Ford makes dealer remove absurd markup on Mach E

Saw that the other day (I subscribe to Lehto's channel).  I think OEM's could do a little more in controlling ADM's by threatening to pull allocation.

BTW, just curious, but how do you embed youtube videos.  I haven't yet figured it out on this board.  Other message boards have much easier options that either automatically embed from the URL or have a button to do so.

3 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

I think OEM's could do a little more in controlling ADM's by threatening to pull allocation.

I don’t think they can just pull allocation though.  That would be an instant lawsuit.  They can reduce it and take away some incentives but franchise laws protect them way too much.

24 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

BTW, just curious, but how do you embed youtube videos.  I haven't yet figured it out on this board.  Other message boards have much easier options that either automatically embed from the URL or have a button to do so.

Copying the YouTube URL and pasting it directly into a post or topic on this forum automatically embeds the video. I use Microsoft Edge web browser.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Flying68 said:

Saw that the other day (I subscribe to Lehto's channel).  I think OEM's could do a little more in controlling ADM's by threatening to pull allocation.

The point many people are missing is that is going to protect the MME from dealerships being stupid because they are trying to draw in Tesla customers and grow its market share in the BEV market.

This isn't a 55 year old nameplate with history behind it that is already established in the market place. 

While I'm not a fan of ADMs, how are they any different then someone getting a 2021 GT500 then reselling it to some idiot that has more money then sense that buys it off them for an additional 5-10K over sticker?

Edited by silvrsvt
  • Like 1

The difference between a Mach-e and a GT500 is cost and exclusivity (target market). Putting ADM's on a Mach-e is counter to the goal of having a price competitive offering vs the Model Y. A GT500 is an enthusiast car that many dealers only get a couple of per year.

Dealers are their own worst enemy, but there are also many customers that are clueless when it comes to buying cars.

Off topic: thanks for the info on YouTube videos. I have tried that before but all that showed up was a link. So it is either a browser thing or something else is going on as I have seen many links to YouTube videos that didn't end up as embedded videos.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

Off topic: thanks for the info on YouTube videos. I have tried that before but all that showed up was a link. So it is either a browser thing or something else is going on as I have seen many links to YouTube videos that didn't end up as embedded videos.

Here is what may have happened Flying68 sir. If you are using Microsoft Edge, there is a new feature called friendly URL when you copy a web link (including YouTube) and paste it to a post on this forum. There are 2 options when you right click and select Paste As.

image.png.8c30a8d0d9481d027c6ce11c4bb086f9.png

• Paste as link - this is friendly link
  • Paste as plain text - this will paste the original link from YouTube without making it friendly

For YouTube links pasted on this forum, the first option does not automatically embed the video, the second option does.

Here is an YouTube example with Paste as link.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dealer Markups Are Already Out Of Control - YouTube

Here is the same YouTube link, but using Paste as plain text.

• Thanks 1

Ive said this before and I will say it again...the "wiggleroom" between MSRP and invoice has been shrinking substantially on a yearly basis...if you knew what Ford expects dealers to make based on sales at MSRP...and lets face it, that's a small percentage of sales, you wouldn't question why Dealers add addendums when given the chance. That said, some Dealers are outright asinine on what they add to MSRPS...greed over rules common sense unfortunately...but, remember that's not ALL dealers.

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Its just like people...not everyone is an asshole...but a select few make it seem that way. 

big 10/4 right there...quite sure theres a few entitled customers that would label me that way...I don't pander, and wont put up with rudeness or BS....crotchety....lol...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 2:20 PM, silvrsvt said:

Its just like people...not everyone is an asshole...but a select few make it seem that way. 

I think it was Raylan on Justified who said if you run into one asshole, you run into an asshole, but if you run into assholes all day long, you're the asshole...

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1