2022 Ford Maverick Pickup thread

Lavien

11 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Yes and no. Ford is offering more of an entry to upper mid level type truck.  Santa Cruz looks to be more Suburu take on the truck with a higher price, and similar capability (it tows more and will have a bit more power). Really though, how much market is left in the middle before you start encroaching on the Ridgeline? 

Other than wireless Carplay (off the top of my head), what features does the Santa Cruz have that the Maverick won't?

There is room for both vehicles regardless if you are in the $25k market or $35k market....cars are expensive. The Hyundai has way more distinctive styling, lockable bed, a trunk in the rear, safety tech is standard across all trim lines, as is I think AWD, a  longer warranty, more standard features including a digital dash, etc.

The big picture to me is everyone else that has not jumped into this market.....this is where the entry level buyer in many ways is going to go. 

8 minutes ago, akirby said:

Case in point - there are currently 5 different versions of the Bronco order guide.

LATEST ORDER GUIDE UPDATES
● Revised: B&O® Sound System by Bang & Olufsen, 10 Speakers including Subwoofer to B&O® Sound System by Bang & Olufsen®, 10 Speakers including Subwoofer
● Deleted: Modular Hard Top, Shadow Black-Painted (43V)
● Deleted: Dual Tops – Molded-in-Color (MIC) Hard Top + Black Soft Top (43Z)
● Deleted: Dual Tops – Modular Shadow Black-Painted Hard Top + Black Soft Top (43B)
● Deleted: Instrument Panel-High Level. Refer to the Base series Standard Equipment page for the Instrument Panel Cluster features that are standard on all series.

True but the first version was out in mid-January and the Bronco is a lot more complex regarding specifications and available options, plus the updates related to late availability items. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kyle said:

There is room for both vehicles regardless if you are in the $25k market or $35k market....cars are expensive. The Hyundai has way more distinctive styling, lockable bed, a trunk in the rear, safety tech is standard across all trim lines, as is I think AWD, a  longer warranty, more standard features including a digital dash, etc.

The big picture to me is everyone else that has not jumped into this market.....this is where the entry level buyer in many ways is going to go. 

I'm guessing that most manufactures thought it wouldn't be possible or would turn off prospective buyers and they would rather point them to more profitable mid or full size trucks. 

I also think the Cruz is aimed more at lifestyle buyers then the Maverick is..

Maverick will most likely be used more for actual work then the Santa Cruz will be and will ride Ford truck coattails and most likely be more successful. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kyle said:

Is this the  spot for toggle switches?

Nope different option LOL

Toggle switches are still there

I think it might have been a nice tach or maybe dash upgrade?

EDIT: Just saw it was something that didn't exist (High level package)....LOL Go figure. All gauges are the same across the lineup. 

Edited by silvrsvt
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, kyle said:

We'll see how it plays out. Hyundai hasn't released pricing yet for the Santa Cruz. My opinion, is that they are now painted into a pricing corner. They aren't going to get the budget buyers. They aren't going to get the FE buyers. Sure, it's more upscale than Maverick but if if they come too close to Ridgeline pricing. people will just buy the Ridgeline (on brand alone). 

This will be interesting to watch that's for sure.

Edited by jcartwright99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

2022 Maverick - Early Recommended Ordering - Dealer Stock

2022 Maverick_FOCUS VEHICLES – EARLY RECOMMENDED ORDERING.jpg

2022 Maverick_FOCUS VEHICLES – EARLY RECOMMENDED ORDERING.pdf

So, if you wanted an XLT with 2.0L, AWD and the FX4 package you would be looking at about $27,900 total, right? The reason I ask is that my brother has been interested in the Maverick ever since I told him about it. Knowing how he uses his vehicles and the type of winters we get here I think he would want the AWD and FX4. Based on similarly equipped Escape numbers the combined fuel mileage should be around 28 mpg, right?

However, our nephew has been trying to convince him that he should buy a Santa Cruz instead. He used to have a Baja which he really liked until it developed the inevitable Subaru head gasket issues and might prefer the styling of the Hyundai. He also likes the fact that the Santa Cruz will be built in Alabama instead of Mexico. Hard to argue with that but price may still be the deciding factor.

He currently drives a 2016 Honda CR-V AWD which should be worth at least $18k trade-in value so he should be looking at about $10K difference on the Maverick. Sound about right?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Who will manufacture a cap/camper shell for it?? Please, for the love of God...not Webasto.....

I saw a picture of a Rapid Red Maverick earlier today with one on it, but I can't remember where. 

7 minutes ago, 92LX302 said:

I saw a picture of a Rapid Red Maverick earlier today with one on it, but I can't remember where. 

It’s in a video for a quick moment the Maverick site, but I did see a screen shot on Twitter too someone posted.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Just did a look on the Ford website:

Ecosport doesn't offer a heated steering wheel from what I can see

Escape offers it withe SE model plus cold weather package

Bronco Sport it appears that it is offered with the Outer Banks Trim
Bronco it comes with the Big Bend with mid package

So it comes with the SE or above trim models which are normally the cheaper trims that customers actually buy. I don't see many S models or base models. 

Not available at all on Ranger which I find unacceptable when the volume model stickers for around $38k

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not available at all on Ranger which I find unacceptable when the volume model stickers for around $38k

But the current Ranger is just an interim solution. Lets see how the second gen one handles things. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

But the current Ranger is just an interim solution. Lets see how the second gen one handles things. 

They added a bunch of other stuff for our market though and it uses the same steering wheel as Fusion and Edge, both of which were offered with a heated option. 

been off for a few, and just catching up...this is a HOME RUN!. Its priced right and has the features to re-ignite the younger market...mark my words these will be all over the beaches with surfboards in them...

• Like 8

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Just did a look on the Ford website:

Ecosport doesn't offer a heated steering wheel from what I can see

Escape offers it withe SE model plus cold weather package

Bronco Sport it appears that it is offered with the Outer Banks Trim
Bronco it comes with the Big Bend with mid package

So it comes with the SE or above trim models which are normally the cheaper trims that customers actually buy. I don't see many S models or base models. 

Standard on the SES/Titanium Ecosport - got removed from the SE for 2021. (Just noticed that)

Only way on the Full size Bronco to get it is in the LUX package.

2 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

Also, does this all but confirm Ford will offer a Hybrid/Powerboost Option for the NG Ranger? 

Already been confirmed, required for Euro market, was mentioned reading between the lines in the launch of the Lighting

2 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

Other than wireless Carplay (off the top of my head), what features does the Santa Cruz have that the Maverick won't?

Leather Seats, Cooled seats, Phone as Key, Full Digital IC, 10"+ Touch Center screen, Turn Signals on mirrors, Auto Dimming Mirror, Navigation, Sunroof, Homelink,  360 Camera, In bed lockable storage. It also has 275HP and 310ft/lbs. 

Edited by jasonj80
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Yet another bit of Ford's story we should appreciate Jim Hackett for. 

Yes sir PREMiERdrum. Maverick is probably the best example yet of Ford applying the "design thinking" principles that Jim Hackett brought to Ford when he became CEO in 2017.

4 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

no wireless CarPlay/Android Auto seems to be bad for a 2022 MY vehicle that’s aimed as a lifestyle vehicle for Gen Z. 

Do any of the C2 products built in NA (BS, Escape, Maverick) have Sync 4? Do any of the C2 products in Europe or China? If not, maybe this feature is forthcoming on a mid cycle platform update. If some of them do, wouldn't Ford be able to 'universalize' the hardware/wiring across the platform?