Bronco Sport recall

Seriously..  how the hell does this keep happening????

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ford-bronco-sport-hit-another-225655733.html

Ford announced on Thursday it is recalling 1,666 Bronco Sport models over rear-suspension components that may not be properly attached, just months after delivering the first vehicles in late 2020.

"Affected 2021 Ford Bronco Sport vehicles were produced with rear suspension modules that may not be fully secured to the subframe. Rear suspension modules with loose or missing bolts may affect the vehicle's stability, increasing risk of an accident, and may result in reduced rear impact crash performance, increasing the risk of injury," the carmaker said in a press release.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 351cid said:

Well...that didn't take long. 

I'm so old, I remember when Ford built quality products. 

Akirby said it in another thread, this is probably the system working. What it sounds like happened here is one of the computerized nut runners didn't pass a torque check so they’re bringing some in to verify torque. I highly doubt there's any bolts actually missing. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

Seriously..  how the hell does this keep happening????

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ford-bronco-sport-hit-another-225655733.html

Ford announced on Thursday it is recalling 1,666 Bronco Sport models over rear-suspension components that may not be properly attached, just months after delivering the first vehicles in late 2020.

"Affected 2021 Ford Bronco Sport vehicles were produced with rear suspension modules that may not be fully secured to the subframe. Rear suspension modules with loose or missing bolts may affect the vehicle's stability, increasing risk of an accident, and may result in reduced rear impact crash performance, increasing the risk of injury," the carmaker said in a press release.

Interesting. A bronco sport already rolled over up here. I wonder if this had anything to do with it?