Ford February 2021 Sales Results

6 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

All I know is Bronco will get rigorous quality checks, they don’t want an explorer launch situation to happen. In regards to the camera I’m lost here but why would ford put shit cameras in their vehicles???

They’re cheap bastards that perpetually wonder why bad shit happens to them over and over.....you make your own luck, cutting your way to profit on new vehicles has consequences

Theres also a long history of Ford screwing down supplier prices but not monitoring the quality supplied for the price.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

At the monthly sales recap broadcast, Ford presented a chart showing impact of "chip shortage" & "other factors".

Chip Shortage:  High Impact - F150, Edge, Escape & Ecosport ; with Ecosport being the most impacted.    Minimal Impact - Explorer & Transit.    No Impact - Mustang, Bronco Sport, MachE, Expedition & Super Duty.

Other (Weather, Supplier & Manufacturing):  High Impact - Bronco Sport & MachE.   Minimal Impact - Mustang, Bronco Sport, MachE, Explorer, Expedition, F150  & Super Duty .

To address these concerns, Ford is cutting / deferring rental volume, deferring commercial / government volume & cutting company car orders on high impact lines.

They didn't elaborate much on the "other factors" ; mentioned the freezing weather & snow in the southern US wreaking havoc on the supply chain.  It is a one-way broadcast; we can't submit questions like the town hall meetings.

11 hours ago, jpd80 said:

They’re cheap bastards that perpetually wonder why bad shit happens to them over and over.....you make your own luck, cutting your way to profit on new vehicles has consequences

Theres also a long history of Ford screwing down supplier prices but not monitoring the quality supplied for the price.

That’s true if you go the cheap route most of the time then there is bound to be some quality issues

• Like 1

22 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

From what I understand, the microprocessor situation should be in better shape by the summertime with supply....but I'm sure they'll bend over backwards to make that right. 

The guy who is my salesman for my Bronco was telling me the other day when I saw him (we are friends also) said the camera situation Ford has is horrible...they have the recall going on and the replacements aren't holding up to abuse in tailgates and whatnot because they aren't automotive spec cameras?

Most of the forecasting does indeed point towards the chip shortage improving latter half of the year. 

As for the camera situation-not sure what is required for a recall, but it is possible that the replacement cameras could be worse then the originals?? I’m taking it with a grain of salt, but I could see something like that happening due to everything that is happening. I don’t think Ford could wait 6 months to a year to replace them?

20 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

As for the camera situation-not sure what is required for a recall, but it is possible that the replacement cameras could be worse then the originals?? I’m taking it with a grain of salt, but I could see something like that happening due to everything that is happening. I don’t think Ford could wait 6 months to a year to replace them?

I'm still waiting for back up camera replacement on mine. Dealer says it's on back order and "maybe" end of March. It has been almost 6 months since recall was announced. Good thing though that camera works most of the time. Not sure what the long delay is all about. Guess I've driven most of my life without back up camera.

On 3/5/2021 at 8:05 AM, FordBuyer said:

To be sure, 2020 Escape sales must be a dissapointment to Ford along with the huge incentives. Hopefully with $3+ gas coming and all trims available with hybrid now, and fleet sales starting to come back,  2021 should be a better year once supply issues calm down.

The Escape was designed as a bridge vehicle between two segments-and Ford missed the mark on both.  That's what it is.

• Like 1