F350 Heavy Duty Payload Package

AggieDad

When I ordered my F350 my dealer and I did not discuss the option of the "Heavy Duty Payload Package".   I don't recall even being aware of it despite going through the configuration via the web portal numerous times.   What is included in that package?   My order is a F350 Platinum with 6.7L TD, 3.31 E-locking rear end, 4x4, 20" wheels, and 5th wheel prep.  I'm hoping for as much payload as possible so I removed the sun roof and skid plates to save weight.  Did I make a mistake on my order by not including the "Heavy Duty Payload Package"?   My scheduled build date per my dealer is 3/9.

It's actually not even called that. The below is from Ford's vehicle builder. There is no such thing as a "Heavy Duty Payload Package" for the F-250 or the F-350. You would not need the Trailer Tow Package below on a F-350 and it's not even offered. You are good to go.

F-250 Trailer Tow Package - High Capacity

Requires:
• 6.7L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine
• Trailer Brake Controller (TBC) – XL SRW

Includes:
• Increase GCW on diesel engine from 23,500 lbs. to 30,000 lbs.
• Upgraded axle

Not available with:
• 10,000 GVWR/9,900 GVWR Package
• Pickup Box Delete

The highest GVWR package is default. You (or you dealer) have to choose to "de-rate" it. For the F-350 SRW Gas engines it is the "10,000 GVWR Package" and for the diesel SRW it is the "11,400 GVWR Package". If you want the highest payload, don't choose one of the GVWR packages.

Edited by mworkman80
Changed 11,300 to 11,400

The highest gvwr for f350 cc 6.7 srw is 11500? When I built my Tremor on ford site I selected 11400, however when order preview came out it defaulted to 11500 on order confirmation.

On LB CC f350 6.7, I think gvwr can go up to 12400?

Edited by Baddestt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...