Build & Price Lagging

Chrisgb

I'm just curious as to why the 2021 Ranger B&P was so late in coming (the 2021 Escape is still not up). And now that it is up, there are some omissions that are actually available. For example, I have a 2021 Ranger XLSuperCab on order currently, and I have optioned Carpet Flooring and Floor Liners w/o Carpeted mats; neither of which are in the B&P for an XL, but are in the Dealer Order Guide (12/20) as free standing options for an XL. As of this post, my order has been received and hasn't been kicked back for amending, I hope not!

The other thing, is the whole Accessories menu is missing from the B&P: Canoe & bicycle racks, roadside emergency kits etc. It's just weird to me that, while this has been the case, the F-150 B&P was partially up way in advance of the ability to order one. 

1 hour ago, Chrisgb said:

I'm just curious as to why the 2021 Ranger B&P was so late in coming (the 2021 Escape is still not up).

I think excess model year 2020 new vehicle inventory for Ranger and Escape plays a role. Regarding the 2021 Escape Build and Price app, you can access it by removing '2020' from the URL that appears when you use the menu path Ford.com > SUVs and Crossovers > 2020 Escape > Build & Price.

Original URL. https://shop.ford.com/build/escape/2020/?intcmp=show-bp#/chooseyourpath/ (this shows 2020 Escape)

Updated URL. https://shop.ford.com/build/escape/#/chooseyourpath/ (this shows 2021 Escape)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

I think excess model year 2020 new vehicle inventory for Ranger and Escape plays a role

Makes sense for the Escape, but I still don't understand why they don't show carpet, floor liners, & accessories for Ranger XL, but all that stuff is available, If you know how to look through BOF!

grin.jpg.8d5d5f31e9b036743a37fec674b91ed7.jpg

• 1 month later...