Ford Connected Charge Station

rickbolan

So my new Mach-E is projected to arrive at my dealership by the end of this week.  Being the true-blue Ford guy that I am, I intended to buy the Ford Connected Charge Station for installation in my garage.  Much to my chagrin, I find out that the units are on "back order" and there is no projection whatsoever on when they might be available.  The Ford website won't even allow you to place the order, and instead instructs you to consult with your dealer.  The dealer suggested I go to Best Buy.  Not sure who dropped the ball, but I thought that was pretty poor.  So now I'm looking for alternatives.

I'm looking at the ChargePoint Home Flex EV Charger.  Has anyone out there in EV land used this one?  It's the most highly rated one on Amazon, for what it's worth.

Why not just get the 240V line run, with a 14-50 outlet, and use the supplied adapter until you can get the Charging Station?  20 miles range/hour isn't terrible.

Have them run #6 wire, so you can easily upgrade to the 60-amp circuit later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEoAeqHDeak

HRG

Edited by HotRunrGuy
  • Like 1

HRG,

Thanks for slapping some common sense into me.... ?

That's the plan I'm going to follow, especially after chatting with a customer service manager at Ford.  It turns out the FCCS isn't actually "back ordered" but they actually issued a stop ship order on them after reports that some of them were reporting random faults and were shutting down.  No estimates on ETA for a resolution, but until then your approach is the best one.

20 minutes ago, rickbolan said:

HRG,

Thanks for slapping some common sense into me.... ?

That's the plan I'm going to follow, especially after chatting with a customer service manager at Ford.  It turns out the FCCS isn't actually "back ordered" but they actually issued a stop ship order on them after reports that some of them were reporting random faults and were shutting down.  No estimates on ETA for a resolution, but until then your approach is the best one.

No problem!  I guess all 14-50 sockets are not created the same, here's some interesting reading on the subject.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/master-thread-definitive-14-50-nema-outlet-guide.140694/

HRG