Bronco Price Gouging?

I don't think it's a CF...i think Ford's main goal was protect your reservation spot at your dealer.  It doesn't mean your spot is nationally protected because of the allocation.  I guess you could play the allocation game and shop your reservation and try to predict your place in line but with restrictions on certain options, that would be impossible.  If you review a dealers order history over on 6G, you'll see there's a lot waiting until 2022 anyways hoping for a specific option or color.

I still think you could be bumped even if you've placed your order already if someone transfers to your dealer with a better reservation date and low restriction build...at least until March 19th.

17 hours ago, Deanh said:

all I can tell you is our first 28 were snapped up almost immediately so are spoken for...if someone transfers after that they are waiting for the next allocation...we don't cancel those that have already placed their orders..all talking aside though...Ford has done everything possible to make this a botched release...basically everything is a commodity issue...crazy.

I understand not every dealership is doing this but I respect the hell out of the ones who, so kudos to you guys.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Exactly my point.

that would be a negative ghost rider, at least here...Id be pi$$ed if I had my order bumped because someone came FROM ANOTHER dealer...now what happens at the factory and THEIR scheduling is another thing altogether...but based on how they have handled this whole reservation fiasco, I wouldnt think they would be organized enough....its been an absolute joke.

Edited by Deanh

11 minutes ago, Deanh said:

that would be a negative ghost rider, at least here...Id be pi$$ed if I had my order bumped because someone came FROM ANOTHER dealer...now what happens at the factory and THEIR scheduling is another thing altogether...but based on how they have handled this whole reservation fiasco, I wouldnt think they would be organized enough....its been an absolute joke.

I agree with your line of thinking, though I can certainly understand both sides of it.  It was one thing when someone would switch dealers before orders started going in, and they just slot in wherever the reservation went - essentially no harm no foul.  But now that orders are in, someone skipping the line for an allocation doesn't seem right.  Conversely, I wouldn't be thrilled as a reservation holder if Ford says it's based on reservation number, but I get pushed back because orders are already in.........but I guess technically you wouldn't know where the other orders were in line short of asking people when they reserved theirs.

31 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I agree with your line of thinking, though I can certainly understand both sides of it.  It was one thing when someone would switch dealers before orders started going in, and they just slot in wherever the reservation went - essentially no harm no foul.  But now that orders are in, someone skipping the line for an allocation doesn't seem right.  Conversely, I wouldn't be thrilled as a reservation holder if Ford says it's based on reservation number, but I get pushed back because orders are already in.........but I guess technically you wouldn't know where the other orders were in line short of asking people when they reserved theirs.

Im just saying...its Ford...theres absolutely no  guarantees with anything....especially with a curveball of someone transferring their reservation AFTER orders have already been placed. I have ZERO confidence in whomever is "managing" this  process...another example of bone headed decisions has just raised its head, we have just started to get Mach E's and what Ford deems acceptable as a profit ( theres no holdback etc ) for the vehicle is absolutely asinine....there will be some backlash Im thinking, but underlines what Ive been thinking  for some time...Ford really doesn't care about their dealer base....

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Im just saying...its Ford...theres absolutely no  guarantees with anything....especially with a curveball of someone transferring their reservation AFTER orders have already been placed. I have ZERO confidence in whomever is "managing" this  process...another example of bone headed decisions has just raised its head, we have just started to get Mach E's and what Ford deems acceptable as a profit ( theres no holdback etc ) for the vehicle is absolutely asinine....there will be some backlash Im thinking, but underlines what Ive been thinking  for some time...Ford really doesn't care about their dealer base....

But these aren't normal orders Dean.   Reservation holders can place their order any time until March 19th.   Ford doesn't know exactly how many reservations will be converted to orders or where in the queue those reservations are or which ones can or can't be built yet.    You may have placed 28 orders but there is no guarantee those 28 will make the cut for 2021.  But if they're sticking to building them in reservation order (more or less) and they allow the reservation holder to choose any dealer, I don't see how they can deny allocation for an order the way you're suggesting.    The orders becomes the allocation.   Otherwise it's right back to the old model where you order with a dealer and hope and pray that dealer has enough allocation in which case there was no reason to even have reservations.

I think we'll know a lot more in April after all the orders are processed.

29 minutes ago, akirby said:

But these aren't normal orders Dean.   Reservation holders can place their order any time until March 19th.   Ford doesn't know exactly how many reservations will be converted to orders or where in the queue those reservations are or which ones can or can't be built yet.    You may have placed 28 orders but there is no guarantee those 28 will make the cut for 2021.  But if they're sticking to building them in reservation order (more or less) and they allow the reservation holder to choose any dealer, I don't see how they can deny allocation for an order the way you're suggesting.    The orders becomes the allocation.   Otherwise it's right back to the old model where you order with a dealer and hope and pray that dealer has enough allocation in which case there was no reason to even have reservations.

lol...nothings normal when it comes to Ford handling anything that requires any sort of over-sight....they trip over themselves and when they realize they cant handle it properly they pass the buck to their Dealer base that then takes the flak caused by Corporate.....this isn't our first Rodeo. The onus on FORDPASS is a CLASSIC example, they seem more interested in getting that hooked up than actually selling vehicles....grrrr

• Like 1

This is all an argument against the dealer and allocation model.  Why should a dealer have allocation at all if they are trying to screw over customers.  Ford made it clear to the end customer that the sooner they placed their reservation the sooner they would get their vehicle.  Why should an early reservation holder be punished if their local dealer decides to add a huge ADM.  They should be able to take delivery wherever they want from which ever dealer treats them the best.  If one dealer decides to treat its customers right and has 1000 reservation holders come to them, each one of those orders should be fulfilled in the order of their reservation.  Dealers that try to hose over the end customer shouldn't be rewarded just because of allocation.

36 minutes ago, akirby said:

keep in mind, dependent on commodity issues....you may have the first reservations...but may not get your build even designated a vin number till its a 2022 model....

3 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

This is all an argument against the dealer and allocation model.  Why should a dealer have allocation at all if they are trying to screw over customers.  Ford made it clear to the end customer that the sooner they placed their reservation the sooner they would get their vehicle.  Why should an early reservation holder be punished if their local dealer decides to add a huge ADM.  They should be able to take delivery wherever they want from which ever dealer treats them the best.  If one dealer decides to treat its customers right and has 1000 reservation holders come to them, each one of those orders should be fulfilled in the order of their reservation.  Dealers that try to hose over the end customer shouldn't be rewarded just because of allocation.

they frown on addendums but heres the reality check...if said dealer sells a shitload, Ford has a tendency just to look the other way....in a nutshell, its just MOVE THE METAL.....same can be said for CSI.....

Edited by Deanh

54 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

'm not sure that Ford really polices overpricing. Trying to move allocations based on dealer pricing

is probably a legal minefield, other dealers charging at recommended price is probably the best remedy 

as pricing above MSRP usually stops within the first six months.

8 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

'm not sure that Ford really polices overpricing. Trying to move allocations based on dealer pricing

is probably a legal minefield, other dealers charging at recommended price is probably the best remedy 

Allowing buyers to choose their dealer and move their reservation should squash most of the price gouging.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, akirby said:

Allowing buyers to choose their dealer and move their reservation should squash most of the price gouging.

that I agree 100% with....butwait till an ordered unit becomes stock for whatever reason...you will see addendums...same with the MachE

55 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

they love harping on how they do, smoke and mirrors...same with CSI...if a dealers moving a good amount of units its pretty typical they turn a blind eye...yet want to be heard and seen that they are in the consumers corner....we have a dealer relatively close whose CSI ( let alone YELP reveiws ), is absolutely in the toilet, we are usually way up there...yet their allocation on hard to get vehicles is always significantly more than ours on premium units....go figure...hmmmmm 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

keep in mind, dependent on commodity issues....you may have the first reservations...but may not get your build even designated a vin number till its a 2022 model....

Your Conflating information though:

Per the email from Ford:

Order Tips – Due to overwhelming demand, we expect that certain configurations may lead to extended wait times. These include:
Two‑Door
Wildtrak™ Series
2.7L Engine
Sasquatch™ Package
Lux Equipment Group
Leather‑Trimmed Interior

Additionally, some vehicle options that are slated for late availability will delay the build and delivery of your order.* These include:
Black Modular Painted Hard Top – Deliveries beginning in late summer 2021.

Dual Top (vehicle ships with both a hard top and a soft top) – Deliveries beginning in late summer 2021.

All-Black Interior Seating Option on First Edition – Deliveries beginning in late summer 2021.

Roof Rack With Four-Door Sasquatch Package – Available in 2022 model year.

Manual Transmission With Sasquatch Package – Available in 2022 model year.

Body Color and White Painted Modular Hard Top – Available in 2022 model year.

So if you have any of the these items:

Two‑Door
Wildtrak™ Series
2.7L Engine
Sasquatch™ Package
Lux Equipment Group
Leather‑Trimmed Interior

Don't expect your Bronco within the first 60 days of first deliveries (that would put it into mid to late summer)

Then if you have these items:

Dual Top (vehicle ships with both a hard top and a soft top) – Deliveries beginning in late summer 2021.

All-Black Interior Seating Option on First Edition – Deliveries beginning in late summer 2021.

Don't expect your Bronco til September-November

Finally:

Uh after December.

So using myself as an example:

Big Bend 4 door with the 2.7L and MIC hardtop only

very low reservation number (within 1st hour of it going live)

Number order 2 at the dealership

I'm expecting mine to show up anywhere between July and end of September of this year. 

So if you have a reservation that was done in the first 60 days, I'd say you should be able to get a 2021MY Bronco...your Bronco might come earlier then mine if you get a 4 door with a 2.3L if your in that window. But I guess we will see how that plays out. 

25 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Per the email from Ford:

Order Tips – Due to overwhelming demand, we expect that certain configurations may lead to extended wait times. These include:
Two‑Door
Wildtrak™ Series
2.7L Engine
Sasquatch™ Package
Lux Equipment Group
Leather‑Trimmed Interior

Additionally, some vehicle options that are slated for late availability will delay the build and delivery of your order.* These include:

Two‑Door
Wildtrak™ Series
2.7L Engine
Sasquatch™ Package
Lux Equipment Group
Leather‑Trimmed Interior

Don't expect your Bronco within the first 60 days of first deliveries (that would put it into mid to late summer)

Finally:

Uh after December.

I'm expecting mine to show up anywhere between July and end of September of this year. 

So if you have a reservation that was done in the first 60 days, I'd say you should be able to get a 2021MY Bronco...your Bronco might come earlier then mine if you get a 4 door with a 2.3L if your in that window. But I guess we will see how that plays out. 

lmao...I THINK YOU MISSED ONE./…..anything with wheels.....crazy don't you think...not exactly well prepared...Ill throw a little bone with Suppliers and potential Covid issues...but that's an AWFULLY LONG list...that said I think the car will be worth it...Ive already flipped to a 2022 hoping like hell there will be additional color palettes and options, and less speed bumps...and remember, that e-mail is from Ford...so, grain of salt...

Edited by Deanh

7 hours ago, Deanh said:

lmao...I THINK YOU MISSED ONE./…..anything with wheels.....crazy don't you think...not exactly well prepared...Ill throw a little bone with Suppliers and potential Covid issues...but that's an AWFULLY LONG list...that said I think the car will be worth it...Ive already flipped to a 2022 hoping like hell there will be additional color palettes and options, and less speed bumps...and remember, that e-mail is from Ford...so, grain of salt...

Ha, I have 5 of the 6 on the first set, 1 of the 3 on the second, and plan on just getting a roof rack to work around the third set.

Reports are they're redesigning the way the rack mounts to the roof for '22 to somehow affect the CG because of GVWR.  Not sure how changing that will affect anything.  There's been a whole discussion on 6g about it - can't see them redesigning the top after all the difficulties getting it to production, which theoretically should mean the '22 rack should still fit on a '21 roof.

I ultimately know I won't use the rack much (and plan on leaving it off most of the time anyway), but I feel like there'll be occasional times I'll use it (like putting a paddleboard or kayak up there since they won't fit inside like my Flex).

12 hours ago, Deanh said:

they love harping on how they do, smoke and mirrors...same with CSI...if a dealers moving a good amount of units its pretty typical they turn a blind eye...yet want to be heard and seen that they are in the consumers corner....we have a dealer relatively close whose CSI ( let alone YELP reveiws ), is absolutely in the toilet, we are usually way up there...yet their allocation on hard to get vehicles is always significantly more than ours on premium units....go figure...hmmmmm 

Desire over common sense, people will bitch about overs on hard to get version but still pay it, at least enough do.

Kinda like dealers at the other end of the spectrum who buy up end of YM vehicles complete with final payment 

from Ford and do very well selling old stock while others battle with new product and bitch about crap finance.

Ford benefits by playing everyone off against each other and most seem none the wiser.....

So according to some dealer notices and FAQs, the following is true:

After all the orders are in after March 19th, vehicles that are buildable will be selected for production based on the reservation timestamp.  Priority (other than 99 which means hold) is meaningless.   So yes, if a buyer moves his reservation to a new dealer that could absolutely bump an existing buyer at that dealership.  It's no different than if that customer picked that dealer originally.

The initial allocation estimates were based on 30% of reservations prior to the cutoff date (forgot the exact order date).  The actual allocations will be done after March 19th and will be based 50% on actual orders, 25% on past SUV sales and 25% on local market Wrangler and 4runner sales.

This SEEMS to indicate that a buyer with a later timestamp at a big dealer in a big Wrangler/4runner market might get their Bronco before an earlier timestamp at a different dealer.  I understand why Ford is doing it this way but I don't like it.   They should take all the orders, decide what they can build for 2021 MY, draw the line and build them in timestamp order.  Period.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Per the email from Ford:

Two‑Door
Wildtrak™ Series
2.7L Engine
Sasquatch™ Package
Lux Equipment Group
Leather‑Trimmed Interior

Two‑Door
Wildtrak™ Series
2.7L Engine
Sasquatch™ Package
Lux Equipment Group
Leather‑Trimmed Interior

Finally:

Uh after December.

oof! I was really hoping for a early-mid summer delivery for my 2.7 lux badlands. Reservation was 2 hours after the premiere.

2 hours ago, Dirty Bronco said:

oof! I was really hoping for a early-mid summer delivery for my 2.7 lux badlands. Reservation was 2 hours after the premiere.

Yeah you have two things that might hang you up a bit. 

I'm wondering if the First Editions will actually be the first ones built or not.

I got a call from my dealership today saying they had to resubmit my order, the first time it wasn't tied to the reservation number and Ford changed the order process? Guess I'll see how this shakes out. I'll feel better when I get my repeated email again later today. 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm wondering if the First Editions will actually be the first ones built or not.

I got a call from my dealership today saying they had to resubmit my order, the first time it wasn't tied to the reservation number and Ford changed the order process? Guess I'll see how this shakes out. I'll feel better when I get my repeated email again later today. 

ugh...color me jaded, but when Ford injects itself into the process I expect the worst....

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm going to follow up and check on the Lux package for my order (it wasn't in the system when I went to convert).  Never got a confirmation email.

16 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I'm going to follow up and check on the Lux package for my order (it wasn't in the system when I went to convert).  Never got a confirmation email.

I got my confirmation email after I ordered it on January 23rd but my order on the Ford site/app wasn't updated. That changed yesterday, but still shows me with an OBX order instead of my actual Big Bend Order, which the guy told me would happen. So I guess I'm good to go.