None

Sign in to follow this  
rmc523

SK Innovation loses U.S. battery trade case but gets temporary OK to sell to Ford, VW

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

A few people I follow on twitter live in Texas and got by with the Tesla power wall and solar tiles. Never lost power once and the tiles still worked even after being completely covered with snow. Honestly, it really sold me on the system. I probably won't invest in it for my current house but when we do move in a few years I will definitely look into it. 

I do think they're on to something with the solar tiles if they can provide a good amount of power.....eliminate the ugly panels and just have a roof.  I've really not looked into it enough, but I wonder what the lifespan of those are compared to a normal roof.

And how they perform in hurricanes.....

On 2/22/2021 at 1:10 AM, akirby said:

They didn’t plan for this worst case scenario.  Happens a lot.  Doesn’t matter if it’s private or govt.  But private industry can and probably will respond faster than a govt agency.

It could be worse, places like South Africa now has such an unreliable power grid that most people 

now have their own generators that cut in the moment mains supply is interrupted.

Texas is in a completely different situation, a 20 year weather event doesn't justify going out buying 

a generator for back up but if another event happens in two or three years, maybe people start to 

think about it.

Edited by jpd80

23 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

It could be worse, places like South Africa now has such an unreliable power grid that most people 

now have their own generators that cut in the moment mains supply is interrupted.

Texas is in a completely different situation, a 20 year weather event doesn't justify going out buying 

a generator for back up but if another event happens in two or three years, maybe people start to 

think about it.

The CEO of Generac was on CNBC the other day and said they have a long backlog for their generators, and even longer backlog of having it installed as permits are needed. They are building a 2nd plant in SC, but even then they cannot keep up with demand. Generac also does solar powered generators. Look for all auto companies to copy Ford Powerboost within year or two.