Bronco Price Gouging?

Just now, Deanh said:

my fear is if he actually does move his reservation he will slip down the list again....hope that isn't the issue...

I dont think that is the case. Based on everything that I have read it seems the cut off for locking in the allocation slots with reservations is mid March. Your reservation timestamp is what matters, not the time in which you put your order in as long as it is before mid March.

2 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

I dont think that is the case. Based on everything that I have read it seems the cut off for locking in the allocation slots with reservations is mid March. Your reservation timestamp is what matters, not the time in which you put your order in as long as it is before mid March.

understand that fully...but dealers have limited allocation and if they are like us...those were basically filled within the first week....so, we couldn't order yours initially regardless os your timestamp....the system Ford has implemented is pretty silly to tell the truth....and I sincerely think it sucks that the initial dealer wasn't firm on their pricing policy till now...we conveyed to ALL our customers we were NOT marking up reservations.....now if one hits the floor, my bet is the story will change somewhat.

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Deanh said:

my fear is if he actually does move his reservation he will slip down the list again....hope that isn't the issue...

Ford has made it clear many times that you don't lose your reservation spot if you change dealers.  No penalty whatsoever.  And I've posted it here at least a couple of times.

9 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Probably available as dealer installed options or promotional items at your local Ford Dealer in Texas! 

9 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I dunno, Alaska is basically Texas without the cattle and more snow. 

Just swap the cows for moose!

My neighbor even has horses. Texas does beat us on food though.

Edited by probowler

7 hours ago, Deanh said:

don't celebrate too soon...theres a few dealers advertising they will sell under invoice...color me skeptical that Dealers would be that badly managed on a vehicle that is basically sold out...Ive saeen this "rodeo" several times before with Raptors, GT350s andGT500s...not one person that stated they were getting the deal of the century actually ended up owning said vehicle...

While I agree nothing is ever as easy as it seems, I have it in writing and signed.  Considering the number of people that are using this dealer over on 6G forum they'd have enough lawsuits to put them out of business.  And they've been pretty transparent about their deal and pretty open on that forum promoting it and another deal that is $2000 below invoice.  I also know Ford will penalize a dealer for not selling the Bronco to the reservation holder so they have some stake to follow through.

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2021 at 10:25 AM, akirby said:

Ford has made it clear many times that you don't lose your reservation spot if you change dealers.  No penalty whatsoever.  And I've posted it here at least a couple of times.

you missed the point...he swaps to a dealer that's already used up their initial allocation...hes waiting...

22 minutes ago, Deanh said:

you missed the point...he swaps to a dealer that's already used up their initial allocation...hes waiting...

How can a dealer use up their allocation already when buyers have u til next month to put in their order.  They’re not allocating or sequencing builds until all the orders are in.

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

How can a dealer use up their allocation already when buyers have u til next month to put in their order.  They’re not allocating or sequencing builds until all the orders are in.

hypothetical dealership has 15-20 Broncos coming in 2021. 

There are 35 reservations at that dealership, mostly from 7/14-15 when the reservation system first started. 

People come in and complete their orders that have early reservations. 

A person switches dealerships, but is number 25 and didn't reserve till August lets say.

Its possible they might get bumped because of that. 

3 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

hypothetical dealership has 15-20 Broncos coming in 2021. 

There are 35 reservations at that dealership, mostly from 7/14-15 when the reservation system first started. 

People come in and complete their orders that have early reservations. 

A person switches dealerships, but is number 25 and didn't reserve till August lets say.

Its possible they might get bumped because of that. 

I didn't think it worked that way, and I know it's been subject of much debate here and on the forums.  But even so there is no way to know today whether that's the case.   You won't know until all buyers have submitted their orders or backed out or decided to wait for later availability items.

13 minutes ago, akirby said:

easy...our initial allotment t was 28 units...no where near enough to satisfy the people we have with reservations...they were snapped up quickly...so, what happens if someone transfers their reservation to us and weve already used up what we were givem...answer...they wait till the next allotment...doesn't matter if their reservation was booked before people weve already ordered for....

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

I didn't think it worked that way, and I know it's been subject of much debate here and on the forums.  But even so there is no way to know today whether that's the case.   You won't know until all buyers have submitted their orders or backed out or decided to wait for later availability items.

it only would effect someone if they switched....as Dealers we work down a list....that said, our ordering clerk is getting PISSED at people not returning e-mails or phone calls to lock in their order...so he just gos to the next person...basically, you snooze you lose....

10 minutes ago, Deanh said:

it only would effect someone if they switched....as Dealers we work down a list....that said, our ordering clerk is getting PISSED at people not returning e-mails or phone calls to lock in their order...so he just gos to the next person...basically, you snooze you lose....

The thing that kills me is people expecting their dealerships to contact them to order it. Fuck that! Be the squeaky wheel and get your damn order in!

I was number 2 at my dealership, behind someone at the dealership who ordered one. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Deanh said:

easy...our initial allotment t was 28 units...no where near enough to satisfy the people we have with reservations...they were snapped up quickly...so, what happens if someone transfers their reservation to us and weve already used up what we were givem...answer...they wait till the next allotment...doesn't matter if their reservation was booked before people weve already ordered for....

Nothing was snapped up yet Dean.  You may have submitted orders but until they have ALL the reservation orders and sequencing in the system nothing is allocated.

If I have the very first reservation and I wait until the last day to move my order to your dealership and put in my order then I should get the first vehicle at your dealership.  Otherwise they wouldn't be telling people they can change dealers without losing your reservation.   And they wouldn't be telling people that it doesn't matter if you placed your order last week or March 18th.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, akirby said:

If I have the very first reservation and I wait until the last day to move my order to your dealership and put in my order then I should get the first vehicle at your dealership.  Otherwise they wouldn't be telling people they can change dealers without losing your reservation.   And they wouldn't be telling people that it doesn't matter if you placed your order last week or March 18th.

There are other issues at play too..like if you just want a bone stock 2.3L Bronco with a soft top, your Bronco will be built sooner then one that has the 2.7L and Hardtop. Too many variables 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Nothing was snapped up yet Dean.  You may have submitted orders but until they have ALL the reservation orders and sequencing in the system nothing is allocated.

all I can tell you is our first 28 were snapped up almost immediately so are spoken for...if someone transfers after that they are waiting for the next allocation...we don't cancel those that have already placed their orders..all talking aside though...Ford has done everything possible to make this a botched release...basically everything is a commodity issue...crazy.

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

There are other issues at play too..like if you just want a bone stock 2.3L Bronco with a soft top, your Bronco will be built sooner then one that has the 2.7L and Hardtop. Too many variables 

Bingo...or  a Wildtrak...or a Shadow black Top, or a Sasquatch or or or.....get people excited and then put a small pinhole in the balloon......

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

The thing that kills me is people expecting their dealerships to contact them to order it. Fuck that! Be the squeaky wheel and get your damn order in!

I was number 2 at my dealership, behind someone at the dealership who ordered one. 

couldn't agree more...Ive contacted a bunch...and its getting tiresome...one guy in particular...and HE HAS A FIRST EDITION and is foot dragging...

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

all I can tell you is our first 28 were snapped up almost immediately so are spoken for...if someone transfers after that they are waiting for the next allocation...we don't cancel those that have already placed their orders..all talking aside though...Ford has done everything possible to make this a botched release...basically everything is a commodity issue...crazy.

It's interesting that there are SO many commodity issues. They know EXACTLY what they will need so you would think that could be communicated to suppliers accordingly. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's interesting that there are SO many commodity issues. They know EXACTLY what they will need so you would think that could be communicated to suppliers accordingly. 

Seems like the biggest issue is with the hard top, but also most other things are directly from Ford itself, like the 2.7L V6. 

I'm guessing its more about the reservations up front (which I'm assuming is a higher end mix) that is causing shortages they didn't expect and competing with demand with say the F-150 series with that engine (maybe Ford was expecting a 60/40 split in favor of the 2.3L) with COVID has screwed them up bit.

Plus its  way of dealing with impatient customers that are expecting to get their Broncos come June of this year.
Ford-hey we don't have your Outer Banks 2.7L 2 door yet because there are too many orders for them, but we can blame the V6 shortage instead as an excuse.

In the grand scheme of things, I expect that most commodity issues (that are Ford controlled) will be sorted within 90 days or so after production starts. 

It's my understanding that no allotments are made until after March 19th...change your dealer March 18th and your place in line is saved...regardless of how many orders are already in there.  You could literally cut to the front if you ordered something with no availability restrictions. 

6 hours ago, Deanh said:

How much is it Ford, though, and how much is Covid to blame with both Ford and suppliers?  I don't mean to use that as the everlasting excuse, or to excuse Ford's rocky launch, but as we've seen with the microchip stuff, there seems to be a delayed ripple effect from Covid in general on just about everything

6 hours ago, Deanh said:

Bingo...or  a Wildtrak...or a Shadow black Top, or a Sasquatch or or or.....get people excited and then put a small pinhole in the balloon......

I know of that list of 6 or 7 things, mine had like 4-5 of them haha.

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Seems like the biggest issue is with the hard top, but also most other things are directly from Ford itself, like the 2.7L V6. 

I'm guessing its more about the reservations up front (which I'm assuming is a higher end mix) that is causing shortages they didn't expect and competing with demand with say the F-150 series with that engine (maybe Ford was expecting a 60/40 split in favor of the 2.3L) with COVID has screwed them up bit.

Plus its  way of dealing with impatient customers that are expecting to get their Broncos come June of this year.
Ford-hey we don't have your Outer Banks 2.7L 2 door yet because there are too many orders for them, but we can blame the V6 shortage instead as an excuse.

In the grand scheme of things, I expect that most commodity issues (that are Ford controlled) will be sorted within 90 days or so after production starts. 

I think long term, the 2.3 will be more prevalent (especially as the "average buyer" starts getting them on lots), but they should've known early demand skews higher.

1 hour ago, ffdemoss said:

It's my understanding that no allotments are made until after March 19th...change your dealer March 18th and your place in line is saved...regardless of how many orders are already in there.  You could literally cut to the front if you ordered something with no availability restrictions. 

I think my son has that understanding-unless I heard  him wrong that Initial reservation/deposit dates "rule" and are carried from dealer to dealer. I would have to believe that the only thing that protects your reservation slot from being bumped is a signed order and a deposit.

I think there are enough Ford dealer reps on this thread now that for sure there must be some hardcopy procedure out there?

Or is that wishful  thinking and we are headed for one big CF!