2022 Ford Maverick Pickup thread

Lavien

7 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

So when is Ford going to show the new Maverick formally to the public? Sounds like Job 1 is only months away. The Bronco went public a year ago and still waiting for Job 1. Why the big delay? Parts shortages? I know there is a delay on some Bronco Sport option packages. 

I'd have to imagine soon.

6 hours ago, probowler said:

Maybe they want to debut it at an actual auto show, with real people and a real truck?

I doubt it.

I guess that is a different trim.

One thing I was wondering about...would it be possible to put some sort of bed storage in the Maverick? I wonder if thats part of the reason why they have all the camo for the bed, unless its coming standard with a cap. 

13 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

One thing I was wondering about...would it be possible to put some sort of bed storage in the Maverick? I wonder if thats part of the reason why they have all the camo for the bed, unless its coming standard with a cap. 

Good question. I wonder if there’s something cool in the bed they are trying to hide?

49 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Ha, I honestly didn't notice the bed cap until now.

Well, we can see the spare tire (looks like a full size too) peeking through the rear bumper/trailer hitch, so it won't be like Ridgeline in that respect where the space-saver spare is IN the bed compartment.  That fact makes me think it might be unlikely we see a compartment back there, as I just don't see there being enough room.  I put a red line on the tire and put the same line on the spare, and that takes it roughly to what would be the height for bed underframe and the bed floor would be above that.

The bed cover also doesn't look like it fits well enough to be a feature.   They could be hiding a milder version of the pro power setup from F-150, especially if some of these are hybrids.

Maybe there's some sort of neat bed system to somehow increase bed capacity (other than the standard flip out extender) that they don't want revealed until the whole truck is shown?

image.thumb.png.bf77f978d5cc38067797d59dff9e5ed9.png

New 2017 Honda Ridgeline Truck Review of Specs / Features & Pictures /  Videos | Honda ridgeline, Honda truck, Truck bed storage

14 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Compare to the truck on first page... Painted mirror caps and different grille. Can't tell if the headlights are different. 

XLT vs. XL I suppose...

BTW, Maverick has the same mirror as Bronco Sport.

2022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-1-jpg.20

Edited by bzcat

14 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

For sure they don't want us to have a clear look at the bed but if you refer back to the body in white photo posted before, there is a recess for some type of rail on the top edge of the bed. It is probably similar to the Sporttrac bed storage cover.

2022-ford-maverick-body-in-white-lead-jp

1024px-2002_Ford_Explorer_Sport_Trac_rea

1024px-2009_Ford_Explorer_Sport_Trac_Adr

1024px-Washauto_ford_sport_trac.jpg

Edited by bzcat

So back several months ago there were rumors of a Bronco truck variant. Most people assumed it would be based on the "big" Bronco and use a Ranger frame, etc. What are the odds that the Maverick is what really sparked those rumors since it seems to be basically a Bronco Sport based truck?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, barney9014 said:

There could be a round headlight version of this pickup.  

41 minutes ago, blksn8k2 said:

So back several months ago there were rumors of a Bronco truck variant. Most people assumed it would be based on the "big" Bronco and use a Ranger frame, etc. What are the odds that the Maverick is what really sparked those rumors since it seems to be basically a Bronco Sport based truck?

I think it possible.  

4 hours ago, bzcat said:

Compare to the truck on first page... Painted mirror caps and different grille. Can't tell if the headlights are different. 

XLT vs. XL I suppose...

BTW, Maverick has the same mirror as Bronco Sport.

2022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-1-jpg.20

I think one of the headlights has DRL’s and the other doesn’t.

2 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

No the word I heard going back 3 years ago stated Gladiator fighter based on the mid-size Bronco. 

3 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

its not really on the Bronco Sport though....its on the Transit Connect, which has an internal ladder frame also I believe, but might be mixing that up with the Transit

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

its not really on the Bronco Sport though....its on the Transit Connect, which has an internal ladder frame also I believe, but might be mixing that up with the Transit

No that’s Transit and Transit Custom you’re thinking of 

The new Transit Connect is on C2 but a different version 

that uses a beam axle in the rear

8 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

Nope, different things.

8 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Nope, different things.

I hope you're right because a true Bronco based pickup would be something I would be interested in. The next gen Ranger might be too but something tells me Ford just doesn't want to make the Ranger that good. A feature packed Bronco truck could be sold for a higher premium and would be less likely to pirate F-150 sales.

5 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

I hope you're right because a true Bronco based pickup would be something I would be interested in. The next gen Ranger might be too but something tells me Ford just doesn't want to make the Ranger that good. A feature packed Bronco truck could be sold for a higher premium and would be less likely to pirate F-150 sales.

Based on mules thus far, it looks like it's getting plenty of attention.