2022 Ford Maverick Pickup thread

Lavien

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Im not advocating for longer Maverick beds.  I think 4 ft is right for what it is.  If you need longer you get a Ranger.

Right and what I said was that offering a choice of bed lengths  doesn't necessarily lead to more sales.

55 minutes ago, justins said:

Or if Dearborn had have pulled its head out of its arse and realised it had something in Falcon / Territory that, with some investment could easily have easily been a global product... 

Very briefly on this, Mulally's intent was to cut vehicle platforms to a minimum, close four plants while 

repurposing D3 vehicles and other utilities to cover the loss of, BOF panther, BOF Explorer & Sport Track and Ranger.

The recurring savings from that were massive, plant and personnel reform on a grand scale.

15 hours ago, T-dubz said:

2022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-1-jpg.202022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-2-jpg.202022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-7-jpg.212022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-16-jpg.22022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-8-jpg.21

if you squint your eyes, the front kinda looks like an old Colorado.

2012_chevrolet_colorado_regular-cab-pick

I’m a bit worried that the bed is going to look a bit too much like the first gen ridgeline. Besides that it looks pretty good. Do you think that is the finalized rear bumper? Looks a bit like an after thought. Where will the license plate go? Hopefully if that is the final version, it gets body colored instead of black plastic.

1st gen Ridgeline?  Doesn't look anything like it.

I do think the headlights look a bit large and the grille too small, but perhaps once it's fully revealed it'll look better.

10 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Why are you guys so upset over black, plastic bumper? Rear bumpers take a lot of abuse, especially with loading and unloading. A color coded bumper would be all scratched up and look terrible after a few years. Even worse than a rusty rear differential.

My Escape has a black, plastic bumper and hard to notice any scratches from loading and unloading bikes and bags of mulch. My Crosstrek had the pretty Quartz Blue bumper and any scratch was very noticeable.

I have noticed the new RAV 4 has not only a plastic rear bumper, but also the lower third of the tailgate is black plastic also. 

I'm not big on it on the Escape either.

I think the issue lies more in the bumper corners being the black plastic as well.

8 hours ago, T-dubz said:

regardless, it looks 1000x better than this

3.jpg?height=400

To be fair, that's the "HPD" package I think it stands for Honda Performance Division or something.  The regular models don't have that wheel cladding:

2022 Honda Ridgeline Prices, Reviews, and Pictures | Edmunds

6 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Asian automakers have all been making a lot of questionable design decisions in recent years 

Only in recent years?  Haha.e

• Haha 1

I really don't like the face. The rest looks pretty good, but man I'm just not getting there on the way the grille, headlights, and bar fit together. The old Ranger sketch that introduced this design direction I could take or leave, but the way these prototypes look actively bugs me. Hoping the final look has some of that "well it all works together" magic.

• Like 4

On 3/12/2021 at 3:23 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's company policy. Whenever you’re on company property you must wear a mask, even when outdoors. Company cars count. Seems kind of extreme, especially when I'm leaving for the day and there's literally nobody else around but thems the rules. 

Literal insanity.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Kinda bummed it doesn't have the traditional pickup step-down in the center of the rear bumper.  I wonder if that is for a specific reason? (available swing sideways tailgate, etc...)

I mean, I'd imagine the bumper is so low already there's no point in having an even lower point in it.  The hitch might be too low at that point as well.

6 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Watching from Australia, it's surreal to see Americans still  struggling  with covid,

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you all get to enjoy the 4th of July this year.

God bless all.

Depends on where you are and what you consider struggling.  Some places never really shut down, which kept the numbers up, but folks enjoyed the freedom to go to Disney world.  They just took their lumps and went on.  Now that a large percentage of the older and most vulnerable population has been vaccinated, things are opening up and the death and hospitalization rates are staying down.  Easter will be the first test.  If all goes well, I can see Mother’s Day and Memorial Day weekend being pretty close to normal.

• Like 5

Ford Authority has a few images of the Maverick beside a current generation Mustang, showing a good comparison on length. Based upon the length of the current Mustang (189 inches), it looks to be less than 200 inches overall for the Maverick. A good length I think.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/03/2022-ford-maverick-prototype-spied-next-to-ford-mustang-shows-its-size/

image.png.81d78451faddc64f2088eb72f71083fa.png

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, valve said:

Ford Authority has a few images of the Maverick beside a current generation Mustang, showing a good comparison on length. Based upon the length of the current Mustang (189 inches), it looks to be less than 200 inches overall for the Maverick. A good length I think.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/03/2022-ford-maverick-prototype-spied-next-to-ford-mustang-shows-its-size/

So when is Ford going to show the new Maverick formally to the public? Sounds like Job 1 is only months away. The Bronco went public a year ago and still waiting for Job 1. Why the big delay? Parts shortages? I know there is a delay on some Bronco Sport option packages. 

24 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

So when is Ford going to show the new Maverick formally to the public? Sounds like Job 1 is only months away. The Bronco went public a year ago and still waiting for Job 1. Why the big delay? Parts shortages? I know there is a delay on some Bronco Sport option packages. 

Last I read it was something to do with the roofs.  The supplier had problems (I believe Covid-related).

1 hour ago, valve said:

This jives with our speculation on the other thread on size. 195"~200" was my guess. 

BTW, masterful job by Ford PR to orchestrate this photo. These guys are on fire lately. 

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 3