2021 F-150 Safety Recall

• 4 weeks later...

Oh my, that seems like quite an impact to Fords bottom line (i.e. profits). 

I know stuff happens, but you would think a company the size of Ford would have enough inspections and quality control procedures in place to catch issues like this.  If they were not aware of any windshield failures in crashes I wonder how they determined the adhesion of the sealant of the windshield was not adequate?

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, succeed23 said:

Anyone know if Ford addresses issues on new builds? I imagine if Ford issues a recall for a known issue, they wouldn't continue to build vehicles using the same parts. 

From what I've always seen... when a known issue is identified, the resolution is first applied to units either in production or about to enter production so that they're not producing units that will be part of a recall. In addition, produced units identified with the problem are usually held and repaired at the plant prior to being released for shipment. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ice-capades said:

From what I've always seen... when a known issue is identified, the resolution is first applied to units either in production or about to enter production so that they're not producing units that will be part of a recall. In addition, produced units identified with the problem are usually held and repaired at the plant prior to being released for shipment. 

That's good to know and makes sense.