2019 fusion glovebox light!

Michael f

Set your cellphone to record a video and place it in the glove box with the camera pointing up.

Close the glove box.

Wait 10 seconds.

Open the glove box.

Stop the recording.

Play the recording and you will have the answer.

Edited by murphy62
add info

1 minute ago, murphy62 said:

Set your cellphone to record a video and place it in the glove box. 

Close the glove box.

Wait 10 seconds.

Open the glove box.

Stop the recording.

Play the recording and you will have the answer.

I did that and the light stayed on, I’m just curious if this is normal or if there is an issue you know?

11 minutes ago, Trailhiker said:

I know you have to remove the glovebox to change the cabin air filter in the Fusion. If this was done,  there could be a misaligned sensor.

Any ideas where this sense would be or what it looks like? I’ve looked everywhere for information on this and have found nothing

With the car off open the passenger door, get in, and open the glove box.  After a period of time, that I did not measure, there was a click and the light went out.

It appears to be connected to the ambient lighting circuit.  It's an LED so the load is minimal.

Edited by murphy62
more info

11 minutes ago, murphy62 said:

With the car off open the passenger door, get in, and open the glove box.  After a period of time, that I did not measure, there was a click and the light went out.

It appears to be connected to the ambient lighting circuit.  It's an LED so the load is minimal.

I did that and mine stayed on, but I’m sure if left ignored at some point it could cause the battery to die. 

Did you wait until the ambient lights turned off.  A single LED is not going to cause the battery to die.  The multitude of microprocessors that are always on will do that job.

I find that if my car will be unused for more than a week I have to connect a smart battery charger to the 12 volt battery.