2022 Ford Maverick Pickup thread

Lavien

Also, How come you can get heated steering wheel, and heated wiper park on the cheapest Ford in mid trim lines. (Eco sport, Maverick) Yet on more expensive vehicles you have to get top of the line, usually with the top package. (Bronco, Bronco Sport, F-series, Expedition, Escape) and most have eliminated the heated wiper park it’s Very weird packaging. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

And no Adaptive Cruise or Navigation available from what I've seen. 

Thats in the Lariat Lux package ACC w/Stop and Go, no Factory Nav is listed though nor is an auto dimming interior mirror. The base hybrid is a good value but higher trims are lacking many features the Santa Cruz has. 

Edited by jasonj80
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Thats in the Lariat Lux package ACC w/Stop and Go, no Factory Nav is listed though nor is an auto dimming interior mirror. The base hybrid is a good value but higher trims are lacking many features the Santa Cruz has. 

With FordPass connect it should support connected Navigation at some point (if not at launch).  Otherwise you have Carplay/AA.  This might be the beginning of the end for build in navigation at least on lower priced vehicles.

Also this is a preliminary order guide and might have some mistakes/omissions.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Impressed. They will sell a ton of these. I fully expect them to add the AWD to the hybrid in a year or two. This just made the Santa Cruz DOA. 

Don't get carried away about the Cruz being DOA. The Cruz is geared towards a different buyer and has many things the Maverick does not have. Both of these vehicles will do well and be limited by plant capacity....IMO. 

Just noticed that there aren’t any fog lights available. Adding fogs and shrinking the headlights would help the front. Besides that, my only other nitpicks are the black bumpers, the off-centered touchscreen (I thought they made it like that because there was going to be a larger screen available and then it would have made sense, but there isn’t), and sync 3.

Besides that, there’s a lot to like. The price, the mpg, the interior. I wish Ford would combine all 3 vehicles into one and then I’d have my perfect vehicle. Size of the escape, style and off road ability of bronco sport, interior and engine options of maverick.

33 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Thanks... the ACC is spelled out as Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop & Go on the Packaged Options page. 

4 minutes ago, kyle said:

Don't get carried away about the Cruz being DOA. The Cruz is geared towards a different buyer and has many things the Maverick does not have. Both of these vehicles will do well and be limited by plant capacity....IMO. 

Yes and no. Ford is offering more of an entry to upper mid level type truck.  Santa Cruz looks to be more Suburu take on the truck with a higher price, and similar capability (it tows more and will have a bit more power). Really though, how much market is left in the middle before you start encroaching on the Ridgeline? 

Other than wireless Carplay (off the top of my head), what features does the Santa Cruz have that the Maverick won't?

14 minutes ago, akirby said:

With FordPass connect it should support connected Navigation at some point (if not at launch).  Otherwise you have Carplay/AA.  This might be the beginning of the end for build in navigation at least on lower priced vehicles.

Also this is a preliminary order guide and might have some mistakes/omissions.

I've always preferred using the factory Navigation but know that a lot of other drivers prefer using other systems like CarPlay, etc. 

There should never be a "preliminary" order guide for any vehicle and never has in the past. For a vehicle that's expected to go into production soon, the order specifications and option configurations should certainly have been set by now. I've never seen such a mess of an order guide and whoever was responsible should be held accountable. It doesn't even identify it as the 2022 Maverick Order Guide and is full of typographical errors, conflicting information and more. It's not like there wasn't time to review it and make corrections before it was released. Thee have been plenty of order guides for other vehicles that were released late but were correct when released.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

There should never be a "preliminary" order guide for any vehicle and never has in the past. For a vehicle that's expected to go into production soon, the order specifications and option configurations should certainly have been set by now.

I've seen them release multiple revisions of the order guide between the order bank opening and job 1 although the updates are usually typos or small changes.   I do agree it should be 100% complete and nailed down in this case.

• Like 1

Case in point - there are currently 5 different versions of the Bronco order guide.

LATEST ORDER GUIDE UPDATES
● Revised: B&O® Sound System by Bang & Olufsen, 10 Speakers including Subwoofer to B&O® Sound System by Bang & Olufsen®, 10 Speakers including Subwoofer
● Deleted: Modular Hard Top, Shadow Black-Painted (43V)
● Deleted: Dual Tops – Molded-in-Color (MIC) Hard Top + Black Soft Top (43Z)
● Deleted: Dual Tops – Modular Shadow Black-Painted Hard Top + Black Soft Top (43B)
● Deleted: Instrument Panel-High Level. Refer to the Base series Standard Equipment page for the Instrument Panel Cluster features that are standard on all series.

59 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Also, How come you can get heated steering wheel, and heated wiper park on the cheapest Ford in mid trim lines. (Eco sport, Maverick) Yet on more expensive vehicles you have to get top of the line, usually with the top package. (Bronco, Bronco Sport, F-series, Expedition, Escape) and most have eliminated the heated wiper park it’s Very weird packaging. 

Just did a look on the Ford website:

Ecosport doesn't offer a heated steering wheel from what I can see

Escape offers it withe SE model plus cold weather package

Bronco Sport it appears that it is offered with the Outer Banks Trim
Bronco it comes with the Big Bend with mid package

So it comes with the SE or above trim models which are normally the cheaper trims that customers actually buy. I don't see many S models or base models. 

This seemed to come out of nowhere!  And so soon after the Ranger.  But it could be Ford's savior if and when the next recession comes. Yeah I'd like to see a side-by-side too.  Make it so it can handle a snow plow and count me in!

Edited by Joe771476