2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

I received this email from Ford today, I guess my order is in the system now.? 

Your 2022 Super Duty F-250 Platinum Order.

Inbox

profile_mask2.png

Ford Motor Company <reply@t.email-ford.com>

12:58 PM (2 hours ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Your order has been confirmed.

View Online

Ford Logo
Status bar image
Image of a Super Duty towing a trailer

YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN CONFIRMED.

Dear Randy 

Congratulations on ordering your all‑new Super Duty F-250 Platinum Crew Cab! Your order has been placed with Ford Motor Company on your behalf by Vision Ford.

A SUMMARY OF YOUR ORDER IS OUTLINED BELOW.*

2022 Super Duty F-250 Platinum Crew Cab 4X4:

• Pickup
  • SRW
  • 7.3L 2-Valve V8 Gas Engine
  • TorqShift® 10-speed Automatic Transmission
  • Star White Metallic Tri-Coat
  • Black Onyx Unique Platinum 40/Console/40 Multi-Contour Leather Seats
  • 18" Low-Gloss Black Painted Aluminum Wheels
  • Tremor Off-Road Package

*Does not show all optional and included packages/features.

Your vehicle order is one of the early orders for the 2022 Super Duty F-250 Platinum, and because we are building this vehicle just for you, we wanted to share a bit more on our production process as it may impact your delivery time. As part of the quality assurance process at Ford Motor Company, customer orders are only built when all quality checks have been met. This process may lead to a longer wait time for your vehicle to be built, but is designed to help ensure your satisfaction. Throughout the production process, we will keep you updated on the status of your order. You will receive email notifications when your vehicle is:

• Scheduled for Production – all necessary parts are secured, and your order has been placed in the production schedule.
  • Built – your vehicle has been built, and we will let you know of the estimated arrival date at your dealership.
  • Shipped – your vehicle has been shipped, is on its way to your dealership, and we’ll include the latest estimated arrival date.
  • Like 1

I ordered on 3/18 and got the same email on Friday.  I have no idea how the order was entered since I did it all by phone and email with my dealer.  But at least I know that Ford knows that truck belongs to me and I don't need to depend on my dealer for updates.  Thanks Ford!

Edited by ScottK1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottK1 said:

I ordered on 3/18 and got the same email on Friday.  I have no idea how the order was entered since I did it all by phone and email with my dealer.  But at least I know that Ford knows that truck belongs to me and I don't need to depend on my dealer for updates.  Thanks Ford!

I did exactly the same thing as you.

9 minutes ago, mink said:

With 2022 super duty's order Scheduling Beginning (KTP) to start 04/22/2021 - 2022MY. When would a vin# be issued/available?

I found the answer in a different thread.

The VIN number is generated at the time the order is scheduled. If you don't have a VIN number then the order hasn't been scheduled. Don't let a Dealer tell you otherwise unless it's one of the few model exceptions scheduled for production outside North America. I believe EcoSport and Transit Connect but would have to check. In addition, units built for export (Mustang) have their VIN numbers assigned some time after the initial scheduling. 

10 hours ago, mink said:

I found the answer in a different thread.

The VIN number is generated at the time the order is scheduled. If you don't have a VIN number then the order hasn't been scheduled. Don't let a Dealer tell you otherwise unless it's one of the few model exceptions scheduled for production outside North America. I believe EcoSport and Transit Connect but would have to check. In addition, units built for export (Mustang) have their VIN numbers assigned some time after the initial scheduling. 

my understanding is retail orders don't schedule until after 5 perfect build days which begin June 1st. therefore we should see VIN sometime in early June if all goes according to schedule. 

• Like 1

This is what I was going off of.

• 02/18/2021 - 2021MY Final Fleet Order Date
  • 03/11/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (KTP)
  • 03/25/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (OHAP)
  • 05/30/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (KTP)
  • 06/24/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (OHAP)

• 03/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 04/22/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (KTP)
  •      TBD          - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (OHAP)
  • 06/01/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (KTP)
  • 07/12/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (OHAP)

21 minutes ago, mink said:

This is what I was going off of.

• 02/18/2021 - 2021MY Final Fleet Order Date
  • 03/11/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (KTP)
  • 03/25/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (OHAP)
  • 05/30/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (KTP)
  • 06/24/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (OHAP)

• 03/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 04/22/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (KTP)
  •      TBD          - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (OHAP)
  • 06/01/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (KTP)
  • 07/12/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (OHAP)

yes same here. I believe Ice-capades explained that fleet scheduling begins 4/22 but retail scheduling begins after 5 perfect build days which begin 6/1. again I believe this is what he said but I can't find the conversation. maybe he will post a reply on this.

2 minutes ago, 22F250 said:

yes same here. I believe Ice-capades explained that fleet scheduling begins 4/22 but retail scheduling begins after 5 perfect build days which begin 6/1. again I believe this is what he said but I can't find the conversation. maybe he will post a reply on this.

here is the comment he made.

"Retail order scheduling won't start until the "OK to Buy" status is reached... 5 consecutive days of production with zero defects."

if first build date is 6/1 then 5 days means early June at best. 

2 hours ago, 22F250 said:

The "Scheduling Begins" Date is for regular order scheduling. Fleet order scheduling operates under a totally different process. The "OK to Buy" status is issued after 5 consecutive days of production with zero defects but most often occurs 4-6 weeks after the Job #1 Date. There are times when it happens sooner when there are minor changes between model years and there are times when they start scheduling retail customer orders earlier but it's too early to speculate or assume that retail order will start scheduling in early June.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The "Scheduling Begins" Date is for regular order scheduling. Fleet order scheduling operates under a totally different process. The "OK to Buy" status is issued after 5 consecutive days of production with zero defects but most often occurs 4-6 weeks after the Job #1 Date. There are times when it happens sooner when there are minor changes between model years and there are times when they start scheduling retail customer orders earlier but it's too early to speculate or assume that retail order will start scheduling in early June.  

thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1

So for clarification just so I can quit thinking about it for awhile. I received order conformation email 3/19/21   (2022 F250), When would the very earliest time wise that I would have a vin# issued and a build date? Retail order.

Edited by mink

1 hour ago, mink said:

So for clarification just so I can quit thinking about it for awhile. I received order conformation email 3/19/21   (2022 F250), When would the very earliest time wise that I would have a vin# issued and a build date? Retail order.

Maybe... repeat maybe, have a scheduling notice and VIN number late June or early July if Job #1 production runs smoothly and there aren't more issues with microchips and other factors. Most likely, you're looking at a scheduled date in August or even September depending on production and scheduling factors that are completely unknown right now. Until after the Job #1 Date it's all just speculation.   

• Like 2

If you choose the winch option on the 22 (or 21), does ford include the weight on the payload sticker when truck is weighed at the factory?. I'm assuming the winch weighs at least 150 pounds. Was just wondering since they dont install the winch at the factory.

17 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Maybe... repeat maybe, have a scheduling notice and VIN number late June or early July if Job #1 production runs smoothly and there aren't more issues with microchips and other factors. Most likely, you're looking at a scheduled date in August or even September depending on production and scheduling factors that are completely unknown right now. Until after the Job #1 Date it's all just speculation.   

So does that mean all fleet orders are the first to be built? Or do they just start scheduling them first and build some fleet and some retail at the sane time? Are fleet orders built first to make sure there are know problems? Just trying to learn the process. Thanks

6 minutes ago, mink said:

So does that mean all fleet orders are the first to be built? Or do they just start scheduling them first and build some fleet and some retail at the sane time? Are fleet orders built first to make sure there are know problems? Just trying to learn the process. Thanks

Fleet order scheduling is a different process from scheduling for stock or retail orders. In addition, the fleet order-to-delivery timetable is much longer than for stock or retail orders and certain fleet models (Police units in particular) have different specifications.

Initial scheduling is normally restricted to Dealer stock orders only with retail orders starting to schedule only after the "Okay to Buy" status is achieved after 5 consecutive days of production with zero defects. 

• Like 2