Bronco Price Gouging?

Well  my son sent in his 100 buck reservation when the process first surfaced.  He did it with a very large multi brand, multi location dealership that he has bought 3 new vehicles from in probably last 8 years or so.  Yesterday he gets an email from dealership advising ..."a deposit is required and we are asking MSRP plus $5000."

My son's comment to me.."this isn't a GT40"!

Anyone else have a similar experience?

19 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Well  my son sent in his 100 buck reservation when the process first surfaced.  He did it with a very large multi brand, multi location dealership that he has bought 3 new vehicles from in probably last 8 years or so.  Yesterday he gets an email from dealership advising ..."a deposit is required and we are asking MSRP plus $5000."

Why didn’t he check that before committing?   Is it too late to switch dealers?

25 minutes ago, akirby said:

Why didn’t he check that before committing?   Is it too late to switch dealers?

When the reservation system started I do  not believe there was ever anything about pricing-and the reservations are refundable.  I also think he can switch dealers.  As for the $5000 upcharge, I don't think there is anything against doing that.  Isn't it always the dealer's option to do that...as in M"suggested"RP.  

Like he said...this is going to be a volume vehicle (hopefully)-"its NOT a GT40!"

IMO that kind of a "premium" on a vehicle in the 30-40K price range just sends a wrong message.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Rosadini said:

When the reservation system started I do  not believe there was ever anything about pricing-and the reservations are refundable.  I also think he can switch dealers.  As for the $5000 upcharge, I don't think there is anything against doing that.  Isn't it always the dealer's option to do that...as in M"suggested"RP.  

Like he said...this is going to be a volume vehicle (hopefully)-"its NOT a GT40!"

IMO that kind of a "premium" on a vehicle in the 30-40K price range just sends a wrong message.

Except the bronco IS a GT40 Right now. It's a high performance,high demand vehicle with extremely limited availability.

I don't know what people expect, ford literally can't make more despite very much wanting to do so.

You either pay to play, or chill and just wait. Patience is a virtue.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sullynd said:

With the MME changing dealers means losing your place in line, not sure if Bronco is the same

It is. That's why some people placed multiple reservations as various dealers so they could price shop and not lose their place in line as much. 

10 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

You can change dealers until March 19th with no penalty - your reservation and place in line is secure.

Many buyers just asked their dealer for a pricing commitment either before or after reserving.  Some said they weren’t sure yet.  Some said they would include ADMs and some even advertised below invoice prices.   Check the bronco6g forums for dealers in his area that are selling at or below MSRP and move the reservation.  Zero reason to pay ADMs.

I changed dealers, kept my place in line and saved $3000.  Sure, I have to drive 6 hours to pick it up but no way I was paying over MSRP.

Oh, I paid (or will pay) under invoice...and there are plenty of deals out there all around the country at either MSRP or below.

Edited by ffdemoss

6 hours ago, ffdemoss said:

I changed dealers, kept my place in line and saved $3000.  Sure, I have to drive 6 hours to pick it up but no way I was paying over MSRP.

Oh, I paid (or will pay) under invoice...and there are plenty of deals out there all around the country at either MSRP or below.

Yeah, I have 17 ford dealerships within an hour drive of me. Surely one of them would want my business lol

19 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

I ordered mine and no additional deposit or ADM.

Anyways the dealership is playing a dangerous game...Ford really wants to convert orders over to sales. If this dealership starts scaring reservation holders away with an ADM of $5K and they don't convert them over, they can and will most likely lose allocation of Broncos to them.

Some dealerships where converting peoples reservations over before people even came into the dealerships! Ford put the kibosh on that quick. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I ordered mine and no additional deposit or ADM.

Anyways the dealership is playing a dangerous game...Ford really wants to convert orders over to sales. If this dealership starts scaring reservation holders away with an ADM of $5K and they don't convert them over, they can and will most likely lose allocation of Broncos to them.

Some dealerships where converting peoples reservations over before people even came into the dealerships! Ford put the kibosh on that quick. 

What is  surprising to me, is this dealership has 46 stores in eastern MA. In that number are two Ford flags and a Lincoln flag. A lot of them are very "high end" flags. Surprising that they would be so blatant. I guess they forgot about the old school practice of including  "dealer installed options" when they are trying to  run up the number.

Then again what can a new Bronco possibly need that Ford hasn't included?

2 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

What is  surprising to me, is this dealership has 46 stores in eastern MA. In that number are two Ford flags and a Lincoln flag. A lot of them are very "high end" flags. Surprising that they would be so blatant. I guess they forgot about the old school practice of including  "dealer installed options" when they are trying to  run up the number.

Then again what can a new Bronco possibly need that Ford hasn't included?

A CB Radio would be nice. And maybe a gun rack.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2021 at 9:00 PM, Bob Rosadini said:

it wont be a " volume vehicle" for quite some time.......

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2021 at 8:12 AM, ffdemoss said:

don't celebrate too soon...theres a few dealers advertising they will sell under invoice...color me skeptical that Dealers would be that badly managed on a vehicle that is basically sold out...Ive saeen this "rodeo" several times before with Raptors, GT350s andGT500s...not one person that stated they were getting the deal of the century actually ended up owning said vehicle...

Edited by Deanh

Hey @Bob Rosadini, sorry to hear about your experience. As some others have mentioned you are free to move your reservation to another dealership. I am sure there are some in your area selling for MSRP with no add-ons. Some dealerships across the country are even selling for below MSRP as well. I transferred my reservation when my local dealership was giving me the run around. The process was a simple phone call and took mere minutes.

24 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

Hey @Bob Rosadini, sorry to hear about your experience. As some others have mentioned you are free to move your reservation to another dealership. I am sure there are some in your area selling for MSRP with no add-ons. Some dealerships across the country are even selling for below MSRP as well. I transferred my reservation when my local dealership was giving me the run around. The process was a simple phone call and took mere minutes.

my fear is if he actually does move his reservation he will slip down the list again....hope that isn't the issue...