Re-using shock bolts

STDevil

Hi all -

for those who put new shocks on their trucks, did you re-use your shock bolts?  I have a F350 4WD en route and plan to replace the shocks with Bilstiens.

The service manual says to discard all of the bolts and nuts.  I am guess they are torque to yield but don’t know this for a fact.  The parts guy said it’d be about $50 for new hardware and also said that most DIYers don’t replace the hardware.  He suggested that I go to Tacoma Screw (if it is a fastener, they probably have it) and get the fasteners there.

I am interested in any input from you guys...

thanks...

I think you would be fine but peace of mind is worth something too.  I have typically reused shock bolts on other vehicles without issue.  They say the same about the bed bolts but they get reused all the time.   I get most of my hardware online from Bolt Depot.  They ship very quick. 

Well I ended up ordering new fasteners.  Everything comes in packages of four, so I have twice as much as I will need.  If anyone in the Seattle area is interested in buying the left overs, let mw know...otherwise, they'll go in my nut and bolt organizer...