2022 Ford Maverick Pickup thread

Lavien

6 hours ago, twintornados said:

Like @pffan1990 stated earlier, do not forget a company like Terminix....at one point, they used nothing but the last gen Ranger for their service vehicles.

Yeah it was Terminix as well as Orkin and other small local pesticide companies that used the older Rangers. Also auto parts store like NAPA still use a few for delivery here.

Wow! I like what I see with the leaked photo. There are already articles published about it too with some preview videos with actress Gabrielle Union.

If you zoom in enough, you can make out the badge on the left. Pretty sure it says hybrid? ?️‍♂️

Edit: confirmed... The Drive pull a still frame from the video and it clearly says hybrid: https://www.thedrive.com/news/40910/teaser-shows-2022-ford-maverick-compact-pickup-will-have-hybrid-version

screen-shot-2021-06-03-at-9-10-35-am-1622729872.jpg

Same badge on Escape hybrid

1695898728_Screenshot2021-06-03123828.thumb.png.5147bb484c07b15ae6ac318ccaf1bbc4.png

Here is the same badge on Explorer hybrid...

Ford-Explorer-2021-18.jpg

Edited by bzcat

34 minutes ago, bzcat said:

If you zoom in enough, you can make out the badge on the left. Pretty sure it says hybrid? ?️‍♂️

1695898728_Screenshot2021-06-03123828.thumb.png.5147bb484c07b15ae6ac318ccaf1bbc4.png

Another hybrid...that's good. I imagine it will come with 2.5L 4 cyl. giving customer another engine choice plus superior fuel mileage and less emissions. I would think a hybrid will eventually come to BS too, albeit more power than fuel mileage like Explorer.

• Like 1

This is what we know so far based on various PR photos that were released last night:

1. At least two trim levels: XLT and Lariat. Although seems like XL is also a sure thing because we've seen the basic prototype with unpainted bumpers and steel wheels running around.

2. FWD and AWD will have different rear suspension (based on previous spy photos). And now we know there will be FX4 package too.

3. At least two different drivetrain: ICE of unknown size and hybrid (likely the same 2.5 I4 from Escape)

4. Unique interior, not shared with Escape or Bronco Sport

5. Leather and saddle/brown interior color option on Lariat

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

There have been a lot of good examples included in the discussion here of potential fleet and commercial applications for the Maverick. Ford may not like selling vehicles at the entry level or lower end of the price spectrum but price is a driving force for fleet sales. Even if there's minimal fleet incentives for the Maverick, the substantially lower price point compared to Ranger will make it attractive for many fleet and commercial applications that need only a low cost, basic vehicle to meet their needs. 

We'll know better when Ford releases the 2022MY Maverick Order Guide.  

Another thing to consider too - Ford might be able to offer Maverick at a cheaper price, and then possibly tack on some of their "Ford Pro" (or whatever branding it gets now) commercial telematics/tracking system for monthly charges.

5 hours ago, T-dubz said:

So is that a 10” screen or an 8” with a storage compartment right next to it? Here is an older spy shot that shows it a bit clearer. I wonder if the cheaper models get 8” with storage and higher trims can get the 10”?fordmaverick-interior-g04-kgp-jpg.61

Looks like the corporate 8" to me.

14 hours ago, ice-capades said:

There have been a lot of good examples included in the discussion here of potential fleet and commercial applications for the Maverick. Ford may not like selling vehicles at the entry level or lower end of the price spectrum but price is a driving force for fleet sales. Even if there's minimal fleet incentives for the Maverick, the substantially lower price point compared to Ranger will make it attractive for many fleet and commercial applications that need only a low cost, basic vehicle to meet their needs. 

We'll know better when Ford releases the 2022MY Maverick Order Guide.  

Taking pressure off of low price Rangers might be exactly what they are trying to do.  Free up some allocation for additional high trim rangers and Broncos.

1 hour ago, slemke said:

Taking pressure off of low price Rangers might be exactly what they are trying to do.  Free up some allocation for additional high trim rangers and Broncos.

I'd imagine Ranger's base price will likely creep up a bit with the next gen as well.

4 hours ago, slemke said:

Ford is not interested in low price Rangers, they mostly build crew cabs that are 4x4

so I think the field is wide open for Maverick to slide in under Ranger and be more profitable.

Edited by jpd80

22 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Ford is not interested in low price Rangers, they mostly build crew cabs that are 4x4

so I think the field is wide open for Maverick to slide in under Ranger and be more profitable.

This article/photos may disagree with your statement.  Although, I assume regular cab Rangers will be built specifically for fleet contracts.  
https://www.carscoops.com/2021/06/ford-caught-testing-worksite-special-single-cab-version-of-2023-ranger/

6 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

This article/photos may disagree with your statement.  Although, I assume regular cab Rangers will be built specifically for fleet contracts.  
https://www.carscoops.com/2021/06/ford-caught-testing-worksite-special-single-cab-version-of-2023-ranger/

Just because it's left-hand drive doesn't necessarily mean it's for North America. 

12 hours ago, slemke said:

I've said that before about Ranger/F150 and Escape/Bronco Sport.   It can make a big difference in the bottom line.

• Like 1

Borg is saying this.

Some updated info, looks like 2.0L EB and 2.5L Hybrid are the only engines. The Hybrid is FWD only. Not sure which engine is standard at this point.

Though the other day he was saying the 1.5 would be available too, so who knows what options there are.

If 2.0 EB and 2.5 hybrid are the only engine choices then this thing is not starting near $20k... The cheapest Escape with 2.0 EB is SEL AWD which starts at $33k. And the cheapest Escape hybrid is SE FWD which starts at $28k.

Let say Maverick is $1k cheaper than Escape comparably equipped so XLT Hybrid FWD is $27k... And a minimally equipped XL maybe $25k?

As I pointed out a couple of pages back, Ranger crew cab starts at $27k... That's not enough daylight between $25k and $27k.

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

True, but it does mean that Ford is building a left-hand drive regular cab Ranger for fleet use. 

Yes, but that's not new. T6 Ranger has been available with regular cab continuously since launch. And the previous two generations of Asian/European Ranger had regular cab too.

24 minutes ago, bzcat said:

If 2.0 EB and 2.5 hybrid are the only engine choices then this thing is not starting near $20k... The cheapest Escape with 2.0 EB is SEL AWD which starts at $33k. And the cheapest Escape hybrid is SE FWD which starts at $28k.

Let say Maverick is $1k cheaper than Escape comparably equipped so XLT Hybrid FWD is $27k... And a minimally equipped XL maybe $25k?

As I pointed out a couple of pages back, Ranger crew cab starts at $27k... That's not enough daylight between $25k and $27k.

When you compare apples to apples, I don’t think that the price difference between Maverick and Ranger will be more than about $3K.

Sorry, I just don’t see Ford being interested in $20K price leader.

your original thought regarding Maverick prices aligning with Escape is probably not far from the truth.

21 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

True, but it does mean that Ford is building a left-hand drive regular cab Ranger for fleet use. 

As bzcat mentioned there's currently one for sale elsewhere in the world. I have my suspicions why they opted to not bring it here from a manufacturing standpoint but the obvious one is they knew the Ranger we got was only a bridge to get to Bronco before NG Ranger gets here so there wasn't much point in doing it here for such a small ROI. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

As bzcat mentioned there's currently one for sale elsewhere in the world. I have my suspicions why they opted to not bring it here from a manufacturing standpoint but the obvious one is they knew the Ranger we got was only a bridge to get to Bronco before NG Ranger gets here so there wasn't much point in doing it here for such a small ROI. 

Exactly and just like full sized pickups, the market has moved from regular cab to crew cab.

The RC Ranger snapped is one of a group doing final reliability trials on the global version

which arrives before the US version.

Either that’s padding on Those outer panels or Ranger proportions are being filled out......

Edited by jpd80

On 6/3/2021 at 3:18 PM, bzcat said:

Edit: confirmed... The Drive pull a still frame from the video and it clearly says hybrid: https://www.thedrive.com/news/40910/teaser-shows-2022-ford-maverick-compact-pickup-will-have-hybrid-version

I can confirm 100% that I personally have had my hands on a P758 hybrid battery... many times. So yes it is true.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Xbar said:

I can confirm 100% that I personally have had my hands on a P758 hybrid battery... many times. So yes it is true.

It would make sense that Hermosillo built product (Bronco Sport, Maverick and Transit Connect) would

all have similar engines and drives, the 2.0 EB and 2.5 Hybrid spring to mind, maybe that’s enough for buyers.

• Like 1