Jump to content





Sign in to follow this  
rperez817

2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands vs. Jeep Compass Trailhawk

Recommended Posts

Motor Trend posted instrumented test results of its Bronco Sport Badlands today. 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands First Test: Big Engine, Big Performance (motortrend.com)

  • 0-60 mph: 6.5 s
  • 60 mph-0 braking: 123 ft
  • Skidpad: 0.76 g
  • Figure 8 lap: 28.4 s

"By the numbers, the Badlands is a mixed bag, quicker in a straight line but less capable in a corner. Street performance, as we've established, isn't the measure by which we should judge the Badlands, though. It's informative, but you know going in you're trading some on-road performance for a lot of off-road performance. When you consider how the Bronco Sport Badlands performs in both environments, it's clear to us Ford has struck a fantastic balance."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
At one point I was very mildly interested in the renegade and decided to drive one. That 2.4L was one (of quite a few) of the reasons I passed. As everyone knows , 4 cyls typically don't come off as harmonically pleasing and that one basically takes all of that and amplifies it. Besides being a buzzy mess, it reminded me of a 4 cyl from the 80's where you constantly have your foot planted into it. Even with all the fancy nomenclature like "Tigershark" and "Multiair" and the fact that it is a relatively new engine- it was double disappointing.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:


They only sell for 2 reasons. Cheap leases and the Jeep name. My sister got one for that reason despite me being able to get her A-plan in a similarly equipped Escape. They beat that price very easily with no argument at all. 


Besides the wrangler, I think the compass is the best looking jeep in their lineup. With incentives it seems like you can get one for right around 20k. The low price and style probably attract a lot of buyers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Motor Trend posted instrumented test results of its Bronco Sport Badlands today. 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands First Test: Big Engine, Big Performance (motortrend.com)

  • 0-60 mph: 6.5 s
  • 60 mph-0 braking: 123 ft
  • Skidpad: 0.76 g
  • Figure 8 lap: 28.4 s

 

 

6.5 is pretty peppy....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2021 at 3:15 PM, silvrsvt said:

 

Right, but once its on the market 4-5 years from now, the gotta have it crowd will shrink and incentives will come into play...

In 4-5 years, I would hope Ford injected some new gotta have it in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2021 at 12:00 PM, rperez817 said:

Motor Trend posted instrumented test results of its Bronco Sport Badlands today. 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands First Test: Big Engine, Big Performance (motortrend.com)

  • 0-60 mph: 6.5 s
  • 60 mph-0 braking: 123 ft
  • Skidpad: 0.76 g
  • Figure 8 lap: 28.4 s

 

Car and Driver posted its instrumented test results for the 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands it tested. Observed real world fuel economy is relatively low, though not unexpected. Tested: 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Earns the Bronco Name (caranddriver.com)

 

  • 0-60 mph: 5.9 s (omits 0.3 s, 1 ft rollout)
  • 1/4 mile: 14.5 s @ 93 mph
  • 70 mph-0 braking: 163 ft
  • Top speed: 125 mph
  • Observed fuel economy: 20 mpg
  • 75-mph highway driving fuel economy: 24 mpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2021 at 10:48 AM, PREMiERdrum said:

Escape is getting sorted in short order 

 

What is the timeline for the 'sorted' Escape to appear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

 

What is the timeline for the 'sorted' Escape to appear?

Sounds like the 2022 model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

 

What is the timeline for the 'sorted' Escape to appear?

 

1 hour ago, Trader 10 said:

Sounds like the 2022 model.


💁‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2021 at 7:48 AM, PREMiERdrum said:


"Commit to and own segments" has been the directive for a while now and as a whole their portfolio is as competitive as it's ever been. The market is too fragmented and the margins too thin for half-effort "placeholder" products. Escape is getting sorted in short order and there's a bit of fog around the planned Fusion / Edge / Nautilus, but otherwise the lineup is really, really well executed. 

what exactly is getting sorted for the Escape?....restyled front end?...because sincerely, its probably its only weakness….well, and them dragging their plug in feet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New interior for China Compass, most likely making its way here soon.  Nothing impressive per se, but better than it was.

 

EnfXp5XUYAAbeAl.jpeg.0a171999adb4d77632223cc5f0b05840.jpeg

 

2021-jeep-compass-facelift-1.thumb.jpg.8ffec31407a017cbaf1fdb465f3c2eec.jpg

 

779112.jpg.276d1a61bc9d3a6fce5b7cf7fc35270c.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Deanh said:

what exactly is getting sorted for the Escape?....restyled front end?...because sincerely, its probably its only weakness….well, and them dragging their plug in feet...

A small detail, but upgraded door cards wouldn't hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anthony said:

New interior for China Compass, most likely making its way here soon.  Nothing impressive per se, but better than it was.

 

Not bad but definitely not rugged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, akirby said:

 

Not bad but definitely not rugged.

 

I think Jeep likes to think that the Compass as a baby Grand Cherokee (though who knows). There's a lot of overlap in the smaller vehicles in Jeep's lineup that they need to figure out.  I imagine if the Bronco Sport takes off, you may end up seeing a mini-quasi-Wrangler or a much better off road version of what they have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harley Lover said:

A small detail, but upgraded door cards wouldn't hurt.

lost me...door cards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Deanh said:

lost me...door cards?


He’s been watching too many Wheeler Dealer shows......

 

British for inside door panels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Deanh said:

lost me...door cards?


The backwards way (read: British) of saying Door Panels 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Massaged front end, NVH improvements, and a few interior revisions (mainly materials). AFAIK. 

Chinese interior would be nice. A new front end, Chinese interior with better materials and I would definitely consider a new escape.

Edited by T-dubz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Massaged front end, NVH improvements, and a few interior revisions (mainly materials). AFAIK. 

front end should be easy...just turn the damn grill upside down. Nvh I semi agree with but  the complaints were/ are overinflated...and any car can benefit from nicer interior materials....all makes sense...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Massaged front end, NVH improvements, and a few interior revisions (mainly materials). AFAIK. 

 

Great to hear Ford may be addressing the most serious shortcomings of new Ford Escape relatively quickly.

 

Sounds like Ford's culture of mediocrity is melting away, and that Jim Hackett's "design thinking" has really taken root at the company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

 

Great to hear Ford may be addressing the most serious shortcomings of new Ford Escape relatively quickly.

 

Sounds like Ford's culture of mediocrity is melting away, and that Jim Hackett's "design thinking" has really taken root at the company.

 

Could also look at it the other way - "design thinking" wouldn't have put out that poor design in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Could also look at it the other way - "design thinking" wouldn't have put out that poor design in the first place.

 

Yes sir rmc523. Most likely this was due to timing. 4th gen Escape/Kuga design and development was pretty far along by the time Jim Hackett's philosophy started to spread through the various product teams at Ford.

 

Bronco Sport launched over a year after 2020 Escape/Kuga, as a result Bronco Sport benefited from more "design thinking".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, rperez817 said:

 

Car and Driver posted its instrumented test results for the 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands it tested. Observed real world fuel economy is relatively low, though not unexpected. Tested: 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Earns the Bronco Name (caranddriver.com)

 

  • 0-60 mph: 5.9 s (omits 0.3 s, 1 ft rollout)
  • 1/4 mile: 14.5 s @ 93 mph
  • 70 mph-0 braking: 163 ft
  • Top speed: 125 mph
  • Observed fuel economy: 20 mpg
  • 75-mph highway driving fuel economy: 24 mpg

Observed fuel economy is low because they drive them like they stole them.  From what I’ve seen on the F150 forums, the powerboost is doing better than that.  Although some still manage to get 17mpg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×