Ranger Interior

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah that start button placement is weird.

Trying to figure out if it's the Mach E's screen, or just the 12" turned vertically.

I like it a lot actually. I don't know why the start button wasn't out there AGES ago since clearly in a lot of cases nobody designs the IP around it anyway. It always seems like an afterthought. 

50 minutes ago, Trader 10 said:

Fuzzy, any speculation as to a job 1 date?

Lol that's a good one. 

In all seriousness, no. I have heard a couple of things that will make my life easier on the shop floor but nothing I can divulge right now. 

• Like 2

I'm not sure on that start button because it seems to be in a place you cant see very well, its not like you can see the base of the washer stalk from the driver's position.....but hard to say without sitting in one which we won't be doing for a while.  Definitely is unique.  Might be to make panels the same for keyed or keyless models.

That is a nice looking steering wheel though.  Super meaty and look at the inside stitching and thumb rests.  Nicer than the current leather wrapped wheel in the Ranger.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Anthony said:

I'm not sure on that start button because it seems to be in a place you cant see very well, its not like you can see the base of the washer stalk from the driver's position.....but hard to say without sitting in one which we won't be doing for a while. 

I think it makes perfect sense,  it’s the same spot as a regular key and much easier to use because you don’t have to actually see it to use it unlike trying to find the key slot.   I like it.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, akirby said:

I think it makes perfect sense,  it’s the same spot as a regular key and much easier to use because you don’t have to actually see it to use it unlike trying to find the key slot.   I like it.

I agree!  Hopefully it actually makes production.  I would like to have seen that on Bronco, though I will not like mine any less when I get it!

Edited by danglin

2 hours ago, akirby said:

You are 100% spot on. Why fiddle around with a key, when you can just step on the break and push a button!

Edited by UNDERGROUNDF250

3 hours ago, akirby said:

My only thought would be with how quiet some engines/powertrains can be these days, you can't see the light on the button and I can see people accidentally leaving their car running.

36 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I don't ever want another vehicle with a keyed ignition ever again. 

Same here.  The exception would be if it's an old/classic car that didn't have them.

4 hours ago, akirby said:

Have never seen it placed there so not sure how easy it is to use. My strong assumption is that they are using the same trim around the wheel and it either comes with a key or push button-saves them money. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I don't ever want another vehicle with a keyed ignition ever again. 

I said that too but it hasn’t been a problem with my f150.  Couldn’t justify spending $10k more for the lariat just to get push button start, leather and auto hvac.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

My only thought would be with how quiet some engines/powertrains can be these days, you can't see the light on the button and I can see people accidentally leaving their car running.

I don’t think that’s a big issue.  You still see the tach and if you open the door you get a warning message and chime.

So my question is when exactly will this new 2023 redesigned Ranger be for sale? I ask this because I currently have a 2019 Ranger leased and that lease ends in April 2022. I really want a Ranger again, but I’d rather have the new one versus the 2022 which will basically be the same as mine. Last, does Ford Credit ever extend leases for someone who has been a good customer if they are waiting on a new model? If so how long? Thanks to anyone that has some insight on this.

24 minutes ago, 2005Explorer said:

So my question is when exactly will this new 2023 redesigned Ranger be for sale? I ask this because I currently have a 2019 Ranger leased and that lease ends in April 2022. I really want a Ranger again, but I’d rather have the new one versus the 2022 which will basically be the same as mine. Last, does Ford Credit ever extend leases for someone who has been a good customer if they are waiting on a new model? If so how long? Thanks to anyone that has some insight on this.

Ford will let you extend leases. I’ve known people to get up to six months extension. 

• Like 1

All these mentions of the car honking horns or chirping and warning messages if you get out because you can't see the ignition button light is not exactly comforting.  I am not saying either way if this is a good idea or not, because none of us will know how it will work in real life until we sit in one... but if you have to rely on a horn honking to remind you to turn the car off, than the UI is not good in the first place.

Again, it may work great, I just thought it was really an odd place to put something you should be able to see the ignition light.

• Like 1