Mustang Mach E tearing into Tesla sales volume.

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

My former dealership got it's first 2021 Mustang Mach-E last week which is now in service via the Ford Courtesy Transportation Program. I haven't seen the vehicle yet (Rapid Red Premium AWD w/88KWH Ext Battery) but talked to the General Manager about it yesterday while we were talking about business matters. I still have full access to the FMCDealer.com portal and still provide inventory reports and other services. 

Anyway, the GM gave the Mach-E an unparalleled rave review for the features, ride quality, performance, etc. His only disappointment is the 8-way power seat instead of the 10-way power seat. The only concern is the available driving range. After driving it for a few days the available range displayed after a full charge was only 214 miles! We've had some cool weather lately in CT (mid 30's with some overnight lows in the teens) but nowhere as cold as it would normally be. So as discussed in many Mach-E posts, the cold weather range is going to be a factor and concern for customers. 

I'll try to stop by the dealership soon so I can drive the Mach-E myself and post my own comments and photos.  

The range displayed is based in part on driving habits.  If the employees are raving about the performance, then the car is likely calculating a shorter range based on being driven enthusiastically.  This might be a bigger factor than the temperature.  

7 minutes ago, Havelock said:

The range displayed is based in part on driving habits.  If the employees are raving about the performance, then the car is likely calculating a shorter range based on being driven enthusiastically.  This might be a bigger factor than the temperature.  

Understood. The range calculation and driving factors also applies to that for ICE vehicles. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

Thank you fuzzymoomoo sir. Didn't know that Mustang Mach-E was ever planned to be assigned to FRAP. 

Also, isn't Mach-E assembled at CSAP in Cuautitlán Izcalli? Not Hermosillo?

You are correct, I typed that in a hurry and had a bit of a brain fart.

It is my understanding that the program Mark Fields announced for FRAP shortly before he stepped down is the program that turned into what we now know as Mach-E. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You are correct, I typed that in a hurry and had a bit of a brain fart.

It is my understanding that the program Mark Fields announced for FRAP shortly before he stepped down is the program that turned into what we now know as Mach-E. 

Mark Fields... One of the few Ford CEO's that many are trying to forget and someone that so quickly forgot everything that Alan Mulally tried to teach! 

• Like 2

Just now, rmc523 said:

I thought about one too - just not sure if I'm ready for a full BEV yet.

Plus.....Bronco lol.

My wife and I where talking about the MME...I said I wouldn't mind having one...she wants a Bronco Sport as her next vehicle...and she straight up told me...we did this the wrong way...you should have gotten the MME now and she would have gotten the full sized Bronco when she replaced her Escape and we would trade cars...she drives alot more then I do and it would make more sense for her to drive the MME for her job. 

47 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I thought about one too - just not sure if I'm ready for a full BEV yet.

Plus.....Bronco lol.

If I won the lottery I'd probably have the following in my new 10 stall garage:

Porsche 911 GT3

Porsche 718 Boxster S

Mustang GT350

Bronco 4 door Mansquatch

F150 Raptor

Lincoln Aviator Black Label

Mustang Mach-E GT

Fully Restored 1977 F100 Ranger XLT SWB

Edited by akirby
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, akirby said:

If I won the lottery I'd probably have the following in my new 10 stall garage:

Porsche 911 GT3

Porsche 718 Boxster S

Mustang GT350

Bronco 4 door Mansquatch

F150 Raptor

Lincoln Aviator Black Label

Mustang Mach-E GT

Fully Restored 1977 F100 Ranger XLT SWB

Like your list, though I would have to have a fully restored 1959 4 door Cadillac. 

The MME would be my first and only choice for an all-electric from what is available currently. Very tempted, but then I'd have to get rid of my truck and I don't want to do that.  I'm sure when the time comes for me to buy an all-electric, there will be many more offerings, but I've got a feeling the MME will always be near the cream of the crop in my mind.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2021 at 10:48 PM, rperez817 said:

ID.4 and Ariya seem promising overall, but they have the same old, same old boring crossover styling. 

Mustang Mach-E has more visual flair than any other crossover type BEV, including Model X and Model Y. That's one of the biggest reason for Mach-E's success.

I saw my first MME in the wild yesterday, plugged into an EV parking space at Safeway. OMG, what a beautiful vehicle! Somehow in pictures it has always come across to me as looking a bit chunky. But in person it is one of the most striking crossovers I've ever seen. It somehow looks graceful and muscular at the same time, and its appearance is so much better than the bland, utilitarian style of the Model Y and Model X (only the S is really much of a looker). Loved that blue color too.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Yet another Auto that doesn't photograph "well"...the MME looks impressive in person. My wife was comparing it to the BMW X6 or the Porsche Macan 

Get Bill Ford to stand near a Grabber Blue Mustang Mach-E, and they both photograph very well. When my wife saw Ford's photos of the vehicle, she told me "I want this car in this color". :)

bill-ford-mach-e-1200-2-jpg.447

Edited by rperez817
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Get Bill Ford to stand near a Grabber Blue Mustang Mach-E, and they both photograph very well. When my wife saw Ford's photos of the vehicle, she told me "I want this car in this color". :)

bill-ford-mach-e-1200-2-jpg.447

Yeah, that was the color I saw. Stunning. And while this isn't a bad picture, even here the rear haunch looks chunky. In person, the lines flow back smoothly and the vehicle appears more like a high-powered work of art. 

Edited by Gurgeh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, akirby said:

No I think they just hate anything that isn’t a traditional car.

I like the Mach-E design in person, but man, you need to open your mind and understand that a differing opinion doesn’t require a label.  Of course this is a Ford focused forum, but the “hater” or “purist” label is growing tiresome.  I get it, you love Ford (as do I), but not everyone has to agree.   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

I like the Mach-E design in person, but man, you need to open your mind and understand that a differing opinion doesn’t require a label.  Of course this is a Ford focused forum, but the “hater” or “purist” label is growing tiresome.  I get it, you love Ford (as do I), but not everyone has to agree.   

There are many opinions expressed in the many forum topics available here at BOF. What's important is that we can agree to disagree! 

Unfortunately, the overall site behavior has declined substantially in the past few months with a lot of the new members and others making frivolous or unrelated posts in many of the forums which is taking forum threads completely off-topic. In addition, far too many new members are posting the same comments or content in multiple forum threads. I certainly understand that new members try to increase their post counts but the past few months it has gotten out of control in my opinion. In addition, a lot of new members are creating new forums and message threads that just duplicate existing entries.

There are a good number of members that have been active much longer and contribute to the discussions. Unfortunately there are also members that, while being active at a site for Ford enthusiasts, regularly take every opportunity to bash Ford, its products and a whole list of topics related to Ford, product quality, recalls, product development, etc. In those cases it's sometimes difficult to exercise restraint in replying to a post. It's to be expected to a degree that on a public forum that some of the behavior becomes a pissing match of posters trying to impress others, etc. All too often, I've not gotten involved in those discussions because doing so would just encourage the behavior further.    

I started a conversation with the other moderators yesterday with my concerns about the overall site behavior deteriorating and my thoughts that all of us moderators need to do a better job at keeping the site better focused. As moderators, we volunteer our time to help make and maintain BOF as the best resource for enthusiasts and customers alike. It's not always easy and some moderators are online and available more than others. Even so, we're all trying to help make the site the best resource for Ford enthusiasts and customers. There were several actions taken yesterday by moderators to start keeping the BOF forums more focused. 

Hope this helps!    

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

What's important is that we can agree to disagree! 

Hopefully that sentiment is shared with the other moderators.  Moderators bashing members, opinions, perceived public perception, etc is common behavior around here.  Cleaning up that behavior is step 1.  Anyway, I appreciate the thoughtfulness of your response.    

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I started a conversation with the other moderators yesterday with my concerns about the overall site behavior deteriorating and my thoughts that all of us moderators need to do a better job at keeping the site better focused. As moderators, we volunteer our time to help make and maintain BOF as the best resource for enthusiasts and customers alike. It's not always easy and some moderators are online and available more than others. Even so, we're all trying to help make the site the best resource for Ford enthusiasts and customers. There were several actions taken yesterday by moderators to start keeping the BOF forums more focused. 

Hope this helps!    

Ice-Capades,

Thank you for the response. I hope that the Moderators also take the time for some self-reflection, in this particular thread, the word "haters" was first mentioned by a Mod.  There are those that insist on imposing their opinion on others, sometimes making it sound like they are "in the room" with the rest of the Corporate decision-makers.

Like you said, we are all entitled to an opinion, but just because a Moderator may post it, doesn't make it FACT.

HRG

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Hopefully that sentiment is shared with the other moderators.  Moderators bashing members, opinions, perceived public perception, etc is common behavior around here.  Cleaning up that behavior is step 1.  Anyway, I appreciate the thoughtfulness of your response.    

In simple terms, I think in many cases the enthusiasm and passion cause an individual to reply too quickly and without thinking about the reply might be interpreted. Very often posts are taken literally and not necessarily in the context intended.  

• Like 1