2022 Ford Maverick Pickup thread

Lavien

2022 Maverick Order Guide

Typical lack of attention to detail and just plain stupidity at Ford...

The Maverick Order Guide file didn't have the Model Year designation which I added...

and once you open the file... nowhere will you see the Maverick name!

The order guide header on each page says... 2022 P758!

Note: The order guide is full of errors and typo's... but interesting that the XLT Luxury Package (54L) includes a new Sprain-in Bedliner!

2022 Maverick Order Guide.pdf

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

2022 Maverick Order Guide

Typical lack of attention to detail and just plain stupidity at Ford...

The Maverick Order Guide file didn't have the Model Year designation which I added...

and once you open the file... nowhere will you see the Maverick name!

The order guide header on each page says... 2022 P758!

2022 Maverick Order Guide.pdf

They also list a 10 speed automatic in one place and say it is an 8 speed in another.

I hope the "cloth" seats are cloth and not the crap nylon like stuff in recent Fords.  My wife 2001 Taurus wagon and 2005 Freestar had great cloth seats that still looked like new after 200,000 miles.  the nylon like materials in my 2013 compnaies escape sucks. get a drop of water and it looks like a permanent stain, and you have to clean entire seat to get it gone.  .  

• silvrsvt changed the title to 2022 Ford Maverick Pickup thread
1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I get why it's not going to happen but I really wish you could delete copilot 360. I would pay extra to do so. 

Pretty sure we can thank Govt. mandated safety equipment for this.  It’s stuff many people want anyway, and at under 20k is one heck of a deal.  Like those old Mazda b2000 trucks for $5k or early 90s Rangers.  I can see this being real popular with first time buyers and will make folks forget all about the Focus and it’s dct transmission woes.

• Like 2

I'm impressed!  I think I know what my son(s) first vehicles are going to be!

I agree on the weirdness of the frontend / headlights, but I also know in person it will most likely look just fine.  They are going to sell all of them!

13 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Yet another bit of Ford's story we should appreciate Jim Hackett for. 

I think alot of people don't understand what he was doing with his time with Ford...he was never meant to be "face" of the company (which was bore out by Wall Street's reaction to him), but he was trying to fix the boring stuff behind the scenes that investors and the general public don't care about (and where broken once Muallay left) and he took all the bad news Ford was having (and if  you where following knew was going to happen) and left the company in a better position.

Farley is a far better "face" to investors and hopefully he keeps the processes in place and doesn't allow the fiefdoms to come back. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

I agree on the weirdness of the frontend / headlights, but I also know in person it will most likely look just fine.  They are going to sell all of them!

They still are kinda weird, they are almost too big for the front of the vehicle. They ones with camo actually look better. I think the design idea was to make them big to give it a chunky look but it’s slightly off. 

Seems to be a good value and should sell well for the light trades people. Seems to be missing some the latest tech though, no wireless CarPlay/Android Auto seems to be bad for a 2022 MY vehicle that’s aimed as a lifestyle vehicle for Gen Z. 

Edited by jasonj80
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

They still are kinda weird, they are almost too big for the front of the vehicle. They ones with camp actually look better. I think the design idea was to make them big to give it a chunky look but it’s slightly off. 

Seems to be a good value and should sell well for the light trades people. Seems to be missing some the latest tech though, no wireless CarPlay/Android Auto seems to be bad for a 2022 MY vehicle that’s aimed as a lifestyle vehicle for Gen Z. 

And no Adaptive Cruise or Navigation available from what I've seen. 

Despite some of the valid complaints in this thread this product certainly looks like a winner! It's only the first year  and this little truck can only get better.  If this had a bow tie or an Asian badge on the front of it everybody would be saying why can't Ford be innovative like that?  Kudos to everyone at Ford involved in making this product reality.

• Like 6