Bronco Price Gouging?

On 2/12/2021 at 1:07 AM, akirby said:

So according to some dealer notices and FAQs, the following is true:

After all the orders are in after March 19th, vehicles that are buildable will be selected for production based on the reservation timestamp.  Priority (other than 99 which means hold) is meaningless.   So yes, if a buyer moves his reservation to a new dealer that could absolutely bump an existing buyer at that dealership.  It's no different than if that customer picked that dealer originally.

The initial allocation estimates were based on 30% of reservations prior to the cutoff date (forgot the exact order date).  The actual allocations will be done after March 19th and will be based 50% on actual orders, 25% on past SUV sales and 25% on local market Wrangler and 4runner sales.

This SEEMS to indicate that a buyer with a later timestamp at a big dealer in a big Wrangler/4runner market might get their Bronco before an earlier timestamp at a different dealer.  I understand why Ford is doing it this way but I don't like it.   They should take all the orders, decide what they can build for 2021 MY, draw the line and build them in timestamp order.  Period.

So Ford is prioritising Bronco orders in locations where  Wrangler has strong sales and prepared to bump other  buyers to do it.

Wow, mixed emotions about that because it betrays the loyalty of buyers ordering well in advance.

• Like 2