2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Ordered a 2022 F-450.  Dealer states they will honor X-Plan; however, system will not price out X-Plan at this time.  I have gotten a little smarter since following this Forum and will push them on the subject.  Worried about authenticity of “on order” while not providing the details.  Oh well....   Enjoying the education nevertheless.   Thanks All. 

I ordered my 2022 f250. Getting X plan. Dealer said they could not see what x plan was but I would see copy of invoice with x plan written on it. Would have to sign off that I did receive x plan once it’s in. Also saw where it would not let them put it in as priority 10. They had to do it as 19. Thoughts on that???

1 hour ago, mink said:

So I ordered and paid a deposit for a 2022  super duty and else where I've read that in order to make sure that it's in the unscheduled order bank I should receive or have a    DORA  what does a dora look like and should I have one all ready?

I don’t think DORAs are used with the new ordering system.  But you should have some kind of order acknowledgment form or screenshot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, akirby said:

I don’t think DORAs are used with the new ordering system.  But you should have some kind of order acknowledgment form or screenshot.

Thanks akirby, I have the order form with all the truck,options and prices along with signatures and a receipt.

2 minutes ago, Michael Lappy said:

Talk to your sales man and have him print out the build sheet that will show it was ordered. 

That's what I have but, but then after some reading I thought there might be something else I should have received. I think everything is good to go. Thanks 

2 hours ago, mink said:

So I ordered and paid a deposit for a 2022  super duty and else where I've read that in order to make sure that it's in the unscheduled order bank I should receive or have a    DORA  what does a dora look like and should I have one all ready?

posted my dora 

Edited by 22F250
error

On 3/20/2021 at 10:28 PM, ScottK1 said:

This is the one I ordered.  X-plan is just slightly under invoice.  Multiple .996 times invoice and add $275 at the bottom for the actual total of this order.

2022 F350 Tremor.pdf

Thank you! That's what I needed. Everything I've been reading will say something like "I got x-plan minus XXX" or "XXX under invoice", but I've had no idea how to estimate what invoice actually looks like. Your truck has enough options that I can get a pretty good ballpark of what my invoice price will be.

11 hours ago, MilesD said:

Ordered a 2022 F-450.  Dealer states they will honor X-Plan; however, system will not price out X-Plan at this time.  I have gotten a little smarter since following this Forum and will push them on the subject.  Worried about authenticity of “on order” while not providing the details.  Oh well....   Enjoying the education nevertheless.   Thanks All. 

All the 2022 Super Duty pricing information is available in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system including the X Plan pricing. Make sure you're talking directly to the Sales Manager or higher and not relying on what a Sales Representative tells you. 

11 hours ago, bryanjones said:

I ordered my 2022 f250. Getting X plan. Dealer said they could not see what x plan was but I would see copy of invoice with x plan written on it. Would have to sign off that I did receive x plan once it’s in. Also saw where it would not let them put it in as priority 10. They had to do it as 19. Thoughts on that???

They don't know what they're talking about or simply lying to you! All the 2022 Super Duty pricing information is available in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system including the X Plan pricing. Make sure you're talking directly to the Sales Manager or higher and not relying on what a Sales Representative tells you. Retail orders placed in WBDO default to Priority Code 19 but the dealership can change it to anything between 10-19.

9 hours ago, 22F250 said:

I have a Dora from my dealer

F250 ORDER Confirmation.pdf

Yes, this is a DORA. The ordering system still generates the DORA's but they're basically obsolete as they're sent to the dealership's terminal to be printed out but not available in digital form unless they're scanned such as the copy you have. Few Dealers use DORA's any longer and the only other way to get confirmation that an order has actually been placed, scheduled, etc. is via a screen capture from the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system or a copy of the Vehicle Visibility report for your order. Unfortunately, Ford has yet to recognize the need and benefit of providing a digital order confirmation directly from the WBDO system. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Michael Lappy said:

Talk to your sales man and have him print out the build sheet that will show it was ordered. 

A vehicle "Build Sheet" familiar to those in a dealership's service department has nothing to do with vehicle orders. The "Build Sheet" provides information on the vehicle specifications after the unit is built.  

8 hours ago, loglat87 said:

Thank you! That's what I needed. Everything I've been reading will say something like "I got x-plan minus XXX" or "XXX under invoice", but I've had no idea how to estimate what invoice actually looks like. Your truck has enough options that I can get a pretty good ballpark of what my invoice price will be.

The dealership is obligated to provide the X Plan pricing which is available at the time the order is placed. 

42 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

A vehicle "Build Sheet" familiar to those in a dealership's service department has nothing to do with vehicle orders. The "Build Sheet" provides information on the vehicle specifications after the unit is built.  

I apologize I was told by my sales department that the build sheet is the only print out I could get when they built my truck. I’m finding out now from this forum that there is a lot more info here then i can get from sales. I’m just gunna talk to the owner(sales manger) for now on. 

20 minutes ago, Michael Lappy said:

I apologize I was told by my sales department that the build sheet is the only print out I could get when they built my truck. I’m finding out now from this forum that there is a lot more info here then i can get from sales. I’m just gunna talk to the owner(sales manger) for now on. 

No problem! I just wanted to clarify what a "Build Sheet" actually is. FYI... The factory "Build Sheets" are shipped with the vehicle. 99.9% of the time they get discarded when the dealership receives the vehicle because staff members either don't know what they are or just consider it part of the scrap or miscellaneous paperwork that's in the vehicle when shipped from the plant. I used to pull the Build Sheets for certain retail ordered vehicles (usually Mustang GT's or Shelby's) so that the customers would have the documentation for future use.  

Edited by ice-capades