2022 Ford Maverick Pickup thread

Lavien

56 minutes ago, Deanh said:

absolutely....try delivering something with height.....like a Refrigerator etc....

If people are delivering refrigerators with any regularity, they certainly aren't getting a Maverick (or a Transit Connect for that matter). 

Edited by Anthony

23 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

Odd that Ford didn't say more than just the name and the other tidbits that you saw. I can understand your reasoning on not wanting to post it online since you are employee.

That's because the full public reveal is soon. They didn't give a date but it's probably that June 9th date someone else posted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pffan1990 said:

Yes, I was talking about specifics like powertrain info, pricing, un-camo'ed pics, etc.

Some local pesticides/exterminators still use old compact trucks to lug around their spray tanks and such. I'm talking late 2000s/early 2010s Rangers and S-10s/Colorados! Some use previous Nissan Frontiers too. So I would think the new Maverick will be great for these companies. The small 4ft bed would have good payload to carry the tanks and boxes. The rear seat could be use for additional storage like clipboard/papers, etc. I can imagine lots of these companies along with other fleets would welcome the Maverick.

Ford could offer a back seat delete option and perhaps some type of storage system to fleet customers.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Anthony said:

If people are delivering refrigerators with any regularity, they certainly aren't getting a Maverick (or a Transit Connect for that matter). 

You missed the point...anything that wont fit height wise negates the Transit Connect...theres a BIG difference between Vans and pickups...and its not just for Fleet customers, palm trees from Home Depot for the back yardetc etc etc...I wont mention anything that givesoff any type of fumes where sealed bulkheads have to be installed ...Pickups don't need them...

Edited by Deanh

34 minutes ago, Deanh said:

You missed the point...anything that wont fit height wise negates the Transit Connect...theres a BIG difference between Vans and pickups...and its not just for Fleet customers, palm trees from Home Depot for the back yardetc etc etc...I wont mention anything that givesoff any type of fumes where sealed bulkheads have to be installed ...Pickups don't need them...

I see a lot of appeal for retail buyers but I don’t  think a fleet buyer delivering tall stuff would be looking at a Maverick or a Transit Connect.  Probably a box truck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I see a lot of appeal for retail buyers but I don’t  think a fleet buyer delivering tall stuff would be looking at a Maverick or a Transit Connect.  Probably a box truck.

maybe....but you would be surprised at what we see as delivery vehicles under the Amazon banner ( privateers delivering for Amazon ) The Maverick may score well with some large Landscaping companies...Im curious to see who mumps on it when its released...

25 minutes ago, Deanh said:

maybe....but you would be surprised at what we see as delivery vehicles under the Amazon banner ( privateers delivering for Amazon ) The Maverick may score well with some large Landscaping companies...Im curious to see who mumps on it when its released...

Likely fleet buyers would be those that bought compact pickups in the past:  mall/private security, pest control, parts distributors (Napa, Advance, Autozone,etc.), city inspectors.  Basically anyone who wants a cheap fleet vehicle that has some amount of exposed storage space.

I wouldn’t want my refrigerator delivered from the back of a pickup.  Use a box truck and keep it dry and secure.

6 hours ago, Deanh said:

I could see places like Napa and other auto part delivery places using the smaller pick-up to. The local mechanic needs a few cases of oil. Call up the local Napa (or other auto part store) and have some delivered. 

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

Like @pffan1990 stated earlier, do not forget a company like Terminix....at one point, they used nothing but the last gen Ranger for their service vehicles.

But was it the open bed or just that those were the cheapest option?  Don’t discount price as a major factor.

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

Like @pffan1990 stated earlier, do not forget a company like Terminix....at one point, they used nothing but the last gen Ranger for their service vehicles.

IIRC Terminix bought 1,000 extra Ranger's when Ford announced that they were dropping the last generation Ranger. Similar to what the L.A. County Sheriff's Department did when Ford dropped the Crown Victoria. Both wanted to make sure they had enough vehicles available for their fleets until they could decide on a replacement. 

There have been a lot of good examples included in the discussion here of potential fleet and commercial applications for the Maverick. Ford may not like selling vehicles at the entry level or lower end of the price spectrum but price is a driving force for fleet sales. Even if there's minimal fleet incentives for the Maverick, the substantially lower price point compared to Ranger will make it attractive for many fleet and commercial applications that need only a low cost, basic vehicle to meet their needs. 

We'll know better when Ford releases the 2022MY Maverick Order Guide.  

6 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

There have been a lot of good examples included in the discussion here of potential fleet and commercial applications for the Maverick. Ford may not like selling vehicles at the entry level or lower end of the price spectrum but price is a driving force for fleet sales. Even if there's minimal fleet incentives for the Maverick, the substantially lower price point compared to Ranger will make it attractive for many fleet and commercial applications that need only a low cost, basic vehicle to meet their needs. 

We'll know better when Ford releases the 2022MY Maverick Order Guide.  

It really comes down to how much volume they need/want and that will depend on Bronco Sport volume.  If they can run Hermosillo at full capacity without fleet sales then they’ll probably target higher priced retail sales.  If they need more volume they’ll go after cheaper fleet models.

I think the same will apply to Ranger in MAP.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, K270 said:

I could see places like Napa and other auto part delivery places using the smaller pick-up to. The local mechanic needs a few cases of oil. Call up the local Napa (or other auto part store) and have some delivered. 

Still remember the Rangers with baseball cap on roof and dead bug upside down on door. Those were the days. 

So is that a 10” screen or an 8” with a storage compartment right next to it? Here is an older spy shot that shows it a bit clearer. I wonder if the cheaper models get 8” with storage and higher trims can get the 10”?fordmaverick-interior-g04-kgp-jpg.61

• Like 1