2022 Ford Maverick Pickup thread

Lavien

59 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

But most digital music is compressed in someway LOL

I know there is some lossless formats, but they aren't that popular and in the grand scheme of things most people can't tell or don't care for the difference. 

I for one care big time...home audio and music have been a hobby/ addiction of mine for as long as I can remember....anyone here stream TIDAL from their I phone through their audio system?...that said I would  presume a good DAC would be required inline for ultimate sound...

12 minutes ago, 630land said:

to those complaining still about "why can't Ford still sell Fusion sedans"? Well, just go to another brand. Can still get a Malibu, for now. 

Or, get a Maverick, with a bed cover, and "voila!" a sedan!

personally I don't think Ford will be able to produce enough Mavericks...ordered a base Hybrid for a client yesterday....nice to see the margin of $300 between invoice and MSRP...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, 630land said:

Hardly anyone under 40 remembers the 1970-77 Maverick, so will be no association with 1970's cars. To Millennials, the 70's may as well be the 1930's, far far in the past.

I remember the 1970 to 1977 Maverick very well and I am happy when Ford reuses traditional names, although I liked the Falcon, Granada, and Fairmont better than the Maverick. A basic Maverick XL would be ideal for my next vehicle. 

36 minutes ago, 630land said:

to those complaining still about "why can't Ford still sell Fusion sedans"? Well, just go to another brand. Can still get a Malibu, for now. 

Or, get a Maverick, with a bed cover, and "voila!" a sedan!

I still think a class leading C2 Fusion built in SEL and Titanium trims only would easily sell 75 to 100K units/year and make the best return of any of Ford’s C2 vehicles. Maverick does look like a winner, but will likely take a lot of Ranger and especially Escape sales.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Well yeah of course, but the MP3 on my phone sounds way better than anything on terrestrial or satellite radio as well as Pandora and Spotify, plus I can control the EQ settings more on my phone on top of the car's stereo settings. 

Obviously I'm not most people ? I did go to school for this after all. 

You studied audio?

53 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I for one care big time...home audio and music have been a hobby/ addiction of mine for as long as I can remember....anyone here stream TIDAL from their I phone through their audio system?...that said I would  presume a good DAC would be required inline for ultimate sound...

I have about 400 LP's from my Mom's estate and have 3 Teac Reel-to-Reel decks I have to work on plus hours of original Ice Capades recordings that I'm about to start re-mastering. About 400 former Capades gypsies are anxious as I'm the only one that has the live recordings done with a 24-piece orchestra from the '60's - '80's. One of the guys I worked with years ago was Cat Anderson who played Lead Trumpet for the Duke Ellington Orchestra.  

56 minutes ago, ehaase said:

I remember the 1970 to 1977 Maverick very well and I am happy when Ford reuses traditional names, although I liked the Falcon, Granada, and Fairmont better than the Maverick. A basic Maverick XL would be ideal for my next vehicle. 

I think the Maverick name fits better for the new compact pickup. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Trader 10 said:

I still think a class leading C2 Fusion built in SEL and Titanium trims only would easily sell 75 to 100K units/year and make the best return of any of Ford’s C2 vehicles. Maverick does look like a winner, but will likely take a lot of Ranger and especially Escape sales.

Even if Ford were to consider your Fusion suggestion, where would they have the ability to produce it considering their plant commitments with new product? And maybe it's just me but why do so many think that a SUV/CUV customer is going to jump into a pickup? They're different classes of customers with different wants, needs, etc. I think the Maverick will do very well with a lot of conquest sales from other brands that can't compete.

1 hour ago, 630land said:

Hardly anyone under 40 remembers the 1970-77 Maverick, so will be no association with 1970's cars. To Millennials, the 70's may as well be the 1930's, far far in the past.

The 70s are to today as the 1920s were to the 70s.

24 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Even if Ford were to consider your Fusion suggestion, where would they have the ability to produce it considering their plant commitments with new product? And maybe it's just me but why do so many think that a SUV/CUV customer is going to jump into a pickup? They're different classes of customers with different wants, needs, etc. I think the Maverick will do very well with a lot of conquest sales from other brands that can't compete.

Flat Rock or the Escape plant? I think a significant number of small CUV buyers will buy a truck that is priced similarly to the CUV as the Maverick is. Until Maverick pick-ups have been too expensive. 

12 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It was best described as a hybrid trade school/work study program. Never was able to do anything with it, mostly because there really aren't many recording studios around here and I wasn't willing to move. 

Okay... understood! One of the studios I spent a lot of time with was Intermedia Sound on Newbury Street in Boston, Aerosmith's studio, although I worked on different projects there. 

5 minutes ago, Trader 10 said:

Flat Rock or the Escape plant? I think a significant number of small CUV buyers will buy a truck that is priced similarly to the CUV as the Maverick is. Until Maverick pick-ups have been too expensive. 

I don't see room at the Escape/Corsair plant (LAP) and no one knows what Ford's plans are for Flat Rock although it's important to Ford. 

33 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

They would probably have to bring it over from Spain or Germany. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Okay... understood! One of the studios I spent a lot of time with was Intermedia Sound on Newbury Street in Boston, Aerosmith's studio, although I worked on different projects there. 

That's awesome. I would love to get back into it sooner rather than later but I need a more recently built computer to run ProTools. I need to refresh my memory anyway, I've forgotten most of what I learned. 

14 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's awesome. I would love to get back into it sooner rather than later but I need a more recently built computer to run ProTools. I need to refresh my memory anyway, I've forgotten most of what I learned. 

I've had a subscription to Adobe's Creative Cloud for years and now use Adobe Audition which is comparable to any of the other competitor's software and is updated monthly. Even with the professional video editing programs, the top level programs are very similar in features, functions and processes.  

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

I think the Maverick name fits better for the new compact pickup. 

I liked the Falcon, Fairmont, and Granada cars better than the 1970 to 1977 Maverick. The Falcon, Fairmont, and Granada names are not appropriate for a pickup truck. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

personally I don't think Ford will be able to produce enough Mavericks...ordered a base Hybrid for a client yesterday....nice to see the margin of $300 between invoice and MSRP...

With limited hybrid components, I'm questioning how many Mavericks Ford can build. I'm guessing 100,000/year with 35,000 hybrids and 65,000 with 2.0. 

9 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

With limited hybrid components, I'm questioning how many Mavericks Ford can build. I'm guessing 100,000/year with 35,000 hybrids and 65,000 with 2.0. 

Ford's extensive marketing information has already given them the information they need to forecast the planned production mix for the Maverick. Any necessary adjustments will be addressed via commodity restraints until there's enough history to make longer term adjustments. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I've had a subscription to Adobe's Creative Cloud for years and now use Adobe Audition which is comparable to any of the other competitor's software and is updated monthly. Even with the professional video editing programs, the top level programs are very similar in features, functions and processes.  

Yeah none of my computers could run that right now. The desktop is a 13 year old home build that's got hardware issues and the other is a 2007 iMac that has reached its planned obsolescence despite it still being 100% functional (minus a few dead pixels in the screen). I suppose the MacBook Air could run a lighter application that isn't GarageBand but I don't want to try it. 

5 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Yeah none of my computers could run that right now. The desktop is a 13 year old home build that's got hardware issues and the other is a 2007 iMac that has reached its planned obsolescence despite it still being 100% functional (minus a few dead pixels in the screen). I suppose the MacBook Air could run a lighter application that isn't GarageBand but I don't want to try it. 

Okay... understood

Ford lost a lot of good will with car buyers, with DCT Focus, and Fusion suffered. But also, suburbanites said "cars are out of style and too small". Can't sell a "tiny car" [even if a mid size] to a Mom/Dad who have tons of "stuff" to haul for the kids.

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I don't see room at the Escape/Corsair plant (LAP) and no one knows what Ford's plans are for Flat Rock although it's important to Ford. 

At its peak production, LAP put out 430K vehicles in 2014, so there’s definitely room there…