2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Wouldnt most dealers just use the same priority for all special orders and just let them be built by order date unless there was a special circumstance where you needed to rush an order ahead of earlier orders?   

The system is supposed to use the order dates but quite frankly Ford can't be trusted to accurately follow that process. I've seen it happen all too frequently over the years. The system often follows the path of least resistance regarding commodity issues and will schedule the order that is the easiest to schedule and least requiring commodity exceptions to be made and thereby ignore the order date. It's also why, depending on the vehicle line, where there are certain commodity restrictions, it's best if the Dealer has the Regional Office or Regional Scheduler re-prioritize the retail order at an "01" Priority Code. Doing so forces the system to make every attempt to make a commodity or other exception (allocation) and expedite the order's scheduling. 

Unless it's a high volume dealership with more than 10 retail orders in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) for a vehicle line, it's better for the dealership to use separate priority codes for each retail order... 10 for the 1st order, 11 for the 2nd order, etc. In the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system, retail orders default to Priority Code "19" requiring the Dealer to manually assign a lower priority code. Having multiple orders in the USOB with the same priority code tells the system to treat all those orders equally.

The order priority code is the most important. Having multiple orders tells the system that the Dealer doesn't care which of those orders gets scheduled which is why the system will schedule the easiest order commodity wise. Technically the system is supposed to consider the order date but there are too many other factors involved and the order date is often ignored.   

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

The system is supposed to use the order dates but quite frankly Ford can't be trusted to accurately follow that process. I've seen it happen all too frequently over the years. The system often follows the path of least resistance regarding commodity issues and will schedule the order that is the easiest to schedule and least requiring commodity exceptions to be made and thereby ignore the order date. It's also why, depending on the vehicle line, where there are certain commodity restrictions, it's best if the Dealer has the Regional Office or Regional Scheduler re-prioritize the retail order at an "01" Priority Code. Doing so forces the system to make every attempt to make a commodity or other exception (allocation) and expedite the order's scheduling. 

Unless it's a high volume dealership with more than 10 retail orders in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) for a vehicle line, it's better for the dealership to use separate priority codes for each retail order... 10 for the 1st order, 11 for the 2nd order, etc. In the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system, retail orders default to Priority Code "19" requiring the Dealer to manually assign a lower priority code. Having multiple orders in the USOB with the same priority code tells the system to treat all those orders equally.

The order priority code is the most important. Having multiple orders tells the system that the Dealer doesn't care which of those orders gets scheduled which is why the system will schedule the easiest order commodity wise. Technically the system is supposed to consider the order date but there are too many other factors involved and the order date is often ignored.   

The SQL programmer in me wants to just add:

ORDER BY PriorityCode, OrderDate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Radio said:

I ordered my F250 XLT on April 6th got the confirmation email same day. Priority code 14, which is weird. 

To the absolute best of my knowledge the only change to the interior of the XLT trim was the deletion of the tan/camel color option, which really got my nose out of joint cause I thought it so pretty with the Rapid Red. And to rub salt in it, I was waiting for a real estate deal to close to fund the truck purchase. The last day to order a 21 (with tan interior) was March 15 and the deal was signed April 1. Dang it!!

According to order guides about the only change to XLT was the color deletion, and a blue paint color was changed and a gray was deleted.

I don't think you could tell much difference between a 21 or 22 XLT sitting side by side. 

According to TFL, there are minor enhancements to the dash instrument panel, and center dash knobs.

There will be some interior minor enhancements on the interior that will tell it apart from a '21

6 hours ago, Baddestt said:

According to TFL, there are minor enhancements to the dash instrument panel, and center dash knobs.

There will be some interior minor enhancements on the interior that will tell it apart from a '21

That's scary, as I liked it the way it was. TFL has some video about the upper trims getting the SYNC4 and 12" screen but I haven't seen anything about changes to the XLT and down. For the 12" screen all the HVAC and media knobs and such get updated and I don't know if I like them better or not. I guess I'll find out when the truck gets here. Somebody post up links/pics to XLT changes for 2022 if you can find any. I asked Ford marketing for a brochure and there are none yet. 

Are we still looking for KTP production to begin scheduling on 5/13 or is that going to slip? 

2022 KTP production still on track to begin June 24?

Anxious, sweaty palmed future owners want to know.... 

10 minutes ago, Radio said:

Are we still looking for KTP production to begin scheduling on 5/13 or is that going to slip? 

Ford's Scheduling Toolbox still shows 2022MY Super Duty scheduling start as TBD but I'll know better when the updated FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) is released whether the Super Duty schedule is being changed. The FDNB is published every Friday but often isn't released until sometime over the weekend or as late as Monday morning. I'll post an update as soon as I find out anything. 

• Like 4

(At this time mostly interested in 2022 Super duty) When does a dealership get there allocation? Do they get allocation for the year or is it monthly or ? (I was told not until scheduling starts)

I know there's a lot of problems in the production right now with the chip shortage, but if a dealership needed to get a (retail ordered) 2022 Super duty as fast as possible what would the dealership need to do to make that happen?

I've spent a lot of time on Blue Oval reading all I can and I know production won't even start till late June, just wondering what tools the dealership might have if they so choose to get a truck built asap.

3 minutes ago, mink said:

(At this time mostly interested in 2022 Super duty) When does a dealership get there allocation? Do they get allocation for the year or is it monthly or ? (I was told not until scheduling starts)

I know there's a lot of problems in the production right now with the chip shortage, but if a dealership needed to get a (retail ordered) 2022 Super duty as fast as possible what would the dealership need to do to make that happen?

I've spent a lot of time on Blue Oval reading all I can and I know production won't even start till late June, just wondering what tools the dealership might have if they so choose to get a truck built asap.

Dealers get allocation on a monthly basis with two exceptions. The initial allocation at the beginning of the Model Year is called the "System Fill" allocation and covers a two month period. At the end of the Model Year, the "Balance Out" allocation is also for a two month period. The initial allocation for the 2022MY Super Duty was a month ago so the next allocation won't be for another month.

Usually, a vehicle can't get scheduled unless a Dealer has available allocation and it applies to all order types (Stock, Retail, AZXD Plan) except Fleet which are handled through an entirely different process and have no impact on regular stock or retail orders. There are times when a retail order will get expedited scheduling but it's beyond any dealership control and doesn't happen on a routine basis. Should a dealership need to get a retail order scheduled on an expedited basis they can contact their Ford Zone Manager to have the order re-prioritize the order at "01" to expedite scheduling. If the Dealer doesn't have available allocation, the Ford Zone Manager can sometimes get another Dealer in their zone to give up allocation to help out the Dealer needing help.

Our dealership had a customer place a retail order back when Mark Fields was the CEO and the customer knew Fields. The regional office called us to place the order, we called them back with the order number, the order was scheduled within an hour and the vehicle was in the plant being built within two weeks!      

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Radio said:

Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) that provides the order bank, scheduling and production timetable information still hasn't been released. I'll keep checking but it may not be available until tomorrow morning so we can see if the 2022MY Super Duty timetable has been pushed back.  

21 minutes ago, 2fifty said:

Ice, do you have any insight to how fleet orders are prioritized/allocated?  The ‘22 order I have out there was placed thru a fleet sales department 

There is no Dealer allocation for fleet orders. The priority codes for fleet orders are actually a requested production week with a much longer OTD (Order-to-Delivery) timeframe. Ford decides how many fleet orders they'll schedule and produce out of available production capacity and then determines how many are available to each region. The fleet operation is totally separate and has no impact on allocation, scheduling or production of either stock or retail orders. 

The FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) was released and there are no changes to the 2022MY Super Duty timetable. It still shows scheduling starting on Thursday, May 13th and a Job #1 Date on June 24th. The Scheduling Toolbox at the FMCDealer.com portal still shows scheduling as TBD. The next source for information will be the scheduling and commodity weekly notice that is sent by the regional office on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'll post an update with whatever information is received from the regional office. 

1 hour ago, road turtle said:

IC,

Would you expect retail orders schedule to start showing up on may 13th?

Retail orders usually don't start scheduling until the "Okay to Buy" status is achieved which is after 5 consecutive days of production with zero defects. There may be a notice in the scheduling notes that will be released on Tuesday or Wednesday about whether Ford will be making an exception to schedule retail orders due to the current production situation.  

My local dealer will let me order a 350 Platinum Tremor at $1,000 over "Invoice".  He shows me the order screen that has MSRP in one column and Invoice in another column.  This seems like a good price for a popular truck.  And, this dealer only requires $500 down to place the order.  Other dealers that can't meet this price claim that my dealer may not have the 'allocations', and thus, I may not get my truck.  Is this true?  These other dealers also want $2,500-$3,000 down to place an order.  I thought all Retail Orders got placed.

Edited by Matthew3c

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Per notice received from the regional office... 2022MY Super Duty orders will not be selected for scheduling this week. 

As far as you know, the Job #1 MY2022 start date of 6/24 hasn't changed?

5 hours ago, Matthew3c said:

My local dealer will let me order a 350 Platinum Tremor at $1,000 over "Invoice".  He shows me the order screen that has MSRP in one column and Invoice in another column.  This seems like a good price for a popular truck.  And, this dealer only requires $500 down to place the order.  Other dealers that can't meet this price claim that my dealer may not have the 'allocations', and thus, I may not get my truck.  Is this true?  These other dealers also want $2,500-$3,000 down to place an order.  I thought all Retail Orders got placed.

I've never heard of any dealer asking for more than $1000 down.  Seems ridiculous.  Some dealers don't charge any deposit.  I wouldn't put any credence in what one dealer says about another dealer.  And yes, you got a good price.

Edited by ScottK1

8 minutes ago, ScottK1 said:

I've never heard of any dealer asking for more than $1000 down.  Seems ridiculous.  Some dealers don't charge any deposit.  I wouldn't put any credence in what one dealer says about another dealer.  And yes, you got a good price.

When I ordered on 6 April my dealer asked for $1000 down. I really don't blame him as what I ordered is something of a unicorn, 2wd, super cab, 8ft bed, which is not the standard fare you see on dealer lots and that everyone else seems to want. And then there is the unusual wait time, part shortage and all that going on. He just wants to be sure I don't get tired of waiting and will be there when it arrives.

Our agreed on price is protected and it's a really good deal, so I didn't mind. But $3000? I think not. That would raise a red flag. 

12 hours ago, Matthew3c said:

Deposits for retail factory orders are at the discretion of the Dealer. For customers that are well known, no deposit may be required while others may need to put down a deposit up to $1,000 with $500-$1,000 being common. In cases where the customer requires a vehicle that the dealership would never stock (Explorer RWD in the snow belt, etc.) or an unusual configuration, the dealership may require a non-refundable deposit in case the customer cancels. 

My dealer in MN asked for a $500 good faith deposit. I had no problem with that for a '22 F-350 XLT 6.7 Tremor. They also locked in and honored x plan pricing and documented $8000 trade in on my 2007 F-250 xlt 6.0 4x4 short bed SuperCab w/160k miles as long as I did not put any more than 3k miles by the time the 22 is delivered.

No way should you give more than a 1000k deposit. I went to 3 Minnesota dealers and 1 in Wisconsin, neither required more than $500 deposit and this was last month.

Edited by Baddestt

Is anyone else in the northeast having trouble finding a dealer that will put an order in with x-plan pricing? I’ve talked to 5 or 6 now and all have said they won’t do x-plan because they can hardly get trucks as it is. One dealer said they would but refused to give me anything in writing. Seemed like they were leaving themself an out if x-plan was still substantially under market value when the truck came in. It makes sense given they have limited allocations and don’t make much on x-plan deals compared to msrp but it makes me wonder how everyone else is getting their x-plan orders submitted. 

Edited by Mjsmith2