Larger screen for 2022 Super Duty

6 hours ago, rmc523 said:

2022_Ford Super Duty_Lariat Tremor_01

2022_Ford Super Duty_Limited_05

I'm surprised it didn't just get the new F-150's interior, but they could be saving that for a redesign.

I wonder when Super Duty is scheduled for a "full" redesign a la '21 F-150?

I too am surprised it didn’t get the full F150 interior, however they did a nice job of integrating the screen in the old interior though.  I can’t really tell if they changed the seats at all, but I would guess they are the same.

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Didn't just get a complete make over like 2-3 years ago when it got the F-150 cab?

The SD doesn't change as much as the F-150 does. 

The Superduty got a full redesign for 2017, and a mid cycle in 2020.  I think it is kind of weird they are doing it this way so there must be a reason for it.  It could be a bridge to another full redesign in 2024.  

The truck market in general has gotten a lot more competitive IMO.  I don’t think they can let the Superduty carry on as long as it did last time.  Time will tell.  

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Didn't just get a complete make over like 2-3 years ago when it got the F-150 cab?

The SD doesn't change as much as the F-150 does. 

For 2017.  With a refresh for 2020, which would put

The previous was 2011 to 2016, 5 years, though I guess it used a lightly refreshed version of the '08 interior.

9 hours ago, tbone said:

I think it is kind of weird they are doing it this way so there must be a reason for it.  It could be a bridge to another full redesign in 2024.  

Just a thought - maybe they need sync 4 for their new commercial services.

35 minutes ago, akirby said:

Just a thought - maybe they need sync 4 for their new commercial services.

Very well could be, but I would say most of the commercial fleets are XLs or if they are lucky XLTs, which didn't get Sync 4.  I would expect owners and/or executives, on the other hand, likely will be in the upper trims and could be test subjects in some way. 

5 minutes ago, tbone said:

Very well could be, but I would say most of the commercial fleets are XLs or if they are lucky XLTs, which didn't get Sync 4.  I would expect owners and/or executives, on the other hand, likely will be in the upper trims and could be test subjects in some way. 

I was thinking they were debuting it now only on the higher trims and would offer it on fleet models when they actually launch the services.   I admit it's just a guess at this point.

• Like 1

Love the screen integration. Also LOVE that the Black Appearance Package is trickling down to the XLT as that’s the level our family focuses on. Been eyeing a black Tremor but the chrome was a no go and Lariat out of the price range. 2022... XLT... Tremor... all blacked out... I’m in. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 10:55 PM, ExplorerDude said:

Super Duty gets an “F-150” type of makeover for the 2023MY.

This 2022MY update is to keep the Super Duty competitive with the other heavy duty trucks.

Exactly.

On 3/10/2021 at 11:50 PM, tbone said:

Where did you see this info?

This is everywhere, when you reference "Ford P708" and has been for years now. It's not really new info, so I myself have been surprised at how a lot of folks are oblivious to this?

It's coming around November of 2022 I hear. Anyone else hear different? 2022MY update was way more hush-hush than the new truck for 2023. We should see mules running around and then the real deal hopefully.

On 3/13/2021 at 6:12 AM, zgxtreme said:

Love the screen integration. Also LOVE that the Black Appearance Package is trickling down to the XLT as that’s the level our family focuses on. Been eyeing a black Tremor but the chrome was a no go and Lariat out of the price range. 2022... XLT... Tremor... all blacked out... I’m in. 

Yes, agreed. Nice to see that option available on the more affordable trims. 

5 hours ago, zgxtreme said:

Not seeing the Black Appearance Package on the Order Guide for the XLT. Bad info from the media releases or an error on the guide? It still just shows the “Lariat Black Appearance Package”.

It's not available on the XLT until Fall 2021.

• Like 1