2022 Ford Maverick Pickup thread

Lavien

The Maverick looks good without the camo. I'm not interested in driving a large pickup, but something like this - with four doors, able to carry light loads, but not too big or high off the ground - has piqued my interest. 

Edited by grbeck
  • Like 1

I found that my small utility trailer jack will lower enough that the coupler will sit on the ball but my much larger car trailer will not. Requiring me to use a floor jack to lift the coupler then swinging the jack horizontally (yes it's one of those) then i can lower the floor jack resulting in the coupler sitting on the ball.  So with the receiver in the bumper vs under it may alleviate my issue.  I'm driving a Nautilus, I'm only moving the car trailer from the street to the back yard.

You know, I started thinking in the Santa Cruz thread....

I wonder if an Avalanche-style folding bulkhead would have been more successful in this size vehicle than it was on Avalanche, where it was essentially just competing with the full size trucks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, akirby said:

Could it drag on a really steep driveway?   Sure.   Is it a big deal?  No.   Please move on.

It’s a big deal to those with a steep driveway.  Everyone else not so much.  The off center license plate doesn’t bother me.  To others it is an issue.

That hitch on the Hyundai looks tacked on.  Hopefully the finished product is better integrated.

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

You know, I started thinking in the Santa Cruz thread....

I wonder if an Avalanche-style folding bulkhead would have been more successful in this size vehicle than it was on Avalanche, where it was essentially just competing with the full size trucks.

Maybe...that Avalanche bulkhead did allow for 4x8 sheets of material to be fully covered.  My dad used to get Sheetrock in a ‘77 Ltd wagon so that it would be fully covered if it rained...and he didn’t have to clean out the bed of his truck.

5 minutes ago, akirby said:

And those people need to buy a Ranger not a Maverick.

That’s the thing, though, why should they have to buy a larger, higher riding vehicle if there is a simple fix?  Those that don’t like the off centered license plate are free to buy a truck with a centered license plate.  Either way, I don’t see it being a deal breaker for most.

40 minutes ago, slemke said:

Maybe...that Avalanche bulkhead did allow for 4x8 sheets of material to be fully covered.  My dad used to get Sheetrock in a ‘77 Ltd wagon so that it would be fully covered if it rained...and he didn’t have to clean out the bed of his truck.

I guess it's far easier and cheaper to just do the flip out bed extender, though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slemke said:

That’s the thing, though, why should they have to buy a larger, higher riding vehicle if there is a simple fix?  Those that don’t like the off centered license plate are free to buy a truck with a centered license plate.  Either way, I don’t see it being a deal breaker for most.

I wouldn't assume that the simple fix is moving the license plate to the side.  There may be other reasons.  Regardless I think it will work for 99.9% of buyers (if not more) and other options are available for the other .1%.

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

License plate on the side will look even more strange when there is nothing in the middle to prevent it from going there.

My guess is that the illumination light is already in position above that (side) location, and it ain't movin'

HRG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Not likely based on the photo posted above.  In my opinion, the entire rear bumper on the Maverick is hideous, but I don’t plan on buying one anyway.  

I thought that was a removable cover in the photo.  Maybe not.

13 hours ago, akirby said:

I thought that was a removable cover in the photo.  Maybe not.

It's probably just an insert for ones that don't have it, so they can just make one bumper mold for all of them to keep costs down - get the hitch, you get the cutout, don't get it, they throw in the insert.

7 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

It's probably just an insert for ones that don't have it, so they can just make one bumper mold for all of them to keep costs down - get the hitch, you get the cutout, don't get it, they throw in the insert.

I think you're correct.

26 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Any idea on when this will be revealed? With the "leaks" I would assume this would happen in the next week or two.

Also, wondering if this will receive a Badlands model, using the special bits from the BS?

There's an outside chance it could be part of the April "wholesale" allocation discussions but more likely May if they'll actually have a Job #1 Date in July. I'll see what I can find out from the VP/GM at the dealership over the weekend.

The other source of information is the FDNB (Fleet Distribution Bulletin) which is the source for all the order bank, scheduling and production timetable information. It's generated on Friday's but sometimes not available until the weekend at least. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 1