2022 Ford Maverick Pickup thread

Lavien

2022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-1-jpg.202022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-2-jpg.202022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-7-jpg.212022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-16-jpg.22022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-8-jpg.21

if you squint your eyes, the front kinda looks like an old Colorado.

2012_chevrolet_colorado_regular-cab-pick

I’m a bit worried that the bed is going to look a bit too much like the first gen ridgeline. Besides that it looks pretty good. Do you think that is the finalized rear bumper? Looks a bit like an after thought. Where will the license plate go? Hopefully if that is the final version, it gets body colored instead of black plastic.

Edited by T-dubz
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

2022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-1-jpg.202022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-2-jpg.202022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-7-jpg.212022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-16-jpg.22022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-8-jpg.21

if you squint your eyes, the front kinda looks like an old Colorado.

2012_chevrolet_colorado_regular-cab-pick

I’m a bit worried that the bed is going to look a bit too much like the first gen ridgeline. Besides that it looks pretty good. Do you think that is the finalized rear bumper? Looks a bit like an after thought. Where will the license plate go? Hopefully if that is the final version, it gets body colored instead of black plastic.

I'm thinking it is the final bumper - the license plate will go to the right of the hitch.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, probowler said:

I'm digging the front end, though the rear at certain angles gives me a ridgeline vibe that i'm not a big fan of. Tailgate kind of reminds me of the sport trac which i do like.

Overall should be a nice vehicle.

2022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-22-jpg.2

Not a fan of that either. In the pic above you can see a fair amount of plastic trim on top of the bed that goes up the rear of the cab. I guess they are trying to camouflage that rake in the bed. When you combine that with the rear bumper and the trim in front of the rear wheel, there’s a whole lot of plastic on that bed. I guess you gotta save money somewhere though if you are aiming for a sub 20k price.

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

Not a fan of that either. In the pic above you can see a fair amount of plastic trim on top of the bed that goes up the rear of the cab. I guess they are trying to camouflage that rake in the bed. When you combine that with the rear bumper and the trim in front of the rear wheel, there’s a whole lot of plastic on that bed. I guess you gotta save money somewhere though if you are aiming for a sub 20k price.

I like what I’m seeing overall, but I’m not digging all that plastic either.  It reminds me of all the plastic on the Chevy Avalanche.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tbone said:

I like what I’m seeing overall, but I’m not digging all that plastic either.  It reminds me of all the plastic on the Chevy Avalanche.  

Copying the WORST part of a competing vehicle is a bizarre move for sure.

I'm sure there an explanation as T-Dubz postulated, but Ford needs to strive to always be the best, and beat what the competition is offering.

15 minutes ago, probowler said:

Copying the WORST part of a competing vehicle is a bizarre move for sure.

I'm sure there an explanation as T-Dubz postulated, but Ford needs to strive to always be the best, and beat what the competition is offering.

Let's wait and see the final product before passing judgement.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, T-dubz said:

2022-ford-maverick-pickup-spied-1-jpg.20

Overall looks good but man I hope that grille and headlights are not the final form.  Yeesh. 

Gotta laugh at the idiot driving it wearing a mask.  You’re the only one in the car dude, relax 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FR739 said:

Gotta laugh at the idiot driving it wearing a mask.  You’re the only one in the car dude, relax 

It's company policy. Whenever you’re on company property you must wear a mask, even when outdoors. Company cars count. Seems kind of extreme, especially when I'm leaving for the day and there's literally nobody else around but thems the rules. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Compare that to this body in white picture from a few months ago, the reveal line for the plastic cladding was there all along.

HRG

2022-ford-maverick-body-in-white-lead.jpg