2022 Ford Maverick Pickup thread

Lavien

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

I dunno I don't think the cap looks terrible at all...the black line around the bottom-well not much you can do about that-unless you want an Escape or a Transit Connect ?

Agreed- after all, its for added utility. Probably tall enough to fit a couple of bikes standing up a la bronco sport?

49 minutes ago, Torrey61 said:

Agreed- after all, its for added utility. Probably tall enough to fit a couple of bikes standing up a la bronco sport?

Also seems to be aerodynamic and that small uplift probably creates some down force to the Maverick's light rear end at 70mph.

16 hours ago, buddysystem said:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-maverick-st-sport-truck-render/

This!  I think this would be great  Euro Focus ST drivetrain  2.3L would be killer.

2.3 EB Maverick will be very interesting thing. Not sure Ford has the balls to do it. They passed on Escape ST and seems to be in no hurry to make a Bronco Sport 2.3 either. 

20 hours ago, jpd80 said:

It’s another one for the OCDs who prefer clean straight profile but once again,

the small size of a compact Utes dictates function over form.

had the door frames and roof line been higher, the canopy would have matched.

lol, you don't say!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

lol, you don't say!

Sorry, I got called away by wifey without finishing that train of thought, so here goes….

Ford obviously used the TC’s door frames but they were reskinned with a higher belt line

but Maverick obviously has a a lower profile roof than the TC (van is ~3” higher  Maverick). 

If Maverick used the thicker van roofline, the canopy would work but it would look like a Van,

this is where economising with too many parts leads to design conflicts in other areas.

Ford is now stuck with a compromised design that’s hard to fix without a major change.

(a graduated increase in roof height from front to back may have fixed the problem)

bzcat, 

One change requested by customer feedback has been a high roofline option for TC,

it’s  something that Ford Europe refused to entertain, this could add significant sales

Edited by jpd80

Ford trademarks "Rattler" name which some publications reckons is the performance version of Maverick.

Makes sense that Ford will not use the Raptor name on Maverick... you can't make Maverick capable off road worthy of the Raptor name so better to use another name. And "ST" doesn't quite fit the image of Maverick either.

I imagine 2.3 EcoBoost and AWD combo from Corsair will make the Maverick Rattler quite a performance machine... Should hold its own against Civic Si, Golf GTI, or Impreza WRX. 

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/07/02/ford-rattler-trademark-application/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bzcat said:

Ford trademarks "Rattler" name which some publications reckons is the performance version of Maverick.

Makes sense that Ford will not use the Raptor name on Maverick... you can't make Maverick capable off road worthy of the Raptor name so better to use another name. And "ST" doesn't quite fit the image of Maverick either.

I imagine 2.3 EcoBoost and AWD combo from Corsair will make the Maverick Rattler quite a performance machine... Should hold its own against Civic Si, Golf GTI, or Impreza WRX. 

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/07/02/ford-rattler-trademark-application/

If true, what a breath of fresh air from Ford, using vehicle names that paint an aggressive image

that suits the vehicles perception and  inspiring passion in potential buyers.

Eyes opened now that some performance vehicles doesn’t have to be called Raptor or ST or even GT,

things like Warthog and Rattlesnake are clever and hard for competitors to counter.

Edited by jpd80
  • Haha 1