Ultimate vs Value package

The widge

Thoughts vs the 2 options, ultimate vs value package, is it worth about $2500 more. Just asking cause me ECO may expire before my truck w ultimate package is built and I’ve found a few on lots that are same as my build minus this one option. Seems like power passenger seat, push button start are the main two differences, both have heated and cooled seats

From order guide:

Value 

Includes:

● Easy Entry/Exit Memory Driver’s Seat Feature

● LED Box Lighting (incl. LED Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL))

● Power-Adjustable Pedals with Memory

● Power Heated/Ventilated Driver/Passenger Seat with Driver Side Memory

● PowerScope® Trailer Tow Mirrors with Memory

● Remote Start System

Ultimate

Includes:

● Ambient Lighting – Fixed Color

● LED Box Lighting (incl. LED Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL))

● Power-Adjustable Pedals with Memory

● Easy Entry/Exit Memory Driver’s Seat Feature

● Power Heated/Ventilated Driver/Passenger Seat with Driver Side Memory

● Intelligent Access with Push-button Start (PEPS)

● Power Telescoping/Tilt Steering Wheel/Column, memory and audio controls

● PowerScope® Trailer Tow Mirrors with Memory

● Remote Start System

● Remote Tailgate Release

● Tailgate Step

● Voice-activated Navigation System with HD and SiriusXM® Satellite Radio ★Wireless Charging Pad (only included when 40/console/40 seat is ordered)

I started with the value package but changed my order after a few weeks to include the ultimate package.  Mainly for charger, remote tailgate and push button start.  I keep my trucks for 10-12 years so I figured why not.

I debated this exact scenerio. But I wanted the Quad Beam LED light package. Only way to get it on the Lariat is to do the Ultimate plus Quad LED, OR do the black out package. I skipped the blackout package. Value is good if you dont care about having the lights (though you can get value + black package)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baddestt said:

I debated this exact scenerio. But I wanted the Quad Beam LED light package. Only way to get it on the Lariat is to do the Ultimate plus Quad LED, OR do the black out package. I skipped the blackout package. Value is good if you dont care about having the lights (though you can get value + black package)

I like my Ford trucks but the being said, LED should be standard on all their vehicles.

They dont offer them just to get people to bump up the package and I resent that.

It is standard on some economy models. Thats an insult.

Im paying $70k and LED is not standard ? WTF Ford ?

Getting people to upgrade is the only reason.

So not cool. What you are talking about is the example. LED lights do not cost them more.

Im just going to do aftermarket bulbs and save $2k. 

Edited by Cold Snak
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cold Snak said:

I like my Ford trucks but the being said, LED should be standard on all their vehicles.

They dont offer them just to get people to bump up the package and I resent that.

It is standard on some economy models. Thats an insult.

Im paying $70k and LED is not standard ? WTF Ford ?

Getting people to upgrade is the only reason.

So not cool. What you are talking about is the example. LED lights do not cost them more.

Im just going to do aftermarket bulbs and save $2k. 

It really is outrageous that all safety features are not included in the base model, LED being one of them.  20-40K profit on each of these trucks.  No excuse for being cheap.

• Like 2

Exactly. You can get the Quad Beam LED lights separately on the KR trim, however, your paying to upgrade to the KR in itself. At least make the lights a stand a lone option on the xlt, lariat as well.

I completely agree, it's all about making money. The LED lights should be standard on the entire line up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScottK1 said:

It really is outrageous that all safety features are not included in the base model, LED being one of them.  20-40K profit on each of these trucks.  No excuse for being cheap.

Agreed.

Its hard because they've got us.

I Need a diesel one ton truck now and I dont want the current cummins and Chevy GMC is out of the question.

They know people like us will buy a Ford anyway. 

They are correct about that. Heartless.

That being said I'm not letting it taint my stoke on the new truck I have being built.

I really wanted the LEDs and was willing to pay the extra $1k for it.  But, I did not want the stuff that came with the Ultimate package (except maybe the power adjustments for the steering wheel and the ambient lighting).  In the end, I just went with the Value Package and I will be happy with it.

Maybe there’s an easy hack to add the interior lighting but if not, I won’t worry about it.  The interior ambient lighting is a nice feature in my 4Runner but not a “must have” for me.

I think my truck might have arrived at the local rail depot today so I am getting closer to my delivery!

Have you looked at an entire LED headlight unit?  There is a lot more than a bulb and housing.  

LED lights are considered a premium option for most all auto manufacturers.  Many Asian brands require you to buy a premium trim level just to get them and they can’t be added as an option on lower models.  So in the scheme of things, on a $70k truck to upgrade to LEDs is 2% of the purchase price? Based on what everyone says that has them vs the stock halogen lights, it’s worth it to me. 

Speaking of LED lights, I assume if you get LED headlights on a Lariat the taillights are LED also?  The order guide only mentions LED taillights on KR and above trim levels.

On 2/19/2021 at 1:42 PM, akirby said:

How dare Ford charge extra for an expensive option that not everybody wants.  Bad Ford!

Everyone should want it.  It is much safer to have LED headlights.  It should be a federal mandate, and I expect it will be, soon enough.  LEDs are cheap now.

On 2/19/2021 at 3:42 PM, akirby said:

How dare Ford charge extra for an expensive option that not everybody wants.  Bad Ford!

Anyone who cares about safety and being able to see better at night wants LED. I would imagine that would be virtually everyone. I don’t think making it a standalone option is too much to ask. 

On 2/19/2021 at 4:46 PM, STDevil said:

I really wanted the LEDs and was willing to pay the extra $1k for it.  But, I did not want the stuff that came with the Ultimate package (except maybe the power adjustments for the steering wheel and the ambient lighting).  In the end, I just went with the Value Package and I will be happy with it.

Maybe there’s an easy hack to add the interior lighting but if not, I won’t worry about it.  The interior ambient lighting is a nice feature in my 4Runner but not a “must have” for me.

I think my truck might have arrived at the local rail depot today so I am getting closer to my delivery!

Check out what this guy did on FordTremor.com , he got a base xlt, no options, with the 6.7 diesel. Took it upon himself to get buy the options he wanted from ford and installed them himself including the LED light package. It is an impressive build:

(106) Pheasant XLT Tremor Build | Ford Tremor Forum | Ford Super Duty

On 2/19/2021 at 7:27 PM, pig9r said:

Have you looked at an entire LED headlight unit?  There is a lot more than a bulb and housing.  

LED lights are considered a premium option for most all auto manufacturers.  Many Asian brands require you to buy a premium trim level just to get them and they can’t be added as an option on lower models.  So in the scheme of things, on a $70k truck to upgrade to LEDs is 2% of the purchase price? Based on what everyone says that has them vs the stock halogen lights, it’s worth it to me. 

Speaking of LED lights, I assume if you get LED headlights on a Lariat the taillights are LED also?  The order guide only mentions LED taillights on KR and above trim levels.

Yes taillights, interior lights, headlights, roof lights (if you get them), plate lights etc are all LED  with the LED headlights on Lariat. 

9 hours ago, tbone said:

Anyone who cares about safety and being able to see better at night wants LED. I would imagine that would be virtually everyone. I don’t think making it a standalone option is too much to ask. 

LEDs are not inherently safer.  In fact in the real world I don’t believe one headlight design/type is statistically any safer than the other - they all let you see enough to drive safely.  But if you want a comparison.....

https://www.consumerreports.org/headlights/are-hid-and-led-headlights-worth-buying/

3 hours ago, akirby said:

LEDs are not inherently safer.  In fact in the real world I don’t believe one headlight design/type is statistically any safer than the other - they all let you see enough to drive safely.  But if you want a comparison.....

https://www.consumerreports.org/headlights/are-hid-and-led-headlights-worth-buying/

Article is 4 years old. In addition, the vehicles they did comparisons with were back in 2012/2015. There have been tremendous advancements in technology within past 5 years with LED technology. Take a look at a 2017 super duty LED lights vs 2020/201 super duty LED lights. Ford advanced their LED light systems. In 2023 with the new super duty, there will be even further advancements.

4 hours ago, akirby said:

1 hour ago, mworkman80 said:

We've all driven around for decades with halogen lights and I doubt they've ever been the cause of an accident due to lack of night visibility. LED headlights look better/cooler so everyone wants them. I'm one of those so I paid more to get them. 

I don’t know what you guys are driving, but here’s what I have observed.  I have two Fords with halogens and two Ford’s with LEDs. There is no doubt in my mind that I can see better at night with LEDs.  My wife, who is not a car enthusiast, will tell you the same.  So explain to me how being able to see further down the road and have a broader peripheral view is not safer? 

3 hours ago, tbone said:

I don’t know what you guys are driving, but here’s what I have observed.  I have two Fords with halogens and two Ford’s with LEDs. There is no doubt in my mind that I can see better at night with LEDs.  My wife, who is not a car enthusiast, will tell you the same.  So explain to me how being able to see further down the road and have a broader peripheral view is not safer? 

I compare it to SD vs HD TV when going between halogens and factory LEDs.

9 hours ago, Baddestt said:

Yes taillights, interior lights, headlights, roof lights (if you get them), plate lights etc are all LED  with the LED headlights on Lariat. 

Thanks.  It’s another one of those things that is not clarified in the order guide.