Kia Unveils Sedona-replacing 2022 Carnival

rmc523

Kia is betting the minivan market in the US will evolve in the same direction has it has overseas - from family vehicles to VIP transport. Hence the name change and reboot. They are probably going to target high end fleet sales which currently is dominated by full size SUVs like Escalade and Navigator but they are not the best tool for the job. 

Just now, akirby said:

For comparison the Sedona is $30,400 to $41,500.  Styling alone would be worth the price increase (if you were in the market for a minivan).

Yes, totally agree.  If I were a mini van person, I would consider this.  I’m not a big fan of the name though. 

• Like 1

I have a large Hasidic population the next town over from me that has a huge number of minivans due to their family sizes...mostly Toyotas. I wonder how this will fare there...but they seem to buy mostly used....

Its not bad for a Minivan either way.  

55 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I have a large Hasidic population the next town over from me that has a huge number of minivans due to their family sizes...mostly Toyotas. I wonder how this will fare there...but they seem to buy mostly used....

Hasidic Jews who own minivans now should find new 2022 Kia Carnival appealing. Carnival has the most passenger and cargo room of any minivan/MPV model in the U.S. market. The Kia press release highlighted these numbers.

• Best-in-class 168.2 cubic feet of passenger room
  • Best-in-class 145.1 cubic feet of cargo room (behind first row) in LX, EX, SX trims