2022 Ford Maverick Pickup thread

Lavien

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to speculate that with chip shortage getting worse with no end in sight, the production of the Maverick will be delayed to next year or to when the shortage improves. There is also a rubber/tire shortage. Why build the Maverick soon robbing production of $60,000 pickups and $45,000 Explorers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

I'm going to speculate that with chip shortage getting worse with no end in sight, the production of the Maverick will be delayed to next year or to when the shortage improves. There is also a rubber/tire shortage. Why build the Maverick soon robbing production of $60,000 pickups and $45,000 Explorers?

Worse than that, does Ford ask the same question of Escape, Bronco Sport, Bronco and Edge?

Its down to  how many sales to throw away just to keep the top profit earners going.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Worse than that, does Ford ask the same question of Escape, Bronco Sport, Bronco and Edge?

Its down to  how many sales to throw away just to keep the top profit earners going.

Yes, new inventory is really getting low. My local Ford dealer is down to about 50 new vehicles. Mullinax is down to about 1,000 with 80 of them 2020. By end of this month, desperation time will begin. And Used car prices are going through the roof. I'd rather bike than pay those prices....Example....2011 Ram 1500 with over 100,000 miles for $18,000+.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

15 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Yes, new inventory is really getting low. My local Ford dealer is down to about 50 new vehicles. Mullinax is down to about 1,000 with 80 of them 2020. By end of this month, desperation time will begin. And Used car prices are going through the roof. I'd rather bike than pay those prices....Example....2011 Ram 1500 with over 100,000 miles for $18,000+.

13 hours ago, jpd80 said:

It’s probably a good time to stay out of the market and just ride it out until supplies and prices come back to normal.

From what I read, both the chip and rubber shortages are going to get worse before they get better. I had planned to get into a new vehicle when my current '19 Nautilus lease ends at the beginning of 2022. Now I'm thinking I might just buy it out and wait another year. If a lot of people keep delaying purchases because the new vehicle they want just isn't available, then the shortages and surging prices for used vehicles will also continue to get worse.

Edited by Gurgeh

15 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Some folks over on Ranger 5G are selling 2019 &'20 Rangers to Carvana and buying 2021's with the Tremor pkg for very little extra. Some report getting more than they originally paid for them. 

But then again in my market Ford is advertising $6000 off on a 2021 Edge

57 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

From what I read, both the chip and rubber shortages are going to get worse before they get better. I had planned to get into a new vehicle when my current '19 Nautilus lease ends at the beginning of 2022. Now I'm thinking I might just buy it out and wait another year. If a lot of people keep delaying purchases because the new vehicle they want just isn't available, then the shortages and surging prices for used vehicles will also continue to get worse.

It might be interesting to know whether your Lincoln is now commanding much higher price than originally predicted.

• Like 1

Seriously though, even the early Broncos had an optional swing-away spare tire mount that attached to the right side rear corner of the body. If the license plate were in the center the spare tire would have at least partially obscured it. You might also wonder why the license plate wasn't mounted in a recess in the bumper. Had they done that then they probably wouldn't have been able to use the same bumper front and rear (which they did). Every now and then function and cost win out over form.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

June 2nd according to a dealership email

I couldn't tell if the June 2nd was just a "here's what's coming" for the dealers, and the full reveal is the 9th, or if it's actually the 2nd.

Edited by rmc523

15 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Not long to go now, most of the information is out there but will be nice that Ford finally announces Maverick in public.

Well, while we know a ton about the Maverick, we are not 100% sure about the various powertrains. It will probably have the 1.3 and 2.0 EcoBoosts...but it could also have the 2.5I4 and the 2.5I4-Hybrid. If the Maverick does have the Hybrid option, wouldn't it make sense to also reveal that the Bronco Sport will get that powertrain option? It also wouldn't surprise me if the Maverick has some fun/interesting features for the bed and cab, and offer a ton of accessories like the Broncos.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, passis said:

Not sure if they'll say something about it in the upcoming days but I'm curious about the whole price range. (Not just "starting at 20k")

And with that $20k starting price, Maverick looks like it will sit about $3k under Ranger pricing