Crazy Navigator story

TrentM

Certainly not the same experience, but you'll be much safer driving your Navigator than on the Harley.  In the past the motorcycle/car mix was dangerous enough, but like you have pointed out today there is just so much more distracted driving making it even more dangerous. 

Very True.  I have a coupla friends who ride that are thinking of hanging it up also.   We are considering the Gator as our new RV.  It will get us wherever we want to go and we can stay on motels and hotels like we always do. Don't have to look for an RV park or campground. No septic tank to drain and clean. Always have clean sheets. Always have a toilet and shower that work fine. no cleaning. TV.   RV has a killer sound system with 20 speakers! lol!    we like this kind of RV traveling life style.

Our 2021 Reserve L has been on order since early January and may be delivered in a few weeks.  One of the main reasons for it's purchase was to travel out west with it and our 2 dogs.  We have thoughts of renting a small trailer for a week or 2 but like you mostly staying in motel or hotels that are dog friendly.  I like your comments around RV's verses hotels. ?

I understand the appeal of actual RV traveling.  Millions of people love that lifestyle and love their trailers, campers, and motorhomes. My sister and her husband own one of the biggest RV parks in Idaho located in Idaho Falls a couple of hours from Yellowstone and from Jackson Hole. They are constantly full and crazy busy. They are opening another one 2 miles away this spring.  But that lifestyle just  does not work for us.   Motorcycle travel has it's good and bad. One of the bad that we are tired of is that everything you are carrying is on the back of  that bike. So when you park at a coastal turn out, or scenic parking area, ya cant walk down to the beach { In your leathers / boots } and leave all your stuff sitting up there unattended. It will be gone. Even worse these days than it was a coupla years ago. And we are tired of riding through Central California and other wild west terrains in 115 degree weather. We both got mild heat stroke a couple of years ago.  Been using my Raptor for traveling the last 1 1/2 years. Works well and I love it just fine, but not always comfortable for all day trips.  The Gator fixes that. Did 12 hour driving stints from Florida and not once did we get butt sprung or uncomfortable. We like Holiday Inn Express or Best Western as our RV parks. lol.   This Gator will be a fine RV for us.  

• Like 1

Its nice to hear your new ride was comfortable on long drives!  We are looking forward to that as well.

Oh its amazing how the RV industries has blown up in the last 5 years.  My parents had a bus style RV for about 20 years and did lots of volunteer work around the country with it and made many good friends through out their travels.  My dad saved his vacation for 2-years so our family could take a 8-week vacation to visit as many of the national parks as we could one summer when we were all young kids using my grand parts truck and trailer, I have many fond memories of that trip. 

If we do get our chance to travel out west I'd like to take my wife to Yellowstone and the Tetons as that area has to be some of the most beautiful in the country. 

How many miles do you have on your Raptor?

I have 28,000 miles on the Raptor. It is also my daily driver work truck. I am a Real Estate Appraiser. An Extremely busy one. I have had it since Sept of 2019. Had 3 F-150's before that and many other Ford trucks. Been a Ford guy my whole life. Now Lincoln too! .   We made 3 separate trips to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone last year and we Love Teton Park. Just an amazing place and we always see more wildlife there than Yellowstone.  Got to know Grizzly bear 399 and her 4 cubs well!   Google her!   Used that Raptor to travel some crazy back country dirt roads that you would never consider traveling on. Also made it up to the Black hills, Deadwood, Mount Rushmore, Glacier National Park, all over Montana & Northern Idaho. Planning a lot more road trips in the new Gator RV!  lol..    The RV industry is unbelievable. The size of some of the dealerships around here is astounding!   Hundreds of millions of dollars of inventory sitting on those huge lots.  Someone is buying all that steel on wheels!   Sounds like you have some great childhood traveling memories!.   If you come over here we will have to meet up!

By the way I stopped into the Lincoln dealership in Boise today. They are not a Black Label Dealership so they cannot even order them or sell them, but they can do all the B.L. services. They have never even seen one!  Told me I may have the only 2021 Black Label Gator in Idaho unless someone else has bought one out of state and drove it here also.  Which is very possible of course.  Tell ya what... You don't want to damage one of those factory wheels that come on a B.L..     They cost $1,800 each to replace.   Gulp!... I got 4 of them for sale if anyone wants a good deal to put on their Reserve.

Wow that's pretty amazing about 399 and her age with 4 cubs last year!

The RV industry is huge and it is amazing how much some of the higher end ones can go for.

Pretty neat that you might have the only 2021 BL in Idaho also and wow $1,800 for the rims someone will have to had to scuffed one of theirs up and will want one to keep the OEM look, hoping you can find a decent offer.

Nice that you have been a Ford/Lincoln guy as they seem to have their act together.

We will definitely let you know when we head out west.