2021 expedition missing engine cover

vipersinu2

Why no engine cover on the 2021 models?

Did someone forget to add that sku in the build process to add an engine cover?

Or cant get it from china?

You can see the intake has the tabs to accept the foam cover.

One would think without that cover, that fuel pump would be really loud. plus looking ugly without that cover to trim off the engine look!

It looks like a mistake to me off the assembly line.

Any ideas?

Screenshot_20210308-215228_Chrome.jpg

58 minutes ago, akirby said:

Cost cutting.  They did it on a lot of vehicles the last couple of years.

And I’m pretty sure the fuel pump is in the tank.

Do you know for sure it cost cutting measure?

Or are u speculating?

There is a high pressure direct infection fuel up on the driver side intake. Noisy as heck.

Look it up.

9 hours ago, vipersinu2 said:

Or are u speculating?

There is a high pressure direct infection fuel up on the driver side intake. Noisy as heck.

Look it up.

I see now - did not know there was an additional pump.  I thought it was just the injectors that were noisy.

No official confirmation from Ford on cost cutting but I can’t imagine any other reason.

10 hours ago, vipersinu2 said:

Or are u speculating?

Look it up.

Since you don't want to hear that it's a cost-cutting measure, have you found other 21's, the same trim level as yours, with the cover installed?  Looking up on the parts sites, they only list for 2018-2020.

https://www.bluespringsfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-engine-cover-jl1z6a949a?c=Zz1lbmdpbmUmcz1lbmdpbmUtYXBwZWFyYW5jZS1jb3ZlciZsPTEmbj1Bc3NlbWJsaWVzIFBhZ2UmYT1mb3JkJm89ZXhwZWRpdGlvbiZ5PTIwMjAmdD14bHQmZT0zLTVsLXY2LWdhcw%3D%3D

HRG

On 3/9/2021 at 9:23 AM, HotRunrGuy said:

Since you don't want to hear that it's a cost-cutting measure, have you found other 21's, the same trim level as yours, with the cover installed?  Looking up on the parts sites, they only list for 2018-2020.

https://www.bluespringsfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-engine-cover-jl1z6a949a?c=Zz1lbmdpbmUmcz1lbmdpbmUtYXBwZWFyYW5jZS1jb3ZlciZsPTEmbj1Bc3NlbWJsaWVzIFBhZ2UmYT1mb3JkJm89ZXhwZWRpdGlvbiZ5PTIwMjAmdD14bHQmZT0zLTVsLXY2LWdhcw%3D%3D

HRG

Makeyouloco 2021 f150 has the engine cover.

I am saying some pencil pusher messed up the sku for engine cover on the assembly line.

The dam tabs are on your intake to attach the foam cover.

See makeyouloco new 2021 f150 truck

Screenshot_20210310-213117_YouTube.jpg

8 hours ago, vipersinu2 said:
Makeyouloco 2021 f150 has the engine cover.

I am saying some pencil pusher messed up the sku for engine cover on the assembly line.

The dam tabs are on your intake to attach the foam cover.

See makeyouloco new 2021 f150 truck

Screenshot_20210310-213117_YouTube.jpg

They do stuff like that sometimes. My new fusion should logically have an engine cover like most other 2.0 engines but it doesn't and yes, it is a cost cutting measure. They did the same thing with the 2.3 in the Mustang a couple of years ago. 

8 hours ago, vipersinu2 said:

If the f150 3.5 has a cover.

The expedition 3.5 should have a cover. 

Expedition is also due for a refresh next year so they'll strip away anything they can that's not absolutely essential (like an engine cover) to get as much as they can out of it in its last year. Not saying it's right but it is what it is. Not everyone does it but the big 3 are notorious for it. 

10 hours ago, vipersinu2 said:

If the f150 3.5 has a cover.

The expedition 3.5 should have a cover. In my opinion Ford messed up, along with the seven thousand f150 sitting for inspection.

There is no rhyme or reason as to which ones get it or don't get it.   It's something that 99% of buyers don't know or care about.   It's frustrating for those that do but it's nothing to get that upset about - if it means that much to you go buy a 2020 cover or get your dealer to throw it in.

Also please watch the language.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...