Ranger PIH for Europe - Implications for Bronco?

7 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Actually, it's all the time because a rational decision is one where a choice is made to benefit self interest 

or a select group that an individual represents and less to do with benefit to the whole community.

A rational decision is a reasonable, logical, and sensible decision.  Since government is supposed to look out for and represent the constituents, looking out for their own self interest is not reasonable or sensible to the constituents, only the government official.  If they are looking out for themselves, they aren’t doing their jobs,

7 hours ago, jpd80 said:

In your country, yes.

The whole reason American politics is failing is due to polarisation,

your law makers are bought and paid for long before they set foot in the Capitol.

Yes.  Takes lots of money to get elected.  Compromise is seen as failure and won’t bring in the big bucks for the next campaign.  So they tow the extreme edges of the party line to keep the money flowing from the passionate big donors.  Campaign finance reform is long overdue, but the fox is guarding the hen house.

I sense a tan gent making an appearance...

Edited by slemke

13 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Back to the Ranger PIH.  362 horsepower and 502 pound-feet of torque out of the 2.3 is amazing. I'm amazed at the power the 2.3L makes now every time I drive it, but dang, that's insane and I love it!

Yes, I’m really liking Ford’s hybrid strategy.  Seems to mimic the German manufacturers.  Hopefully ranger and bronco will get pro power on board also.  I could see it being great on transit and e-series also.

5 hours ago, jpd80 said:

It's refreshing to see hybrids and PHEVs used as Power adders on top of their fuel saving virtues,

it may be just the ticket to changing people's minds about hybrids just being Econo oriented.

I think it plays into the value proposition and added utility of pro power.  It was much harder to justify paying a premium for a non premium engine. With fuel prices low, the incentive just wasn’t there ( other than to consciously conserve energy).  With the f150 powerboost, it is the premium engine and delivers top hp, torque, and fuel economy (ties diesel, but fuel is cheaper).  So the price is justified in the pricing structure.  The powerstroke diesel gets lost in the shuffle on the f150.  Pricing is high, but delivers significantly less performance.

if the ranger and bronco get a 2.3l powerboost with more hp and torque than the 2.7 ecoboost, it too can be marketed as the top engine and command premium pricing.  The combo would even work well in the Explorer.

I would like to see powerboost adapted to the f250 also using the 7.3L as a starting point.  Just dropping in the 3.5L powerboost wouldn’t cut it.  The performance gains wouldn’t be there to justify the cost.  

powerboost could become Ford’s hellcat.