Ford benchmarking last gen Escalade for 2022 Navigator

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fordauthority.com/2021/03/2022-lincoln-navigator-spied-testing-alongside-last-gen-cadillac-escalade/amp/

Why would ford be benchmarking the last gen escalade for the refresh?  Are they testing with other vehicles?  I hope they are benchmarking the Germans.  Honestly, they should use the aviator as a benchmarking for the nav as the aviator os lauded for its comfort on road.

10 hours ago, Dlcorbett said:

Honestly, they should use the aviator as a benchmarking for the nav as the aviator os lauded for its comfort on road

Agreed, let Cadillac chase the Germans....and fail.  I am in favour of a quiet, smooth and relaxing environment durring my drives.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 92merc said:

Well, in the last review I saw of large utilities, the Navigator and Escalade beat both the German BMW and Mercedes. 

True, but that was one of a few where it hasn't, and that's mainly due to ride and handling characteristics of the nav, where the "benchmarking" is mainly used.  The last gen escalade was far from the best in on road comfort, so Im Guessing it's for something else.