Production 2022 Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer Shown

rmc523

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/03/11/2022-jeep-grand-wagoneer-reveal/

The Grand Wagoneer gets a black roof and a slightly taller grille with the Wagoneer lettering directly attached. The regular Wagoneer has a body-color roof and a shorter grille with the lettering mounted to the hood. Around the back, the taillight designs are slightly different, though both come standard with LED lighting all around. Each model also is available with 20- or 22-inch wheels, though the Grand Wagoneer gets unique designs and finishes.

There's a lot of Wagoneer to go around, too. It's about 4 inches longer than a Chevy Tahoe or Ford Expedition, or their more luxurious Cadillac, GMC and Lincoln counterparts (though still quite a bit shorter than their extended-length versions). The big Jeep's extra size gives it quite a bit more cargo space overall than the Ford, and the 27.4 cubic feet of space behind the third row tops the Tahoe. The Wagoneer also boasts up to 10,000 pounds of towing capacity, more than any of those other American full-sizers offer.

While the production Wagoneer models are faithful to the concept everywhere you'll look, they've lost the plug-in hybrid powertrain. Instead, they launch with a choice of V8. The Wagoneer gets a 5.7-liter V8 with the eTorque 48-volt starter-generator motor similar to the Ram 1500's. It makes 392 horsepower and 404 pound-feet of torque. The Grand Wagoneer upgrades to a 6.4-liter V8, but without the eTorque motor. That engine makes 471 horsepower and 455 pound-feet of torque. Both are coupled to an eight-speed automatic. That's a lot of power to be sure, but it needs every horse it can muster: the Wagoneer's curb weight starts at 5,960 pounds with the Grand Wagoneer Series III topping things off at 6,420 pounds. For comparison, the V8-powered Escalade starts at 5,635 pounds; the Lincoln Navigator at 5,655. 

The Wagoneer line will go on sale in the second-half of 2021, with the base Series I trim level launching later in that time frame. The base price of the Wagoneer is $59,995, which includes the sky-high $2,000 destination charge. Four-wheel drive adds an extra $3,000. That makes it nearly $10,000 more than a basic Chevy Tahoe and about $5,500 more than an Expedition

Similarly, the Grand Wagoneer starts about $11,500 north of the Escalade and Navigator at $88,995. All Grand Wagoneer trims come with four-wheel drive standard. Trims are pretty simple with Series I through III, though the Grand Wagoneer has a special Obsidian trim with blacked-out exterior trim. Full pricing is listed below.
  • Wagoneer
    • Series I: $59,995
    • Series II: $69,995
    • Series III: $74,995
  • Grand Wagoneer
    • Series I: $88,995
    • Series II: $95,995
    • Obsidian: $98,995
    • Series III: $105,995

Grand Wagoneer:

2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

WS022_100GWubncihkfiopr7jivk5lprloihd.jpg

Wagoneer:

2022 Jeep Wagoneer

undefined

undefined

Is it me or did Jeep use the 2004 era Full sized GM SUVs as a template and just add Jeep features to it?

The belt line, wheel well openings, door cut outs are nearly identical. I get there isn't much you can do with a 2 box design to a point, but I just get this sense of deja vu when I see these photos

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Is it me or did Jeep use the 2004 era Full sized GM SUVs as a template and just add Jeep features to it?

The belt line, wheel well openings, door cut outs are nearly identical. I get there isn't much you can do with a 2 box design to a point, but I just get this sense of deja vu when I see these photos

Haha, I said the same over at GMI......the 2007 Tahoe/Suburban called and want their design back:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Values & Cars for Sale | Kelley Blue Book

It's the pillars that make it look odd.  I also just don't like square wheel wells - they rarely look good putting a round wheel in a square opening.

The back also has issues for me - a combo of completely upright rear window and lack of a spoiler

The interior looks great, though.

6 hours ago, akirby said:

Interior looks great.  Something about the exterior seems off to me, especially the rear,

Agreed about the interior.  Regarding the rear, the chrome trim pieces make the odd rear really stand out in a negative way. There’s just something off overall about the exterior design for me.  I actually thinking the maroon Wagoneer pictured above looks better than the Grand model. The pricing is pretty darn high compared to the competition as well. 

• Like 1

From what I've heard you need to see this in the flesh.  The sense of scale doesn't come through in images causing it to look a bit weird (I mean look at it, does it REALLY look larger than an Expedition or Navigator in pictures?  If anything most of the pictures I've seen gives the odd illusion that it is Grand Cherokee sized if anything).  I'm looking forward to seeing one on the roads, but it would never be something I buy.

Edited by Anthony

40 minutes ago, Anthony said:

From what I've heard you need to see this in the flesh.  The sense of scale doesn't come through in images causing it to look a bit weird (I mean look at it, does it REALLY look larger than an Expedition or Navigator in pictures?  If anything most of the pictures I've seen gives the odd illusion that it is Grand Cherokee sized if anything).  I'm looking forward to seeing one on the roads, but it would never be something I buy.

I saw a camouflaged one today (without all the vinyl padding BS) and it looked ok size wise. Wouldn't say its huge or anything. 

The rear is the biggest disappointment.  The wraparound chrome strip doesn't need to be there, and the flat back is desperately calling for a spoiler like the grand cherokee l.  The interior is stunning.  The price is high but it does come with a lot a features, like 12 way hvac seats for driver and passenger, digital Instruments cluster,  10in touchscreen, 12 speaker audio and power everything for 59k.  Looking at the order sheet, a wagoneer s3 is the best value and will compete directly with the denali and platty expy.

4 hours ago, Anthony said:

Looks like a Tahoe /Tahoe sized to me.

On 3/16/2021 at 7:16 PM, akirby said:

Interior looks great.  Something about the exterior seems off to me, especially the rear,

My thoughts exactly.   The exterior looks like a hot mess to me.  But - as you say - the interior's very inviting!

-Ovaltine

Aside from being an overstyled mess, the front 1/3 and rear 2/3 appear to belong to different vehicles. This grab from the official Jeep Instagram shows it perfectly. 

Use your finger to cover the front clip, then the bacl 2/3 of the vehicle. Each section works fine on their own (overwrought chrome DLO trim aside). But together? Yuck.

The inside is great and they'll still sell as many as they can build... but a poorly proportioned design is still bad design.

Screenshot_20210322-212342_Instagram.jpg

Edited by PREMiERdrum
Grammar
  • Like 2

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/03/22/jeep-wagoneer-aftermarket-customizations-overlanders-mopar/

"I think on the Wagoneer, maybe a little less on the Grand Wagoneer, we'll see overlanders, we'll see all kinds of lift kits and tires and outdoorsy stuff," predicted Jeep boss Christian Meunier in an interview with Muscle Car & Trucks.

Both models are related to the Ram 1500 under the sheetmetal, so tuners won't be starting from scratch. Jeep is positioning the Wagoneer as the biggest SUV in its range, and it's putting the Grand Wagoneer at the very top of its model hierarchy as an alternative to upmarket models like the Cadillac Escalade and the Lincoln Navigator.

"I think people are going to go nuts with it, and we want them to go nuts. It's part of the culture," Meunier said. He added that his team is considering giving some tuners early access to the SUV so that they can get a head start. He didn't reveal precisely what he has in mind, but it's not difficult to imagine a Wagoneer (pictured) with 35-inch off-road tires, a two-plus-inch suspension lift kit, a roof-mounted tent, and a rear-mounted spare tire, for example.

Jeep for some reason thinks lots of people will want to customize their Wagoneers.

I think they're over-estimating the demand for something like that in the segment.   Though I suppose if it does start happening (and Jeep offers something from the factory), that leaves the door open for something like a Raptor Expedition.

20 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Jeep for some reason thinks lots of people will want to customize their Wagoneers.

I think they're over-estimating the demand for something like that in the segment.   Though I suppose if it does start happening (and Jeep offers something from the factory), that leaves the door open for something like a Raptor Expedition.

Hmmm not sure that is the target demographic they are gonna get...maybe 24 inch wheels crowd. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
22 hours ago, LookingToBuyAFord said:

I'm not sure if people can get behind paying so much for a Jeep (albeit a fancy one).

True, but lately, people been buying 70k grand cherokees so can't be too crazy to think they won't.  And as much as I love the nav, IMHO, the gw has the best interior in autodom rn, atleast until lincoln unveils the refresh nxt wk.