Steering Wheel Not Adjusting With Memory Settings

LincolnLawyer

I too have a 2018 Navigator. It would frequently ‘lose’ the verticle memory setting.  After many checks by dealer with ‘could not duplicate’ result I wrote a letter to Lincoln and with their involvement they had the dealer replace one of the control modules and it has now been several weeks holding the steering wheel settings.

We have the same thing.  I have been to the dealer twice- the first time they say it's working normal ?.  The second time they said they reprogrammed it and it is still giving me trouble.  And now the drivers outside mirror is also not going to the correct setting.  Frustrating...

6 hours ago, LHB said:

I too have a 2018 Navigator. It would frequently ‘lose’ the verticle memory setting.  After many checks by dealer with ‘could not duplicate’ result I wrote a letter to Lincoln and with their involvement they had the dealer replace one of the control modules and it has now been several weeks holding the steering wheel settings.

Thanks for your response. If it’s not too much trouble, please check your service record and post the specific name and/or part number of the module they replaced, as this would be most helpful. 

• Like 2

On 2/11/2021 at 5:09 PM, LincolnLawyer said:

Thanks for your response. If it’s not too much trouble, please check your service record and post the specific name and/or part number of the module they replaced, as this would be most helpful. 

From the service record -  ‘REPLACED BCM AND PROGRAMMED.’  I think that is Body Control Module (?)

Same problem here. Holds for like a day then loses memory. Dealer not able to reproduce. I did notice if I set the steering wheel and also change a seat setting like lumbar support, it seems to hold a little longer, but does eventually lose it again. One of those things that is irritating but not a big enough deal for me to be leaving at the dealer for days to investigate.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Has anyone had a concrete solution to this? Very frustrating.. I have owned many expeditions, and this problem seems to get worse with every new one.

2016 steering wheel telescoped flawlessly, didn't come out once or twice a year and had to hit memory 1 button to make it telescope out.

2019 steering wheel often did not telescope about 1/10 starts had to hit memory 1 button -  dealer replaced steering column not once but twice! (not sure why as I would not think it had anything to do with the physical column) I gave up complaining about it.

2022 steering wheel does not telescope 1/2 or 1/3 tries absolutely ridiculous for this price of truck.  Dealer has replaced seat control module (no difference), then replaced body control module BCM.  I picked it up and it worked 4 times in a row and then again failed and now does not come out about 1/3 1/4 starts.

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS?? I am at my wits end with this, how hard can it be to make this work properly? I wish I had access to parts and ford tech support I am sure I could get this working somehow.  Does anyone know what other modules are involved in making the steering wheel telescope back out to the previous setting?  What drives me crazy is that it worked almost perfectly on my 2016 but has progressively gotten worse on future models.  I have asked about this on other forums and it doesn't seem many people experience this? I was happy to find this post and see that I am not the only one who has had this issue.  Very odd and frustrating.