Buyback Offer

I have posted about my software woes with my otherwise beautiful BL Navigator. 

Lincoln Concierge just called. Long story short, they are offering to buy back my vehicle. Will receive details in the coming days. 

Lincoln has come through here on this. I didn't ask for this option. Based on my time out of service and, in their words, my patience, they are doing this on their own. 

• Like 4

From what I've seen you've been refreshingly rationale and patient with Lincoln in trying to get full functionality from your vehicle.  At some point, someone has to say "enough is enough" and I'm happy to see the courtesies you extended were offered back to you.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gpfarrell said:

From what I've seen you've been refreshingly rationale and patient with Lincoln in trying to get full functionality from your vehicle.  At some point, someone has to say "enough is enough" and I'm happy to see the courtesies you extended were offered back to you.

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it!

I did rant to the Concierge several times, but always politely. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Black Label said:

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it!

I did rant to the Concierge several times, but always politely. 

You set an excellent example Black Label sir of sharing your experiences in a polite, rational way with your dealership, with Lincoln, and on this forum. Very glad to hear that Lincoln returned the favor!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

You set an excellent example Black Label sir of sharing your experiences in a polite, rational way with your dealership, with Lincoln, and on this forum. Very glad to hear that Lincoln returned the favor!

Thank you, and I have appreciated your comments and help along the way. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently got my 2021 Aviator Reserve II back from the dealership, and, after almost 30 days with the vehicle and replacing a few parts, they told me the electrical ground wasn't tightened down. Having the knowledge I do, I understand what that can do to the entire electrical system of the car, and all the computers. I have since had issues with my seats resetting themselves, the display screen not turning on at all, buttons, when pushed, going to the incorrect setting or even music station, the door lock on the exterior not working, etc. 

In my experience, electrical inconveniences are not a huge problem, just an annoyance. The issue comes because I know that every wire and computer is affected by the inconsistent electrical current going through the car, and unfortunately, there is no good way to fix this, since most of the car is electrical. 

I have seen cars stall in the middle of the freeway because of electrical error codes, and I'm unwilling to put myself at risk that way. I have been in touch with the dealership. Do I try and let them help me with this? I am expecting Lincoln to fix the car or buy it. 

19 minutes ago, otterlover said:

Can you point me to your posts about what issues you are having with your Navigator? 

Jeez, they are scattered around, I think. I was looking and had a hard time finding them. Mostly what I believe are SYNC 3 issues. Also phone as a key and a couple other things. 

24 minutes ago, Black Label said:

Jeez, they are scattered around, I think. I was looking and had a hard time finding them. Mostly what I believe are SYNC 3 issues. Also phone as a key and a couple other things. 

Sync 3 doesn't work for me either. key doesn't work at times. So interesting. 

1 hour ago, otterlover said:

Do you think Lincoln is open to letting you buy the next year? what is entailed in that? I started the process for the Lemon Law yesterday and the client manager seemed pretty optimistic. Just wondering if you have any insight into what to expect. 

Yes. I just keep paying off my current vehicle until I can get a 2022.