Ranger Interior

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

Again, it may work great, I just thought it was really an odd place to put something you should be able to see the ignition light.

Just to play devil’s advocate...... you can’t see the key position either so how do you know the engine is still running?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Because the key is in my pocket.  I’d try that with a button but it might void the warranty. 

You know what I meant.  Traditional key ignition. You take it out of the ignition without looking at it.  Using a push button would be the same.

16 hours ago, akirby said:

I think it makes perfect sense,  it’s the same spot as a regular key and much easier to use because you don’t have to actually see it to use it unlike trying to find the key slot.   I like it.

With the much wider screen, it probably doesn't leave much room left to place it. The A/C vent will likely be very close to the driver.

21 hours ago, akirby said:

Just to play devil’s advocate...... you can’t see the key position either so how do you know the engine is still running?

It's far easier to forget to push a button in a quiet vehicle when your keys remain in your pocket than it is to forget to take the keys out of the ignition/keep the car running with the keys you likely need (for other keys on the ring).

Obviously both can happen, but I think the former is more likely than the latter.

On 2/27/2021 at 11:57 AM, 2005Explorer said:

So my question is when exactly will this new 2023 redesigned Ranger be for sale? I ask this because I currently have a 2019 Ranger leased and that lease ends in April 2022. I really want a Ranger again, but I’d rather have the new one versus the 2022 which will basically be the same as mine. Last, does Ford Credit ever extend leases for someone who has been a good customer if they are waiting on a new model? If so how long? Thanks to anyone that has some insight on this.

No problem extending your lease, especially if you are ordering another Ford product! Your dealer should be contacting you 60-90 days before lease end just to see what your intentions may be and possibly inquire about condition and milage at that point.

It's way too early to tell now, but 2023 ordering may open around April or May 2022, but historically 5G Rangers are among the last Fords to change over. Covid should be a memory by then and the Bronco in full production, so MAP should have the joint assembly working smoothly, and the 6G Ranger might arrive more timely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

It's far easier to forget to push a button in a quiet vehicle when your keys remain in your pocket than it is to forget to take the keys out of the ignition/keep the car running with the keys you likely need (for other keys on the ring).

Obviously both can happen, but I think the former is more likely than the latter.

I doubt Ranger will be that quiet, but that wasn’t the situation.  The point was not being able to see the push button easily.

5 hours ago, akirby said:

I doubt Ranger will be that quiet, but that wasn’t the situation.  The point was not being able to see the push button easily.

With engine deactivation when stopped, it’s as quiet as an EV. 

Mind you,  I’m mostly just pulling your chain. But it is definitely a unique position for the button. Who knows it may start a new industry standard for all we know. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

With engine deactivation when stopped, it’s as quiet as an EV. 

Mind you,  I’m mostly just pulling your chain. But it is definitely a unique position for the button. Who knows it may start a new industry standard for all we know. 

It does take some getting used to to actually push the button and shut it off when the engine already shut down.  Although, now that I think about it, I think the engine restarts when you put it in park.