Guy Who Jumped His Ram TRX Over A Stream Charged With 18 Counts

tbone

I watched the video, and was surprised to find that I actually know this fellow (my wife worked with his mother). He has quite a collection of cars. Last saw him three years ago at the Harrisburg Auto Show. 

Edited by grbeck

Mr. Street Speed 717 should study and follow the guidelines from the Tread Lightly! organization. This will not only benefit others who wish to enjoy off-road and related activities, but also help him avoid legal troubles as well.  Learn - Tread Lightly

TREAD PRINCIPLES

Travel Responsibly

on land by staying on designated roads, trails and area. Go over, not around, obstacles to avoid widening the trails. Cross streams only at designated fords. when possible, avoid wet, muddy trails. On water, stay on designated waterways and launch your watercraft in designated areas.

Respect the Rights of Others

including private property owners, all recreational trail users, campers and others so they can enjoy their recreational activities undisturbed. Leave gates as you found them. Yield right of way to those passing you or going uphill. On water, respect anglers, swimmers, skiers, boaters, divers and those on or near shore.

Educate Yourself

prior to your trip by obtaining travel maps and regulations from public agencies. Plan for your trip, take recreation skills classes and know how to operate your equipment safely.

Avoid Sensitive Areas

on land such as meadows, lake shores, wetlands and streams. Stay on designated routes. This protects wildlife habitats and sensitive soils from damage. Don’t disturb historical, archeological or paleontological sites. On water, avoid operating your watercraft in shallow waters or near shorelines at high speeds.

Do Your Part

by modeling appropriate behavior, leaving the area better than you found it, properly disposing of waste, minimizing the use of fire, avoiding the spread of invasive species and repairing degraded areas.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 1:16 PM, rperez817 said:

Mr. Street Speed 717 should study and follow the guidelines from the Tread Lightly! organization. This will not only benefit others who wish to enjoy off-road and related activities, but also help him avoid legal troubles as well.  Learn - Tread Lightly

TREAD PRINCIPLES

Travel Responsibly

on land by staying on designated roads, trails and area. Go over, not around, obstacles to avoid widening the trails. Cross streams only at designated fords. when possible, avoid wet, muddy trails. On water, stay on designated waterways and launch your watercraft in designated areas.

including private property owners, all recreational trail users, campers and others so they can enjoy their recreational activities undisturbed. Leave gates as you found them. Yield right of way to those passing you or going uphill. On water, respect anglers, swimmers, skiers, boaters, divers and those on or near shore.

Educate Yourself

prior to your trip by obtaining travel maps and regulations from public agencies. Plan for your trip, take recreation skills classes and know how to operate your equipment safely.

Avoid Sensitive Areas

on land such as meadows, lake shores, wetlands and streams. Stay on designated routes. This protects wildlife habitats and sensitive soils from damage. Don’t disturb historical, archeological or paleontological sites. On water, avoid operating your watercraft in shallow waters or near shorelines at high speeds.

Do Your Part

by modeling appropriate behavior, leaving the area better than you found it, properly disposing of waste, minimizing the use of fire, avoiding the spread of invasive species and repairing degraded areas.

Nice find. I know I definitley wouldn’t be putting videos of myself on YouTube without confirming I was 100% legally compliant. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 1:16 PM, rperez817 said:

TREAD PRINCIPLES

Travel Responsibly

Educate Yourself

Avoid Sensitive Areas

Do Your Part

It's my understanding that either the jumps were filmed on the driver's OWN property, or that he had permission from the land owner to conduct the jump. 

• Like 2

He was charged with something that is independent of where the actions were performed or who’s property they were performed on. 

55 minutes ago, grbeck said:

It's my understanding that either the jumps were filmed on the driver's OWN property, or that he had permission from the land owner to conduct the jump. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gbsharon said:

He was charged with something that is independent of where the actions were performed or who’s property they were performed on. 

Yes sir Gbsharon, in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and all other U.S. states, people who commit violations of waterways laws can be charged even if those actions took place on private property with permission of the property owner, or on one's own property.

1 hour ago, Gbsharon said:

I was responding to the Tread Lightly! information, which says the person is to "respect the rights of private property owners." He did. 

And just because something is enshrined in the law doesn't mean we can't question it. At various points in our history, both Prohibition and the 55-mph and 65-mph speed limits were the law of the land. I can only hope and pray that, in 2021, no one is clueless enough believe that either one worked, let alone was ever a good idea. 

Edited by grbeck

17 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Yes sir Gbsharon, in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and all other U.S. states, people who commit violations of waterways laws can be charged even if those actions took place on private property with permission of the property owner, or on one's own property.

This whole thing smack of overcharging...we'll see what the actual outcome of the case is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1