2022 Chevrolet Bolt EV and Bolt EUV

rperez817

Chevrolet Grows EV Lineup with 2022 Bolt EUV and Bolt EV

Highlights.

• Base price lowered by over $5,000 compared to 2021 model
  • SuperCruise now available
  • EUV is basically extended length Bolt, adding 3 inches of rear seat legroom
  • Seats have been completely redesigned for additional cushioning and support, and leather seating surfaces are now standard on 2LT (previously Premier)
  • DC Fast Charging (CCS) now standard on all trim levels
  • Dual Level 1 and Level 2 AC charging cord standard on all trim levels
  • For Bolt EV and Bolt EUV customers who purchase or lease the vehicle between 2/14/21 and 6/31/21, GM will pay for installation of a 240V outlet (NEMA 14–50 outlet and new 40-amp breaker in existing panel) at the customer's primary residence by a GM selected vendor

ev-future-ev-euv-packshot.jpg

2022-bolt-euv-ext-gal-01-v2.jpg

2022-bolt-ev-ext-gal-11.jpg

2022-bolt-ev-int-gal-02.jpg

2022-bolt-ev-ext-gal-08.jpg

Edited by rperez817

So they made them a little bit better looking shoes?

Bolt looks better - especially inside - but still looks like a shoe, but there's not much that could be done about that with this just being a refresh.

EUV looks decent, but still not a looker or anything. 

Edited by rmc523

1 minute ago, mackinaw said:

The price reduction is nice, but if I was in the market for an EV, I'm not sure these would be my first choice.

I agree mackinaw sir. Looks like GM is doing a dual market approach for its U.S. market BEV in the next 2-3 years. Bolt EV and Bolt EUV for price conscious customers, Ultium platform vehicles for customers seeking something more high-end in terms of performance and technology.

7 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Is it me or GM just can't design a Chevrolet car or utility without it being so bland and boring looking (almost ugly). 

For crossover/utility type vehicles and crossover inspired passenger cars, it's not just GM but the whole automotive industry that puts out designs that are bland, ugly, or both. It's just the nature of those vehicle categories. Ford's Mustang Mach-E is currently the only crossover type vehicle from any automaker that is neither bland nor ugly.

Maybe GM's Ultium platform BEV crossovers will have styling flair similar to Mustang Mach-E, but that remains to be seen.

Bolt EUV basically just fixed what they screwed up before... Bolt should have been marketed as a CUV instead of a tall hatchback from the beginning. But it is still just a stopgap product until the Ultium platform vehicles starts to fill the showroom.

MACH E doesn't really compete with Bolt directly but you can see why Farley intervened and restart the program... The original C-Max replacement probably would have looked just like Bolt EUV. Roughly the same size too.