Ford February 2021 Sales Results

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

So here's something we all missed. Apparently Maverick is already in preproduction. They must have edited their original release to take out the production numbers. 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2021/03/04/new-ford-pickup-quietly-begins-rolling-off-mexico-assembly-lines/4580705001/

I can’t wait to see the finished product. I’m sure more pics will leak soon 

On 3/3/2021 at 3:47 PM, akirby said:

Bronco Sport + Escape up roughly 17% YTD over Escape 2020 YTD.

Escape still selling almost 12K even without many hybrids or PHEVs.   So much for "everybody will buy a Bronco Sport, nobody wants an Escape".

You are a bit more optimistic about these numbers than I am. The bronco sport is in limited supply. Many dealers are putting ADM’s on the ones they do have, and it still managed to sell almost 50% of the units the escape did (which has $6500 in incentives in some markets).  On top of that, the escape just had its worst February since 2009. One year in to a new model, you’d think it would be hitting its stride. Obviously covid has hurt sales and we should see an increase with the hybrid and plug-in, but are the other competitors in this segment seeing the same drop in sales? I’d guess the main players aren’t.

The next several months are going to be interesting. I hope we will see some sales increases for the escape since we would be comparing to last year when the pandemic was ramping up and people were losing their jobs. 

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

You are a bit more optimistic about these numbers than I am. The bronco sport is in limited supply. Many dealers are putting ADM’s on the ones they do have, and it still managed to sell almost 50% of the units the escape did (which has $6500 in incentives in some markets).  On top of that, the escape just had its worst February since 2009. One year in to a new model, you’d think it would be hitting its stride. Obviously covid has hurt sales and we should see an increase with the hybrid and plug-in, but are the other competitors in this segment seeing the same drop in sales? I’d guess the main players aren’t.

The next several months are going to be interesting. I hope we will see some sales increases for the escape since we would be comparing to last year when the pandemic was ramping up and people were losing their jobs. 

Im not saying it’s doing great, but a lot of folks think Ford should have killed Escape and only done Bronco Sport which is ridiculous.

I think both could be doing 12k-15k per month, easily, by this time next year.

Edited by akirby
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, akirby said:

Im not saying it’s doing great, but a lot of folks think Ford should have killed Escape and only done Bronco Sport which is ridiculous.

I think both could be doing 12k-15k per year, easily, by this time next year.

I assume you meant 12k-15k per month by this time next year. 

11 hours ago, T-dubz said:

To be sure, 2020 Escape sales must be a dissapointment to Ford along with the huge incentives. Hopefully with $3+ gas coming and all trims available with hybrid now, and fleet sales starting to come back,  2021 should be a better year once supply issues calm down.

On 3/3/2021 at 8:33 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Oakville has only run for maybe 2 weeks since the beginning of January (I'm close, right @Oacjay98?) and inventory is practically nonexistent. A friend of mine wants to replace his expiring edge lease with a new one but can't find anything remotely close to what his current one is and it's not even anything terribly unique as far as options are concerned. I ran into the same issue 2 weeks ago when I got my new car. 

Maybe that’s another reason the sales are down too in regards to the Edge Nautilus. If people can’t even get one with the features they want what incentive do they have to buy and edge. We are back March 8th, we will see for how long I hope we can build up some inventory. Covid, microchips  and now seat foam?! I won’t be surprised if we don’t hear about more and more downtime until they get this resolved 

I wonder how many of the Bronco Sport sales are to actual end users.  Ford is directly reporting the sale of units enrolled in the Courtesy Transportation Program (FCTP) .  Our first FCTP Bronco Sport was reported sold almost 45 days prior to actual dealership receipt.

9 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

To be sure, 2020 Escape sales must be a dissapointment to Ford along with the huge incentives. Hopefully with $3+ gas coming and all trims available with hybrid now, and fleet sales starting to come back,  2021 should be a better year once supply issues calm down.

Chip shortages is really biting Ford and other manufacturers, can't build vehicles without their "brains".

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, WillSD said:

I wonder how many of the Bronco Sport sales are to actual end users.  Ford is directly reporting the sale of units enrolled in the Courtesy Transportation Program (FCTP) .  Our first FCTP Bronco Sport was reported sold almost 45 days prior to actual dealership receipt.

Regardless, the ones they are selling to customers are going super fast.

2 hours ago, WillSD said:

I'm starting to see more and more of them around town.

Ford Motor Company - Plant Production Figures YTD21.png

Here are the production numbers per plant.   Edge/Nautilus had 64/123 produced in January - certainly going to hurt inventory there.

They even list "c-pickup" under Hermosillo production.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pictor said:

They built twice as many bronco sports as Escapes, that tells you something. I have actually seen more Bronco Sports on the road then New Escapes in my Boston neighborhood

LAP supposedly is closing for a month starting next week. Part of reason may be chip shortage, but I think other reason is inventory adjustment and get control of excessive incentives. Gives them a month to sell the rest of 2020 Escapes. Going forward, hopefully they can build more hybrids with $3 gas almost here.

7 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It tells you which plants are getting priority with the chip shortage.... 

MAP, Michigan Truck, Kansas City, Kentucky Truck, Chicago, Hermosillo and maybe even the other plant in Mexico are highest priority as you well know. I knew that even before these figures m.

15 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

MAP, Michigan Truck, Kansas City, Kentucky Truck, Chicago, Hermosillo and maybe even the other plant in Mexico are highest priority as you well know. I knew that even before these figures m.

I'm assuming by Michigan Truck you mean Dearborn. MAP used to be Michigan Truck before Expedition/Navigator moved to Kentucky. 

On 3/6/2021 at 5:24 PM, Oacjay98 said:

Ford CANNOT fuck up the Bronco launch so the microchips will be flowing at MAP lol.

From what I understand, the microprocessor situation should be in better shape by the summertime with supply....but I'm sure they'll bend over backwards to make that right. 

The guy who is my salesman for my Bronco was telling me the other day when I saw him (we are friends also) said the camera situation Ford has is horrible...they have the recall going on and the replacements aren't holding up to abuse in tailgates and whatnot because they aren't automotive spec cameras?

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

From what I understand, the microprocessor situation should be in better shape by the summertime with supply....but I'm sure they'll bend over backwards to make that right. 

The guy who is my salesman for my Bronco was telling me the other day when I saw him (we are friends also) said the camera situation Ford has is horrible...they have the recall going on and the replacements aren't holding up to abuse in tailgates and whatnot because they aren't automotive spec cameras?

LOL WHAT?

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

All I know is Bronco will get rigorous quality checks, they don’t want an explorer launch situation to happen. In regards to the camera I’m lost here but why would ford put shit cameras in their vehicles???