Bronco Sport PTU overheating??

Definetly agree positive claims will be the norm....but its those that push the limit with soon-to-be parts busted that will win the day......edukatin the owners is just laughable thought process.....i would put a sticker in the glove box warning owners vehicle is not trail rated.....

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 3:36 PM, FR739 said:

Precisely.  

And it remains to be seen if the Bronco will fair any better or worse. 

It will. I own a Ranger which uses the same conventional truck style transfer case and drive line the Bronco will use and it has never let me down in deep snow or getting out of a muddy field which took a heck of a lot of effort. There is a big difference between the system that will be used on the T6 Bronco vs this modified Escape system.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jpd80 said:

What's to educate?

None of the vehicles "busted",  just Ford nanny software cutting into avoid a failure.

If it becomes a "problem", then I'm sure that Ford or the aftermarket will have a solution.

I’m thinking the education portion would be in using the different modes.  Either that or Ford will update normal/default mode to be a little kinder to the ptu as it is in the off-road modes.

Part of the solution, at least for non badlands editions, will be available at the parts counter in the form of badlands upgraded ptu.  That will probably be enough for most folks.  Beyond that, demand may be nonexistent for upgraded parts as folks will buy something more capable if they regularly play on the sand dunes and can’t wait 15 minutes for it to cool down and exit limp mode.