2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

8 hours ago, mink said:

So ice-capades where do the trucks go in this 5 days zero defect run? That's has to be a lot of trucks. Dealer stock?

Vehicles built prior to the "Okay to Buy" status being achieved (after 5 days of production with zero defects) are parked at the plant and other storage lots as necessary. Once the "Okay to Buy" is achieved, which includes the initial shipping release, vehicles produced are released for immediate shipment. Vehicles parked at the plant or in storage are inspected and/or repaired as necessary to meet the required production/quality standard and then are released for shipping. As such, depending on how many vehicles were produced and stored prior to the "Okay to Buy", it can take some time before the backlog of vehicles is cleared and those vehicles shipped to dealerships. It's a major part of why initial order scheduling is restricted to Dealer stock orders. Retail orders normally don't start getting scheduled until after the "Okay to Buy" status is achieved. 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 10:47 PM, Kyoshea said:

Here is my order. Hopefully they keep the build schedule on time. My F350 was stolen in December and it blows not having a truck.  

0EDF5335-121D-4B0E-B35D-9639C8B5E901.jpeg

Looks like we ordered the same truck.

On 3/22/2021 at 10:47 PM, Kyoshea said:

Here is my order. Hopefully they keep the build schedule on time. My F350 was stolen in December and it blows not having a truck.  

Edited by Chris E

Hello all, new member and second post on the forums.

I placed my 2022SD Tremor order on 4/16 without x-plan. I have since learned of it by reading through another thread on this forum. Did I need to "activate" x-plan at time of order or can i use it at time of pickup? This is my first time ordering a truck through a dealer instead of buying one off the lot. New to this whole thing.

1 hour ago, Nick1236 said:

Hello all, new member and second post on the forums.

I placed my 2022SD Tremor order on 4/16 without x-plan. I have since learned of it by reading through another thread on this forum. Did I need to "activate" x-plan at time of order or can i use it at time of pickup? This is my first time ordering a truck through a dealer instead of buying one off the lot. New to this whole thing.

You can get your PIN and have access to pricing within a day or two after you join the Mustang Club of America, you just aren't eligible for the pricing until the stated time. Since you are ordering and the truck won't be delivered for several months, this is not an issue. If it was me, in your situation, I would join the Mustang Club of American, get the PIN in hand and check what the cancellation clause is with your deposit contract. Then, after all your ducks are in a row, I would reach out to the dealer and ask if they will honor the pricing on the existing order or if you would need to cancel the order and reorder. Keep in mind, that X-Pricing is suppose to be disclosed to the dealer upon initial contact, dealers are not obligated to offer the program, and you have already agreed to purchase the vehicle. The right course of action at this point is between you and the dealer.

BTW...I would consider remaining a member, to support the Mustang Club of America.

Edited by Robin Hood

16 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

You can get your PIN and have access to pricing within a day or two after you join the Mustang Club of America, you just aren't eligible for the pricing until the stated time. Since you are ordering and the truck won't be delivered for several months, this is not an issue. If it was me, in your situation, I would join the Mustang Club of American, get the PIN in hand and check what the cancellation clause is with your deposit contract. Then, after all your ducks are in a row, I would reach out to the dealer and ask if they will honor the pricing on the existing order or if you would need to cancel the order and reorder. Keep in mind, that X-Pricing is suppose to be disclosed to the dealer upon initial contact, dealers are not obligated to offer the program, and you have already agreed to purchase the vehicle. The right course of action at this point is between you and the dealer.

BTW...I would consider remaining a member, to support the Mustang Club of America.

I will reach out to the dealer and see if I need to change or cancel my order. From what I've gathered on the forum, scheduling for MY22 isn't until 5/6 so I have some time to get things sorted.

I did join mustang club and have my PIN ready to go. There is the 90 day minimum membership requirement, but my understanding is that is needed at time of pickup and not ordering, do I have that correct?

Saw this on another forum as well. My dealer had no knowledge of this so they couldnt say for sure if it was valid or not. Ford's website just lists a tiny disclaimer that reads:

"Place an order through your dealer between 4/1/2021 and 7/6/2021 and receive $500 upon delivery of your new retail vehicle. Exclusions apply. See dealer for complete details."

Any other information on this would be great.

9 hours ago, ScottK1 said:

That's just for ordering via Ford's new build and price and order option, but you can't order a 2022 Super Duty that way yet.

For those that haven't seen it, attached and below is the information on the Ford Custom Order Job Aid which was originally posted at https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63667-ford-vehicle-ordering-scheduling-process/&page=9

Ford_Custom Order Job Aid_2021.pdf

Ford_Custom Order Job Aid_2021-1.jpg

Ford_Custom Order Job Aid_2021-2.jpg

Ford_Custom Order Job Aid_2021-3.jpg

6 minutes ago, torino420 said:

When can we expect to be able to order a 22 on Fords site, the few dealers I've dealt with here in Northern Cali say I have to wait.

Ford doesn't even have the 2022MY Super Duty online yet so it may be a while. Ford isn't very punctual with adding new vehicle content or features and don't advise their dealers. Although you can't spec out or order a vehicle online through the Ford site, you can still order it through a dealer. 

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 1

We are ordering a 2022 F550 Lariat chassis cab.  On the 2021 Build & Price, the Lariat Value Package includes a power sliding rear window.  On the paperwork we have gotten from the dealer, it is not mentioned.  It does not appear to be an option he can specify.  Does that mean the opening window is no longer available for 2022 or is it just an oversight in the documentation?  A second question, is it possible to get a sun roof in the F550?  The sales manager says he doesn’t have an option for a sunroof.  Just want to confirm as we would be frustrated if it was available and it did not get ordered.  Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Cdbinns said:

We are ordering a 2022 F550 Lariat chassis cab.  On the 2021 Build & Price, the Lariat Value Package includes a power sliding rear window.  On the paperwork we have gotten from the dealer, it is not mentioned.  It does not appear to be an option he can specify.  Does that mean the opening window is no longer available for 2022 or is it just an oversight in the documentation?  A second question, is it possible to get a sun roof in the F550?  The sales manager says he doesn’t have an option for a sunroof.  Just want to confirm as we would be frustrated if it was available and it did not get ordered.  Thanks!

I'd recommend reviewing the 2022 Super Duty Chassis Cab Order Guide which should answer your questions.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/560-2022-super-duty-chassis-cab-order-guide/

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

First I'd like to thank you all for sharing your insight and experience here, it is truly appreciated.

I just placed my first SD truck order yesterday, '22 F250 CC Platinum. 

While placing a custom order, is it possible to take delivery from the factory and drive it back home, if possible can anyone share the experience?

10 minutes ago, Rivert0n! said:

Hello everyone,

First I'd like to thank you all for sharing your insight and experience here, it is truly appreciated.

I just placed my first SD truck order yesterday, '22 F250 CC Platinum. 

While placing a custom order, is it possible to take delivery from the factory and drive it back home, if possible can anyone share the experience?

Ford does not offer vehicle delivery at any of the plants. And the only facility that has tours is the Dearborn Truck Plant although the tours may not yet be available again due to COVID-19.

• Like 2

I'm pulling my hair out! I'm seeing all these posts of you guys getting your 2022 Superduty orders in, yet several dealers are telling me they are not allowed to enter in 2022 orders!!

What is the secret to entering in a 2022 order for these dealers? Is there a specific system they are to use? anything?

I don't understand how some dealers are able to get this done, yet others are clueless....

1 hour ago, Tncdrew said:

I'm pulling my hair out! I'm seeing all these posts of you guys getting your 2022 Superduty orders in, yet several dealers are telling me they are not allowed to enter in 2022 orders!!

What is the secret to entering in a 2022 order for these dealers? Is there a specific system they are to use? anything?

I don't understand how some dealers are able to get this done, yet others are clueless....

They are incompetent and/or lying.  Not dealers you want to work with.  Are you talking to fleet managers?  They are the ones who can help you.

1 hour ago, Tncdrew said:

My guess is there just lying and probably because they don't want to use any of there allocation for your order, there thinking might be that they can get a lot more money over MSRP once they have the truck on the lot with all that's going on with the short supply of SD trucks, or there just don't have a clue. 

• Like 1