2022 Ford Maverick Pickup thread

Lavien

Not a big surprise but the basic shape of the unclad front fenders looks very similar to the Bronco Sport. Hard to tell from these latest photos but the junction of the hood and fenders looks different. The hood on the Sport rolls over the tops of the fenders. The photos of the clad versions seem to show something completely different but that could just be some imaginative use of the cladding tape. 

Edited by blksn8k2

19 hours ago, Broncofan7 said:

As was mentioned in the video, this is a unibody, similar to the Ridgeline. For all those haters who don't consider the Ridgeline to be a "truck", will be interesting to see if the Maverick gets a pass, due to the blue oval on the grill?

HRG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HotRunrGuy said:

As was mentioned in the video, this is a unibody, similar to the Ridgeline. For all those haters who don't consider the Ridgeline to be a "truck", will be interesting to see if the Maverick gets a pass, due to the blue oval on the grill?

HRG

Im not sure how Ridgeline is marketed(and quite frankly I really don't care) but I really don't think Ford will market this to traditional truck buyers. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Assume this is  the only version?  No Super Cab and heaven forbid, no "conventional" cab- how  about that? forgot what you call  a 50's,  60's pickup where you pull the set back forward and shove your hammer, square, etc in back of  it.?

Should have added, in any case looks good.  I  would think this  will sell a ton-assuming the right pricing.  

48 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Im not sure how Ridgeline is marketed(and quite frankly I really don't care) but I really don't think Ford will market this to traditional truck buyers. 

At least they seem to have resisted the temptation to name it Ranger "Sport"  !

HRG

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

The gas cap door is at the same location as Escape. Also a good indication of the height of this truck... generally speaking, the gas cap doors on all vehicles are roughly the same height off the ground give or take an inch. The gas cap door is pretty high up in the bed - look like only an inch below the top of the bed, which means the stock ride height is going to be quite low relative to Ranger. The gas cap door on the Ranger is about 4" lower from the top of  the bed. 

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bzcat said:

... generally speaking, the gas cap doors on all vehicles are roughly the same height off the ground give or take an inch. 

I assume this excludes cars.  The gas cap door on my Mustang is noticeably lower than the gas cap door on our Edge. 

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Still not in love with the full black plastic rear bumper, but it looks good for what its.

If it is actually priced at 20k or so, a quick trip to the body shop to have them painted isn’t out of the question.  Higher level trims, or late intro appearance packages may paint or plastic-chrome them.

Just a quick thought..........just because someone was filming doesn't mean it's for a commercial. What if the filming is to be shown at the debut of the truck?  The filming can be showing it's a truck that can be used for more than a truck purposes. Quick trips to the store, hauling sporting equipment for the kids sports games etc....

7 minutes ago, K270 said:

Just a quick thought..........just because someone was filming doesn't mean it's for a commercial. What if the filming is to be shown at the debut of the truck?  The filming can be showing it's a truck that can be used for more than a truck purposes. Quick trips to the store, hauling sporting equipment for the kids sports games etc....

It's possible.  Either way, it means a debut is coming sooner than later.

22 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

HRG

Well, since Ford has previously sold uni-body trucks before (60's Falcon and early 70's Fairlane based Ranchero comes to mind) I think Ford just may get that "pass" that you speak of.

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

HRG

There's two big difference though,

1. Maverick is a Compact pickup while Ridgeline is mid sized.

2. Maverick starting price is around $20k, Ridgeline starts above $37k.

The expectations of the respective buyer groups are vastly different.

• Like 2