2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2 hours ago, Tncdrew said:

I'm pulling my hair out! I'm seeing all these posts of you guys getting your 2022 Superduty orders in, yet several dealers are telling me they are not allowed to enter in 2022 orders!!

What is the secret to entering in a 2022 order for these dealers? Is there a specific system they are to use? anything?

I don't understand how some dealers are able to get this done, yet others are clueless....

The USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) for 2022MY Super Duty orders opened for all Dealers at the same time. There is no secret to ordering 2022MY vehicles. Any Dealer claiming that they can't place 2022 Super Duty orders is lying and you should take your business elsewhere. While the USOB is open, the scheduling start is still TBD. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScottK1 said:

They are incompetent and/or lying.  Not dealers you want to work with.  Are you talking to fleet managers?  They are the ones who can help you.

Fleet Managers do not usually get involved with retail customer orders as the fleet business is very time consuming by itself and doesn't allow time for retail orders. 

11 hours ago, mink said:

My guess is there just lying and probably because they don't want to use any of there allocation for your order, there thinking might be that they can get a lot more money over MSRP once they have the truck on the lot with all that's going on with the short supply of SD trucks, or there just don't have a clue. 

Dealers earn additional allocation by selling more vehicles which retail factory orders help them do. Retail orders are like money in the bank as the customer gets the exact vehicle they want or require and the vehicle is delivered to the customer within days of arriving at the dealership. It's that quick turnover that helps including the fact that the Dealer doesn't incur the usual floorplan inventory expenses. Not wanting to order a retail customer's vehicle because they don't want to use the allocation for a retail order is simply stupid. The retail order will be delivered as soon as it's received from the factory as opposed to a vehicle that could potentially sit in stock inventory for an extended period, or at least incur some floorplan expense, even when inventory is tight. Inventory management is much more difficult when inventory is tight because there's a much slimmer margin of error in stocking the right inventory mix.  

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 5

Success!! I found a dealer in my state of Tennessee who knows what heck he's doing!

Price quoted, surprisingly got to apply X-Plan discounting (wife's job, yay!), deposit taken, order entered!

I'd also like to throw a shout out to Ice-Capades, and all the other awesome knowledgeable users in this forum that provided me with a quick education, and the tools to ask all the right questions!

Thanks guys!!!

Edited by Tncdrew
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

So I need some input to make me feel better. I have read that people who have placed their orders have been getting confirmation emails. I placed my order on March 22nd but have yet to receive any confirmation with the exception of my dealer stating its been order. I signed the order form, sent it back and gave them $1000. Please let me know when you placed your order and when or if you received the confirmation email from Ford direct. Thanks in advance. BTW, my priority was 19 and I attached my signed order. 

Order confirmation.pdf

5 hours ago, breed1 said:

So I need some input to make me feel better. I have read that people who have placed their orders have been getting confirmation emails. I placed my order on March 22nd but have yet to receive any confirmation with the exception of my dealer stating its been order. I signed the order form, sent it back and gave them $1000. Please let me know when you placed your order and when or if you received the confirmation email from Ford direct. Thanks in advance. BTW, my priority was 19 and I attached my signed order. 

Order confirmation.pdf

you need to call the salesman your ordered with and ask him to add your email to the order.  I ordered 3/16 and had email a few days later.  

10 hours ago, breed1 said:

Order confirmation.pdf

It sure might be that your dealer didn't include your email with the order. I ordered 3/19 or let say the dealership entered it on the 19th and I received the email from Ford on the 22nd

5 hours ago, Cackalacky said:

you need to call the salesman your ordered with and ask him to add your email to the order.  I ordered 3/16 and had email a few days later.  

I called the sales manager and he explained to me that he never adds the retail customers personal info to the order because of all the spam that goes out as a result of Ford having your email. So I can only assume that all is good. He mentioned that he already had 12 Super Duty retail orders and that Ford is definitely putting a priority on retail orders but that doesn't mean much if commodities can't be obtained in a timely manner. All i can do is keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. 

21 minutes ago, breed1 said:

I called the sales manager and he explained to me that he never adds the retail customers personal info to the order because of all the spam that goes out as a result of Ford having your email. So I can only assume that all is good. He mentioned that he already had 12 Super Duty retail orders and that Ford is definitely putting a priority on retail orders but that doesn't mean much if commodities can't be obtained in a timely manner. All i can do is keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. 

The sales manager is concerned about you receiving spam e-mail and that's his excuse for not including your e-mail address as part of your retail order? Lazy excuse for not doing what's expected!

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, breed1 said:

I called the sales manager and he explained to me that he never adds the retail customers personal info to the order because of all the spam that goes out as a result of Ford having your email.

Translation - I don't want my customer knowing more about his order than I do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tncdrew said:

I placed my order yesterday (5/4) with my dealer about 4:00p....

By 8:00p last night (same day), I received the confirmation email directly from Ford.

My dealer used priority 10.

also ordered yesterday in the morning, had the FORD email within 45 minutes of giving the deposit

• Like 1

6 hours ago, breed1 said:

he never adds the retail customers personal info to the order because of all the spam

I called back to the dealer ship about a week latter and reminded them to add my Email to the WBDO. Couple hours passed and Ford Emailed. Haven't seen any influx of spam because of it. I would just keep injecting yourself into his life till he does it. Maybe then he'll see that ford sending you updates is better then you pestering him. I see they have a fuel charge on your order. How common is that? Should have them apply half the cost for the wheel well liners to the gas charge. The platinum comes with the rears.  

Edited by ttwn0324

42 minutes ago, 2fifty said:

Were you given any tentative delivery date?

I wasn't given one and they would be crazy to give a date with the delays that keep happening... Hopefully, vendor production picks up substantially from now through the end of year. If there are less 2022 Heavy Duty Trucks built than the normal production, they should be classified as limited editions and hold even more resale value than ever before.  Right? (wishful thinking...)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2fifty said:

Were you given any tentative delivery date?

No... dealer said he was thinking September but I could tell he was guessing.   Ordered a 2021 right after Christmas (work truck) that took 3 months to build before any chip shortage.  So my thoughts were job #1 in June + 3 months + chip shortage, I’m thinking around Halloween 

6 hours ago, ttwn0324 said:

I see they have a fuel charge on your order. How common is that? Should have them apply half the cost for the wheel well liners to the gas charge. The platinum comes with the rears.  

Ford puts the $80 fuel charge on all orders.  My dealer complains about it as well, since they don't put $80 worth of fuel in them.

Edited by ScottK1

11 hours ago, ttwn0324 said:

I see they have a fuel charge on your order. How common is that? Should have them apply half the cost for the wheel well liners to the gas charge.  

The fuel charge is part of the invoice cost of the vehicle and not something added by the dealership. And Ford's policy is that every new vehicle is to be delivered with a full tank of fuel for all retail sales. 

8 hours ago, roger19er said:

No... dealer said he was thinking September but I could tell he was guessing.   Ordered a 2021 right after Christmas (work truck) that took 3 months to build before any chip shortage.  So my thoughts were job #1 in June + 3 months + chip shortage, I’m thinking around Halloween 

I was really hoping for end of July…

I ordered a '22 F-350 6.7 XLT here in MN dealer, 4/19/21, priority code 10, and I also got the confirmed Ford email directly from Ford on 4/21/21. That was nice. They honored the x plan plus the $500 promotional custom order incentive. Now all I have to do is find a PCO which seems nearly impossible to get.

I am curious to see what minor changes have been done on the interior of the xlt super duty. All the pics of '22 are of the interior of the Lariat due to the new 12 screen.

I'll just wait until Ford updates the site/

10 hours ago, Baddestt said:

I ordered a '22 F-350 6.7 XLT here in MN dealer, 4/19/21, priority code 10, and I also got the confirmed Ford email directly from Ford on 4/21/21. That was nice. They honored the x plan plus the $500 promotional custom order incentive. Now all I have to do is find a PCO which seems nearly impossible to get.

I am curious to see what minor changes have been done on the interior of the xlt super duty. All the pics of '22 are of the interior of the Lariat due to the new 12 screen.

I'll just wait until Ford updates the site/

I ordered my F250 XLT on April 6th got the confirmation email same day. Priority code 14, which is weird. 

To the absolute best of my knowledge the only change to the interior of the XLT trim was the deletion of the tan/camel color option, which really got my nose out of joint cause I thought it so pretty with the Rapid Red. And to rub salt in it, I was waiting for a real estate deal to close to fund the truck purchase. The last day to order a 21 (with tan interior) was March 15 and the deal was signed April 1. Dang it!!

According to order guides about the only change to XLT was the color deletion, and a blue paint color was changed and a gray was deleted.

I don't think you could tell much difference between a 21 or 22 XLT sitting side by side. 

7 hours ago, Radio said:

I ordered my F250 XLT on April 6th got the confirmation email same day. Priority code 14, which is weird. 

Not necessarily. In larger markets or larger dealerships, they could have other retail orders that were placed ahead of yours and those other orders have priority codes 10-13.

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Not necessarily. In larger markets or larger dealerships, they could have other retail orders that were placed ahead of yours and those other orders have priority codes 10-13.

Wouldnt most dealers just use the same priority for all special orders and just let them be built by order date unless there was a special circumstance where you needed to rush an order ahead of earlier orders?